gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975654 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6351 Members - Latest Member: Spencerkidd July 08, 2024, 09:04 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  was just about to buy this when i read the review...made me chuckle anyway
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: was just about to buy this when i read the review...made me chuckle anyway  (Read 1093 times)

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
my brakes are poo at the mo so was hovering over the add to cart button.

maybe not.

i think ill get a boa instead.
I want to touch ORB

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
boas have fairly good pressure but if not lob a plate on.

SaMAlex

To use something like that, you increase the leveage of the caliper but the lever needs to pull more cable through to get it to feel better. This is exactly why you need special V brake levers when you use V brakes. Add to that all the extra friction those add ons have and they never really work.

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
lol wayne   ;D
i might have a lever you need

HEYWOOD BMX

To use something like that, you increase the leveage of the caliper but the lever needs to pull more cable through to get it to feel better. This is exactly why you need special V brake levers when you use V brakes. Add to that all the extra friction those add ons have and they never really work.
Leisure Lakes bike shops were stocking a pulley type device until recently,that allowed non v-brake levers to operate v-brakes.Maybe that could make this thing work??

the_cyclops

ACS Doubler = Spongy brakes!

Just buy a BOA and find out how good a front caliper can be (Until the shaft snaps and sprays everything with a shower of tiny bearings!!!) whilst throwing you over the bars!

Get a 10mm BOA and drill the hole in your forks out a bit for the win  :daumenhoch:

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
'Nut Tightener' ...snigger. Nice one Phil.

Offline Wayne Ryder

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
I'll stand by my review anytime, worst piece of snake oil I was ever stupid enough to buy.
BOAS were fantastic, I've one on my StreetBeat and I dismantled & greased the bearings exactly as I said you should in another of my pearls of wisdom on the SkatePool site. Drilling out the forks for the fat axle never really appealed to me as I imagine it'd weaken them a fair bit, though on here someone said it'd be OK to do so.

What lever are you talking about, harris? Another 80s ACS miracle product?

mi16kie

Does Rob still do reaction mega brakes?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  was just about to buy this when i read the review...made me chuckle anyway

gfxgfx
gfx gfx