gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 06:20 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Painting Tuff wheels
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Painting Tuff wheels  (Read 1054 times)

highrisedrifter

Painting Tuff wheels
« on: September 11, 2007, 11:39 PM »
I've been thinking for ages of getting a pair of Tuffs painted in urban camouflage.

Seeing the thread recently where a lot of manufacturers did their own thing with a wheel has now clinched it for me.

Seeing as the best I can do is a few stick figures, i'd like to get the wheels painted professionally.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Many thanks

HRD

selfpreservation

Re: Painting Tuff wheels
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 11:44 PM »
thats gonna be a bitch to get off  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Nicfred

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 10:37 AM »
dont do it  :'(  :'(

Superkav

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 10:31 AM »
You'll have to leave them on a show bike unless of course you mean to paint up a Coaster rear and not use a brake on the front as braking with pads will lift the paint straight away. I like the idea though. i was toying with the idea of getting one of my beats painted in desert camo but after a few enquiries I gave up on the idea. Painting camo means lots of fiddly pattern cuts, lots of time,is very tricky and ultimately expensive.

gavking

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 09:45 PM »
I have painted a few frames and a camper van (bay window van) in german winter camo before and it was very easy to do.
If you are doing tuffs and want black white and grey camo go to halfords and buy 1 large tin of satin black 1 large tin of white primer and a large tin of grey primer then spray the tuffs black as a base coat. Sit down with a scalpel and a roll of fablon then cut out loads of abstract shapes stick them all over the tuffs leaving 1/2  black these will act as a mask rthen spray the tuffs grey. Remove the fablon stickies then put some more on covering the grey and black in places then spray white. Remove the stickies and you end up with a nice camo finish if you have had a nice even spread of fablon stickers.
I will see if I can dig out some pics

gavking

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 09:46 PM »
That was my van done in the same method but a bit bigger.r

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 09:50 PM »
nice van.
i got to get me a vw soon.

where do you get them light covers from.
the little chrome eye lid things ?.
dave the bmxing gypo

gavking

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 10:24 PM »
eyelids from big boys toys!!!
Sold the van and now wish I had kept it!!

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 10:26 PM »
thats a treat the van and does sean still own big boys toys
as not been down there since selling me vw's
and were ya from craze01

gavking

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2007, 11:03 PM »
Up here in sunny newcastle!!
Dont know if he still owns it as got out of VWs and back into lambrettas and BMX / Mountainbikes.
Im one of the old bmx crowd up here although haven't rode at all this year but still come on here to see what you are all getting up to!!!
currently own a floval flyer 97ish and restoring a profile cruiser.
Still bump into a lot of old riders up here and there is still a lot of interest in oldschool bmx although some of us have bought pink licra and road bikes. (not me by the way)

highrisedrifter

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2007, 11:42 PM »
I have painted a few frames and a camper van (bay window van) in german winter camo before and it was very easy to do.
If you are doing tuffs and want black white and grey camo go to halfords and buy 1 large tin of satin black 1 large tin of white primer and a large tin of grey primer then spray the tuffs black as a base coat. Sit down with a scalpel and a roll of fablon then cut out loads of abstract shapes stick them all over the tuffs leaving 1/2  black these will act as a mask rthen spray the tuffs grey. Remove the fablon stickies then put some more on covering the grey and black in places then spray white. Remove the stickies and you end up with a nice camo finish if you have had a nice even spread of fablon stickers.
I will see if I can dig out some pics

Thanks for the help, mate. Cracking idea and nice job on the van too.  :daumenhoch:

HRD

gavking

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2007, 07:44 AM »
No problem i see your are into electro too!!
I have a few mixes from back in the day of electro from a dj named stesh and another called djaky we have converted them to cd
and they have all the rare tunes on mixed .
If ya interested we had a big scene up here and a regular sat afternoon club that at least 500 people used to go to so if you want a couple of good mixes PM me highrisedrifter and I will send you some.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Painting Tuff wheels

gfxgfx
gfx gfx