gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 07:33 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Pepi Winder R.I.P
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Pepi Winder R.I.P  (Read 23603 times)

T Jenkins

Re: Pepi Winder R.I.P
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2007, 07:50 AM »
This is very sad news and a great loss to a small community - especially family and friends who had the pleasure of riding with him. As I recall Pepi was always laughing and smiling and I am sorry to here of this tragic news.

RADHAB

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2007, 09:25 PM »
I'll deffo be there Jamie.

Nice.  Get your new svelte self up for the candy bar contest!!!

What a day!! Jamie....well done old friend! I woke this morning and one of the lads i ride with and bought with me said "RH, the weather is gonna be cr@p today!" what does he know?? i know that when i woke this morning and smiled for day that layed ahead some one else smiled on the day as well because it was a day in memory of him, and who could forget the charismatic Winder smile and cheeky ness that went with it to brighten any dreary out look up, thanks Pepi for keeping the weather at bay.
The day started a bit quietly and for a moment i thought i'd got the wrong weekend!! Dirty Den rang me and said he was in the car park but needed his chain fixing (FIRST GIGGLE OF THE DAY) so i rescued him and sorted his chain, then more people turned up and the riding started going off a bit, Mike o'connell was possibly the first to be there super early and tore the mini ramp apart with his usual array and onslaught of front brake and front wheel shananigans!! Mr Canning made an appearance as did the legend of vert more commonly known as the Bish! nice one for coming Steve although i hope the spuds you had to go off and peel were worth it!!
Then Jamie and his crew made it and set up there kit, lots of goodies displayed ready for the Pepi auction, some great pics of Pep in some nice frames were on the agenda for the auction as well as bars grips and DVD's. Jamie and co looked like they were on for a most splendid result!
Time for the action and i have to say i havnt laughed like i did today for such a long time, brought back those memories of days gone by.....The candy bar challenge was histerical! new school riders that had the chance to ride with Pepi or just new him did him proud, no one at the start looked as if they had ever done a candy bar anything ever but by the end of the sesh they were going off all over the place, over the spine, Jump box and even peeps doing airs....brilliant!
Then the foot down comp, i cant begin to say how funny that was, the amount of people that started off was enormous and looked as if there was gonna be real carnage all over but all ended well despite bikes being literally thrown in front of people, laid in the path of riders landing over jump boxes and all sorts!! briliant!
Then the auction went off and it looked like peeps were digging deep for all sorts of goodies....well done again to Jamie and his possey for the donations and help that went towards the stuff that went under the hammer. The buckets that were laid around the place seem to do well as well, all good stuff but to me the most memorable part of the day was when a young local lad that Pepi had obviously made an impression on came up to me on the midi ramp and said "Hi mate are you here for the Stuart thing?" i didnt know what to say, not because of what he'd asked me but because he'd asked me if i was there to help with the Stuart thing....."Oh sh1t....You mean Pepi" i said and he nodded and said back "Yep Pepi......my friend"and then rolled in to the ramp......
I cancelled a booked private seshion at Interact for 2 days today and tomorrow to be at an oldschool uk legends memorial event and to do what i could to help raise money to give Pepi a deserved send off, i am oldschool and i am new school and so was Pepi, i knew him well enough to have a telephone conversation and a chat at an event but never really really new him as a mate....my loss, if i can cancel such a weekend and make it to an important day to help in  even a small way then i'm sure some of the 3000 members on this website could too....they didnt so i hope that you will all still dig deep and pledge whatever you can to the email address given in other threads, if you need reminding of what they were i will post them at the bottom.....just a pound is all thats needed from each of you and i gues anything that is left over will go to another charitable cause.....
A very poor turnout today RADBMX so now make you amends and help give the oldschool legend that is Stuart "Pepi" Winder the sendoff he deserves.

R.I.P Pepi,

RH.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2007, 09:57 PM »
RH, after reading your very compelling post, i feel rather ashamed of the lazy arsed day i had today......i did however send my donation first thing when i woke up but that still does not make up for not getting off my lazy arse and coming along.......i'm not sure where this Jam was but i'm sure it wasn't too far from Hatfield.

I hope the day went well and the pot of funds have reached the amount needed! 

Top stuff fella!  :daumenhoch:

RADHAB

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2007, 10:03 PM »
Pickle the day was great and Jamie and the Mob exelled, i just wish that the claiments to be oldschool fans on this site had made a slightly bigger effort to support the send off for a rider who to me eppitomises the whole Ethos of oldschool freestyle in the uk.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2007, 10:10 PM »
i agree with you mate.......and embaressed i am too mate, although to be fair i didn't know too much about the Jam and it's where abouts? so i'm guessing neither did a lot of others?  just a thought mate.......I'm with you though regards the donations!

Come on guys.....we all think nothing of parting with a tenna for a mouldy old pair of grips, lets donate the tenna to a great cause!

Well done RH, Trev and Jamie for doing all the stuff you've done!  i'm sure you'll reach your goal by wednesday and give Pepi the send off he deserves!

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2007, 10:48 PM »
same as pickle, fairly embarressed that i couldnt make it....

payment sent

Dave
haro, how do you do

Jamie C

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2007, 11:07 PM »
I'll deffo be there Jamie.

Nice.  Get your new svelte self up for the candy bar contest!!!

