gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 02, 2024, 12:46 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  OSS rules where are they?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: OSS rules where are they?  (Read 3052 times)

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: OSS rules where are they?
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2007, 10:17 PM »
I am shocked about all the questions about this, especially about age of bikes, the rules havent changed since the OSSS, we have never excluded a bike because of age, in fact when webdawg broke her OS bike she was allowed to compete on a new school bike. This series is designed for us to have fun, compete in a sport we all love and meet and make friends. This constant questioning will start to spoil the series, if your not happy then contact one of us by PM, but dont keep moaning about it.
A long time ago, in a land far away!

dialledbikes

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2007, 10:33 PM »
Tony, I don't think people are moaning (I'm certainly not), just seeking clarification on where they stand.  If the rules are enforced, then I'll change my frame if I have to.  At the end of the day, I'm just a paying customer and you guys run the series, so I'm not in a position to dictate anything to you.  Just seems to have come out of the blue.

Just checked my Assassin and there's no frame number on it, so I don't even know when it was made anyway.

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2007, 10:45 PM »
I am shocked about all the questions about this, especially about age of bikes, the rules havent changed since the OSSS, we have never excluded a bike because of age, in fact when webdawg broke her OS bike she was allowed to compete on a new school bike. This series is designed for us to have fun, compete in a sport we all love and meet and make friends. This constant questioning will start to spoil the series, if your not happy then contact one of us by PM, but dont keep moaning about it.

Are you really shocked?  796 says pre 89...  in my eyes that is a major change.  The people who run OSSS let the riders use Robinsons, Elfs, Auburns and Haros from the 90s. I put ideas forward for oldschool bikes only months ago and the idea was shot down by a number of people, because of costs, now your riders are expected to make another purchase and buy a new frame set, because you have changed you mind... 

Have another think please :-\
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2007, 11:01 PM »
Unless we go back to the way it was I'm not riding in the series anymore, because I can't afford to buy another race frame and forks.

Just like to point out though that Sam's bike is a 1989 Robinson Pro frame and therefore now illegal, so I expect he'll be having his bike banned as well, as well as everyone else that ries a Robinson Pro or Pro XL.

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2007, 11:08 PM »
Unless we go back to the way it was I'm not riding in the series anymore, because I can't afford to buy another race frame and forks.

Just like to point out though that Sam's bike is a 1989 Robinson Pro frame and therefore now illegal, so I expect he'll be having his bike banned as well, as well as everyone else that ries a Robinson Pro or Pro XL.

Zippy, don't sweat it mate...  Mike Pardon rode an early 90s GT and Alan rode a 1990 Robo in the Alans Old School Series...  are OSSS saying Alan is wrong?

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2007, 11:27 PM »
I thought it was always clarified as 1" threaded forks and caliper brakes, I can`t remember an age being put on the bikes.

If you really want it to be old school then you`d have to say pre 85 which is generally recognised as the time line   :-\
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

spillers#1

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2007, 11:30 PM »
Sod that i feel nostalgic for old early 80's bikes but they are sh1te compared to later bmx's  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2007, 11:36 PM »
Yep, the late 80`s bikes are certainly better with there longer TT and suit us better now that we`re a bit bigger than back in the 80`s  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2007, 11:38 PM »
I've got a spare Pro XL id your hankering after one Bill.  :daumenhoch:

spillers#1

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2007, 11:41 PM »
I'LL HAVE IT  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2007, 11:42 PM »
Sod that i feel nostalgic for old early 80's bikes but they are sh1te compared to later bmx's  :LolLolLolLol:

You're not wrong mate, but Billy has it nailed...

I thought it was always clarified as 1" threaded forks and caliper brakes, I can`t remember an age being put on the bikes.

End of ...

Rooonga

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2007, 01:50 PM »
I thought I would be missing the beginning of the series due to the wrist op.

Now looks like I'm disqualified for the whole series as my FreeAgent is a 1989.

Tony's you can see why peeps are getting a little anxious here. Recon yous'll have to make a decision. One minute it's about fun and any bike is allowed, then it's pre 1989 only, then pre 1990.

(And does it mean that Sam is DQ'd as well?)

I'm sure it'll be a fantastic series, but lets just get it sorted out. Make the decisions. (Even if they are hard ones.)

IMHO I can see no reason not to to go with Alans OS rules - and I'm certain it isn't anything to do with getting rid of the competition!

spillers#1

« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2007, 02:00 PM »
Roonga i think its allsorted now mate  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2007, 02:19 PM »
I thought I would be missing the beginning of the series due to the wrist op.

Now looks like I'm disqualified for the whole series as my FreeAgent is a 1989.

Tony's you can see why peeps are getting a little anxious here. Recon yous'll have to make a decision. One minute it's about fun and any bike is allowed, then it's pre 1989 only, then pre 1990.

(And does it mean that Sam is DQ'd as well?)

I'm sure it'll be a fantastic series, but lets just get it sorted out. Make the decisions. (Even if they are hard ones.)

IMHO I can see no reason not to to go with Alans OS rules - and I'm certain it isn't anything to do with getting rid of the competition!

Ok radsters, Lets kick off the Biggest Old School series ever, This post will be updated as we go, and we are going to have a few suprises thrown in the mix!!

First off, the rules. Bikes must have 1" threaded head tube, caliper brakes (pitbull and center pull allowed) and 20" wheels. No Retro, Anniversary or replicas.

The series fee has gone up to £17.50, payable on first race, for this you will get a series Tee shirt and a series plate. There will also be trophies for the top 20, the most improved rider and race bike of the series. There may also be special end of season race plates like the ones from Alans this summer.
We are also in negotiation with sponsors to see what we can do to make it a bit more special.

There will be two races with double points, two suprise tracks which will only be announced 5 days before the race.

Every round will count in the points, any races cancelled will not be re run. You need to complete 7 rounds to qualify for a series position and trophy.

We will be supplying number plates for all entrants with either your summer series rank or a number of your choice (If available) to use throughout the series.

We are also planning a social evening with disco, buffet etc. This is only in the planning stage and details will be announced in the new year.

Round 1 Hersden October (Date TBA)

Round 2 Dagenham Dave Young Testimonial Race 28.10.2007 (Double points)

Round 3 Braintree Date TBA

Round 4 Dagenham 28.11.2007

Further rounds will be announced as soon as we can.

Dont forget you will need to pay race fees on the day and abide by each tracks rules, ie: some clubs insist on full face helmets.

We are also looking at running a novice points table for anyone who never raced the OSSS07.

Huge thanks to Everyone who raced the OSS07 and to those that race the OSWS07. Also thanks to RADBMX, Alans, Dialled Bikes for their support.

Tony "RATTY" Waye Tony "BMX-796" Riley Sam "Nishiki-14" Wonfor

« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 02:31 AM by billstup »
A long time ago, in a land far away!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  OSS rules where are they?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx