gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 08:22 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  RIDE UK MAG
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: RIDE UK MAG  (Read 2655 times)

gossa

Re: RIDE UK MAG
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2007, 10:20 PM »
I think half of the problem is it has been hard to make racing look good in the mags, not just now there are clips and gate jumping allowed (can't believe slingshot starts are allowed, I can hear Brian Patterson on the Kellogs now "I ADMIT IT, I JUMPED!!!") but even back in fromteh late eighties through to mid nineties, racing got very little coverage.  I think that there is a way to cover a lot of this stuff without making racing look gay to the 'street' majority of RIDE readership, which isn't in the racers interest anyway.

Keep the ideas coming and also keep an ear open for what Billystup has to announce.

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2007, 10:35 PM »
For me (after BMXA) Snap magazine was the best EVER  :smitten:
BUT BMXRider (UK) was good and I even got a few mentions in there (more to do with my shenanginins with Scandanavian girls whilst working in Greece than my riding  :LolLolLolLol: )
NMKY contributed to them and was a damn good writer so I dont see why he couldnt do it now with Ride?
He even bought a BURNER this week so is well Old School  ffs

there are writers and snappers out there (Billy Wright) how hard can it be?

:) DINGO :)

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2007, 12:13 AM »
It was this Clive :

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=45184.0;topicseen

I hear Ride are coming to this so perhaps there might be a bit of coverage  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

zed4130

« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2007, 09:06 AM »
bmxrider was ok, i got a few letters wrote up in there,  ;)  theres a pic of me with a big afro on in one of them  :daumenhoch:

the_cyclops

« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2007, 09:19 AM »
It was this Clive :

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=45184.0;topicseen

I hear Ride are coming to this so perhaps there might be a bit of coverage  :daumenhoch:

I can see Ride covering stuff like this but in reality I dont think that they need to cover racing or the OS Scene, not that im knocking either but in my opinion neither fit with what the magazine/industry is about these days!

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2007, 09:56 AM »
It would be nice to see some old Action Bike favourites in Ride - Me & my bike (new school riders), product shootouts (complete bikes under £300, 3 piece cranks, rims etc etc), small articles with a complete 'parts' breakdown of what's on the top rider's bikes, a look behind the scenes at the factories of some of the industry's big (and small) players, revisit some 'historic' events that Ride have covered in the past - some of the first Backyard jams for example, or how about a seriers of articles on the history of BMX in the UK.  I do think that racing should be covered, clips and all.  Or just run another highly successful 'No Clips' series on the Saturday nights of next years nationals  :daumenhoch:

zed4130

« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2007, 10:12 AM »
It would be nice to see some old Action Bike favourites in Ride - Me & my bike (new school riders), product shootouts (complete bikes under £300, 3 piece cranks, rims etc etc), small articles with a complete 'parts' breakdown of what's on the top rider's bikes, a look behind the scenes at the factories of some of the industry's big (and small) players, revisit some 'historic' events that Ride have covered in the past - some of the first Backyard jams for example, or how about a seriers of articles on the history of BMX in the UK.  I do think that racing should be covered, clips and all.  Or just run another highly successful 'No Clips' series on the Saturday nights of next years nationals  :daumenhoch:

ride do do a section with riders and there bikes its my favourite bit, plus they do bits on parts etc, but abit of racing wouldnt hurt im sure,  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  RIDE UK MAG

gfxgfx
gfx gfx