What a day!! Jamie....well done old friend! I woke this morning and one of the lads i ride with and bought with me said "RH, the weather is gonna be cr@p today!" what does he know?? i know that when i woke this morning and smiled for day that layed ahead some one else smiled on the day as well because it was a day in memory of him, and who could forget the charismatic Winder smile and cheeky ness that went with it to brighten any dreary out look up, thanks Pepi for keeping the weather at bay.
The day started a bit quietly and for a moment i thought i'd got the wrong weekend!! Dirty Den rang me and said he was in the car park but needed his chain fixing (FIRST GIGGLE OF THE DAY) so i rescued him and sorted his chain, then more people turned up and the riding started going off a bit, Mike o'connell was possibly the first to be there super early and tore the mini ramp apart with his usual array and onslaught of front brake and front wheel shananigans!! Mr Canning made an appearance as did the legend of vert more commonly known as the Bish! nice one for coming Steve although i hope the spuds you had to go off and peel were worth it!!
Then Jamie and his crew made it and set up there kit, lots of goodies displayed ready for the Pepi auction, some great pics of Pep in some nice frames were on the agenda for the auction as well as bars grips and DVD's. Jamie and co looked like they were on for a most splendid result!
Time for the action and i have to say i havnt laughed like i did today for such a long time, brought back those memories of days gone by.....The candy bar challenge was histerical! new school riders that had the chance to ride with Pepi or just new him did him proud, no one at the start looked as if they had ever done a candy bar anything ever but by the end of the sesh they were going off all over the place, over the spine, Jump box and even peeps doing airs....brilliant!
Then the foot down comp, i cant begin to say how funny that was, the amount of people that started off was enormous and looked as if there was gonna be real carnage all over but all ended well despite bikes being literally thrown in front of people, laid in the path of riders landing over jump boxes and all sorts!! briliant!
Then the auction went off and it looked like peeps were digging deep for all sorts of goodies....well done again to Jamie and his possey for the donations and help that went towards the stuff that went under the hammer. The buckets that were laid around the place seem to do well as well, all good stuff but to me the most memorable part of the day was when a young local lad that Pepi had obviously made an impression on came up to me on the midi ramp and said "Hi mate are you here for the Stuart thing?" i didnt know what to say, not because of what he'd asked me but because he'd asked me if i was there to help with the Stuart thing....."Oh sh1t....You mean Pepi" i said and he nodded and said back "Yep Pepi......my friend"and then rolled in to the ramp......
I cancelled a booked private seshion at Interact for 2 days today and tomorrow to be at an oldschool uk legends memorial event and to do what i could to help raise money to give Pepi a deserved send off, i am oldschool and i am new school and so was Pepi, i knew him well enough to have a telephone conversation and a chat at an event but never really really new him as a mate....my loss, if i can cancel such a weekend and make it to an important day to help in  even a small way then i'm sure some of the 3000 members on this website could too....they didnt so i hope that you will all still dig deep and pledge whatever you can to the email address given in other threads, if you need reminding of what they were i will post them at the bottom.....just a pound is all thats needed from each of you and i gues anything that is left over will go to another charitable cause.....
A very poor turnout today RADBMX so now make you amends and help give the oldschool legend that is Stuart "Pepi" Winder the sendoff he deserves.

R.I.P Pepi,

RH.

Cheers Steve, Pepi never forgot that the only important part of BMX is having fun and things are sometimes a bit too serious in BMX.  Most of those kids at the park today literally  grew up riding with Pepi and they're mainly all amazing riders who  want to have fun more than win.  I can't believe a bunch of skint looking people raised so much money for Pepi.  Anyhow, if everyone pays up what they've promised we're nearly there on the donations and Pepi will be burried in Horsham where all those kids loved him.  It's amazing to me and I'm sure one day Pepi's girlfriend will be able to articulate what it means to her.  Some of the people on this board have been really generous and it wont be forgotten.

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2007, 11:40 PM »
Jamie will you be able to let us know when and where the funeral is.

Thanks

Billy
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline Stace

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2007, 07:31 AM »
Was my daughters birthday !

Whats the address for donation?

Stace  :)

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2007, 07:34 AM »
yep great at horsham yesterday with it been very layed back and chilled and some great fun was had and everyone looking like they were having fun .pepi would have been proud of yesterday
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Jamie C

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2007, 09:48 AM »
Jamie will you be able to let us know when and where the funeral is.

Thanks

Billy

Sure.  I should know all the details later today.

YGT

« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2007, 11:00 AM »
was there enough cash to bury pepi in the place he wanted t be buried at?

Offline Faze 3

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • No school like the old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2007, 05:24 PM »
Just got back from my holidays to hear Pepi has passed away. Absolutely gob smacked as many others have already been.

Its a sad day when someone how I guess was still in his 30's. I've no idea how he died, everyway its a tragic thing. did he have kids?

even worse reading some of the post's I never realised Neil Ruffell had passed away.

I was going to post some holiday bmx photos, but I just don't feel like it now!

steve1275

« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2007, 09:58 PM »
bummed i missed the jam, didnt find out till sunday night..
well done to those who made it, hope you had fun for pepi.
 a great legend who will be missed.

steve

Jamie C

« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2007, 10:53 PM »
did he have kids?

Thankfully not.   He was a kid himself.....an old one!

radmandan123

« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2007, 08:51 PM »
i wonted to go to the jam but i coudent get down to horshom i will donat some money
                    RIP PEPI u will be sadly missed  :( :'( :-\
    Dan :'(

Trev

« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2007, 11:35 PM »
i wonted to go to the jam but i coudent get down to horshom i will donat some money
                    RIP PEPI u will be sadly missed  :( :'( :-\
    Dan :'(

nice one dan...  :daumenhoch: 

dan the man who rides with pepi's old helmet....  ;D 

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Pepi Winder R.I.P

gfxgfx
gfx gfx