gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 04:32 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Plastic coating
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Plastic coating  (Read 855 times)

gligsy

Plastic coating
« on: September 19, 2007, 01:05 PM »
Hi there,
This is my first restoration, ive got a Super tuff2 burner from a skip, that needs the frame and forks recoating in plastic (i want to get it back to being as original as possible), but i cant seem to find anyone who can do it. Its the gold plastic. Can anyone help with a full set of pads and some stickers.

Im in the south yorkshire area.

cheers

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Plastic coating
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 01:12 PM »
I think you'll have a real problem trying to get that done mate, plus it'll be very expensive i bet! 

think your best bet is to go back and drop it back in the skip  ;)

2020mad

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 01:28 PM »
I think i read on here one of the burner lads saying that the plastic coat process can't be done anymore as it used to cos it was so enviomentally unfreindly

Offline phantom photon

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 05:35 PM »
I think it's fhmreader on the burner forum that does the clear coloured coatings. Ask stella dave - he got his super tuff done not too long ago  ;)

kowalski

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 05:56 PM »
when you use the words 'burner' and 'plastic coating' in the same sentence i automatically think of the words 'bin liner' and 'bury'
 >:D >:D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Plastic coating

gfxgfx
gfx gfx