gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 05:47 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  oww i like this....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: oww i like this....  (Read 1402 times)

darkersomeday

Re: oww i like this....
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2007, 12:58 AM »
none at all mate! youre probably right like :LolLolLolLol:

i didnt realise you rode one of those, it wasnt meant as a personal affront or anything,

its always just baffled me why they made it :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2007, 01:07 AM »
To be fair to it apart from the usual brakes, grips and tyres all i had to replace was the chain wheel which bent on the coping in the first couple of weeks and the FSA headset exploded after a couple of years.

It is heavy as fook though which suits my fat ass frame as i never worried about breaking it....

It started to give up this year though, wheels and cranks started to grind a bit with all the sand and dirt and the brakes need replacing again but for the , i think about £300 i paid for it, it did ok.

I've replaced it with the bike i bought before it and never rode and have had to do a bit of work on it to keep it going where's i never touched the quad till it went wrong.

darkersomeday

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2007, 01:26 AM »
those mid school rippers and quads were fantastic bikes, not just a show-pony but a serious race bike too, and you can see the heritage in it too, it actually looks like a"pk ripper"

its what i really wanted the current se racing to do with the new rippers, utilize modern tube technology to keep as close to the original as they could, imagine a new school ripper that made use of high qualty internally butted tubes and modern buildng techniques :smitten:
you'd have an elegant, great looking race frame that was still able to cut it in the mains, a bike worthy of the old "ripper" name,
instead they just took the name and jumped in with the "who can make abike look more like a spaceship" crowd,

the first one they tried was even worse, with that big fooking toptube wishbone that was more "assasin" than "ripper"

in there defence though the retro quads are lovely, the retro rippers are looking good too!

just to go back to the "porker" analogy one last time, porsche spends a massive amount of money developing cars (911) packed with the latest technology but still look connected to the original, which is why its still a legend, if they suddenly made a car that looked like a mazda rx8 and called it a 911 the porsche fans would say "get right to fook thats not a 911" :LolLolLolLol:

that ripper is very nice dude :daumenhoch:
i dont usually like gold stuff personally but it rocks with the dark met green :daumenhoch:
(if it WAS a porker it'd be a classic 964 variant :LolLolLolLol:)

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2007, 01:31 AM »
yeah and what the fook it that grill on the seat stay?

I make you right Joe  :daumenhoch:

darkersomeday

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2007, 01:34 AM »

I make you right Joe  :daumenhoch:

:LolLolLolLol:
i'm getting there in the end hopefully mate!

with a bit of firm handed steerage and a harsh word every now and again i'll be like a puppy in no time :daumenhoch:

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2007, 10:35 AM »
yep saw this a few months ago, its spot on i'd say though the components are the same as the 1st retro one (except wheels)

Can't wait till i get mine in november hopefully  :daumenhoch:  misses is going to go spare

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  oww i like this....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx