gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 05:31 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  A whats it worth post?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A whats it worth post?  (Read 631 times)

Shings

A whats it worth post?
« on: September 16, 2007, 12:51 PM »
Hi All

After Epic last night there were a lot of comments as to - yeh my TRM is great but I'd prob do better on a newer bike... which is something I take on board and will give a go.

Now- I've spotted this.... so how much is it worth?  I quite clearly displayed my lack of BMX knowledge last night and dont want to get ripped off.
I have no info apart from its a F/S Haro Dave Mirra Special and I have a price.

Is it a good bike?  What sort of money should I be paying for it?

Any help is appreciated.

Jake

Offline adenough

• 540 Air
  • Buzz Killington...
  • Rated:
Re: A whats it worth post?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 01:30 PM »
super macro

Shings

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 01:39 PM »

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 01:50 PM »
Nowt wrong with that bike to get you started.  It might be a little on the heavy side perhaps, but I wouldn't worry about that.

Doesn't want to be more than a couple of hundred quid, as for that money we can get you a bike sorted on this forum   ;)

Shings

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 02:00 PM »
Nowt wrong with that bike to get you started.  It might be a little on the heavy side perhaps, but I wouldn't worry about that.

Doesn't want to be more than a couple of hundred quid, as for that money we can get you a bike sorted on this forum   ;)

Lad says he wants £160- I've offered £100 and had no reply yet... Might get him to weigh it- and also measure the top tube first.

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2007, 02:09 PM »
Honestly buddy, don't worry about it.  The TT will not be outrageously long or short, and it'll be on the heavy side.  But it really won't matter for your first ride.  You'll enjoy the modern geometry and the fact the brakes work   ;D

Then after a few months if you're still into it you'll trade up to summat more to your preference.  Pretty much like we all did. I'd say a bargain for £150. If you don't want to ride anymore in a few months, you'll always be able to sell a Haro.  :)

Lazarou

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2007, 02:42 PM »
I'd say it's well worth £150 and will see you ok at the skatepark.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2007, 10:50 PM »
hi ya mate....great to meet you last night!  :daumenhoch:  if you want to get yourself a very cheap but good first new school to cut your teeth on, try one of those 06 Haro sports that Nick and Rob were on last night.  you can get them for about £100 off the bay brand new!  exactly the same geometry as that Haro you've posted and only a oner!  :daumenhoch:

Shings

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2007, 11:46 PM »
hi ya mate....great to meet you last night!  :daumenhoch:  if you want to get yourself a very cheap but good first new school to cut your teeth on, try one of those 06 Haro sports that Nick and Rob were on last night.  you can get them for about £100 off the bay brand new!  exactly the same geometry as that Haro you've posted and only a oner!  :daumenhoch:

Cheers Pickle... good to meet you too.. in fact everyone was top.

A few peeps have said the same- I'm waiting to see what the guy says and if not I have my eyes on one.

Jake

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  A whats it worth post?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx