gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 01:00 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  2 hip Stout boy
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2 hip Stout boy  (Read 2609 times)

Capt Canuck

2 hip Stout boy
« on: September 16, 2007, 04:46 PM »
Anyone have one?
I'm thinking of buying one from a guy. working out the shipping and such right now. So won't opost pics till I am the owner.
Post pics of your's if you have one. Also any coments about them.
CC

Lazarou

Re: 2 hip Stout boy
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 07:29 PM »
I never liked them, they always looked a bit 'Toys r us' with 2-hip stickers on.

Ron lost the plot after the Riot IMO.

Capt Canuck

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 07:54 PM »
I think they look kind of neat. Figured I'd save it from lifre as a lake jumper.

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 07:58 PM »
isnt the stout boy the flatland designed frame .

snav69

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 08:12 PM »

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2007, 08:16 PM »
and a pork pig  oink oink

Lazarou

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2007, 08:19 PM »
Don't pay any attention to me! No doubt they are well built frames just not my cup of tea.

the_cyclops

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2007, 08:25 PM »
I think that Rons stuff was pretty cool but unfortunately for him at that time he was pushing in a different direction than the mainstream (i.e. everyone wanted to ride bikes that resembled S&M Dirtbikes)

The Stoutboy came out around '96 and had  was super short (19" toptube....35" ish overall length)

I say go for it and feel happy in the knowledge that you are setting yourself apart from the midschool trap of S&M and Standard! (no offense meant to any owners of the above)

Also you can slap on a set of NOS 2-Hip bars that are coincedentally for sale at the mo in the for sale section!!!!!!

:daumenhoch:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2007, 08:41 PM »
good plug   ;)

Capt Canuck

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2007, 09:02 PM »
yes the stout boy is a flatland frame.

christhejob

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2007, 09:20 PM »
all 2-hips were made with appalling tolerances in terms of tyre fit if you go by any thread about them
MAN the WAL riot was a piece of sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet..   ron wilkerson is great but WAL and 2-hip stuff was just so so so so BAD!

(IMO)

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2007, 09:29 PM »
i dont no much about them  but the rear end on the pork is sweet , more room than
most ive got.
the gyro  tabs are another matter,they are widder than a normal gyro.  ???
so i cant fit one  .

christhejob

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2007, 09:31 PM »
ignore "tyre fit"  just say "appalling tolerances"
 ;)

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2007, 09:32 PM »
 ;)

Lazarou

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2007, 09:36 PM »
Chris, didn't you find the Riot aesthetically pleasing? For that one reason alone i liked it! I would never have bought one but i'd did strange things to me!  :-[

the_cyclops

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2007, 09:39 PM »
Chris, didn't you find the Riot aesthetically pleasing? For that one reason alone i liked it! I would never have bought one but i'd did strange things to me!  :-[

Yeah me too.....esp the early early ones with the sloping top tubes

I only ever rode one though (I think it was Johann Chans) It was f****n heavy

christhejob

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2007, 07:29 AM »
ditto above quote from laz
no i didn't.  stickers were OK.  they were just nasty..  those forks..............  that toptube......... uhhhh   dropouts uglier than early standards!!!

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2007, 09:00 AM »
i do like the look of early sm's but the riot just does it for me, it's querky as fook and yes heavy as a bad trip in a lead factory, but thats a typical early midschool freestyler int it? :daumenhoch:

Capt Canuck

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2007, 05:18 PM »
well doesn't look like I'll be getting a Stout boy after all. Not that it's really a Bike I want.  Should have a Big Daddy soon.

SaMAlex

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2007, 01:57 PM »
Geoff Cain had a couple of really early Roits. About a year or so ago he gave a complete bike to a mate. It was one of the realy early ones where the pierced end of the top tube (between the seat tube and rear tyre) was about 3 ft long!!! Anyway, the mates 'house mate' borrowed the bike for a beer run, didnt lock it up and it was never seen again!!!

Not a very nice bike, but def a classic (of some sort) and a real shame it got nicked. At least I'll be able to spot is a mile off if it ever cycles past me!

Offline Wayne Ryder

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2007, 02:42 PM »
I had an early one, too. So early that I could only buy the frame, the story at the time was that the forks all had to go back as the dropouts had been welded on too low down. I even think if you look at pics of Ron riding one you can see that the blocks in his Boas (probably the only calipers that could reach) are jammed right down in their slots.
It was quite a nice bike, as I remember. Lack of 990 lugs was an oversight, but nice chrome & graphics. Long, long frame; mine debuted at Southsea and got a mention in Ride or whatever it was at the time. Didn't have to pull a trick or anything, just turned up!
It was sold to a guy called Deany(?) who was based around Woolwich at the time. He managed to get lugs welded on, which I'd not been able to do. The bike shop (a small one in Dronfield) kept it for a week but wouldn't touch it for some reason they never explained.

Offline gary4130

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2007, 09:50 PM »
was thinking of building one of those stout boys myself. just for something a bit different,  :idiot2:  but now i might just wait (and hope alan's reduce them down a bit  :2funny:)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  2 hip Stout boy

gfxgfx
gfx gfx