gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 12:20 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Euro bottom bracket change
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Euro bottom bracket change  (Read 542 times)

HEYWOOD BMX

Euro bottom bracket change
« on: September 12, 2007, 12:06 AM »
 :) I`m trying to swap my cranks over from a frame with a 68mmbottom bracket shell to a frame with a 73mm shell.Would it be ok to just use a couple of extra washers between the b/b bearings to compensate for the extra width,without having to try and find/buy a new tube spacer?

Thanks,

James

darkersomeday

Re: Euro bottom bracket change
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 12:15 AM »
as long as its spaced accurately and theres enough axle to hold the arms properly you should be ok like,

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 12:18 AM »
assuming you mean adding washers on the inside to make the tube spacer effectively longer there shouldn't be a problem. just be careful that the washers aren't too deep that they'll obstruct the bearing shell

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 12:30 AM »
 :)Thanks-glad you both understood what I was saying-Damn "professional mechanics"in my local MTB shop could not grasp what I was trying to tell them.Prob just trying to sell me some overpriced crap anyway!!

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 07:53 PM »
as long as when all the spacers and tube are installed and tight there is a 2mm ish gap on one side between cup and frame so the bearings dont get side loaded then they will be fine  :daumenhoch:

:) DINGO :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Euro bottom bracket change

gfxgfx
gfx gfx