gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 07:28 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  GT/Aero Reflex Riders
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: GT/Aero Reflex Riders  (Read 2258 times)

scooby74

GT/Aero Reflex Riders
« on: September 18, 2007, 03:44 PM »
.....spent most of the last 3 months packing boxes and moving the family from the west coast of Scotland down to Wiltshire ;)...... as a result I have been mostly renovating our new house and not had much time for my BMX which have been packed away and in storage  >:(

Managed to find a bit of time over the past couple of weeks and whenever I have found a spare minute I've been building up a couple of riders for the missus and me .....  ;D

First of all, bought this 85 GT Performer F+F, bars and stem a while back from Del (cheers mate!)and have finally built it up (just waiting on a seat post decal) - was sunny today so I thought I'd take a few pics..... :smitten:

thanks to Del, Hunterdubber, Dr Skyway and cbrgil for the parts  :daumenhoch:

Also wanted to build a budget BMX for the missus as she's very understanding of this hobby and doesn't really give me any grief over spending money on parts etc  8)

Still a work in progress as I need to fit a new rear axle/freewheel/chain and need to strip and polish the pedal cages, but as it was sunny I thought I'd take some pics anyway ;)

This is an aero reflex F+F,  thanks to Harris and orgasmdonor for Tuffs and bars  :daumenhoch:

Just trying to decide whether to leave the F+F as is in shiny nice chrome, or have some custom decals made up - thoughts please!

wildwood1971

Re: GT/Aero Reflex Riders
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 04:02 PM »
both look stunning mate - love the GT where abouts in wiltshire are ya - im in calne near chippenham

scooby74

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 04:13 PM »
cheers mate, I'm in Nythe, Swindon  :daumenhoch:

2020mad

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 04:27 PM »
get del to do you some  :daumenhoch:

rob

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 04:38 PM »
cheers mate, I'm in Nythe, Swindon  :daumenhoch:

i forgot you were moving just down the road from me  ;D

must meet up sometime  ;)

wildwood1971

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 05:45 PM »
sounds like we should organise a wilts jolly boys day out to me!

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Ridin the TA (but not quite like Bob Medrano)
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2007, 06:05 PM »
Couple of nice rides you have there :daumenhoch: Liking the Lavender/white set up, proper freestyle mids 80s colourway. Deffo custom decals for the Reflex :daumenhoch:

Paul :)
Vans Style

rob

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 05:33 PM »
sounds like we should organise a wilts jolly boys day out to me!

would'nt mind as long as i can get there by train tho

Offline martin46

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 06:17 PM »
Nice bikes mate :daumenhoch:

im from wilts to. (trowbridge) we gotta do a local meet, maybe at the new skate park being built here and due to open shortly. £120,000 worth of smooth concrete bowls... lubbly jubbly, and its right next to the train station for rob.

Offline Del

• Look Back
  • Re-living my youth!
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2007, 07:26 PM »
My old GT looks great, you did a great job on that, loving the black parts on the yellow F&F. Did you strip the stem?
Oh and I'd leave the Aero chrome.  :)

scooby74

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2007, 07:56 PM »
cheers Del  :daumenhoch:
stripped the stem and gave it a good workover with a dremel, turned out a treat - tempted to paint it black to match the rest of the parts eventually, but will leave as is for now  8)

wildwood1971

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2007, 11:16 AM »
wow didnt realize trowbridge had a new skate park £120.000 pounds worth yummy - whens it finished? we got a bowl in calne - must of cost the council at least £4.75  :LolLolLolLol: still better than nothing and at least it gives the smack heads somewhere to hang out !!! we should all get together sometime

Paul

scooby74

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2007, 11:50 PM »
we should definately get together at some point - I have old , mid and new school rides so whatever suits the occasion, well, as long as there is a beer or two.......... :D

RADHAB

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2007, 09:35 PM »

Offline GTnumber1

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2007, 11:05 PM »
HI mate
sweet GT you got there trying to build one the same. need the colour code for the yellow paint work if u can help.CHEERS

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2007, 08:52 PM »
love the GT. very yummy. what a bike  :daumenhoch:
"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  GT/Aero Reflex Riders

gfxgfx
gfx gfx