gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 01, 2024, 06:18 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Mongoose solution, info wanted.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Mongoose solution, info wanted.  (Read 999 times)

neckbrace

Mongoose solution, info wanted.
« on: September 01, 2007, 08:53 PM »
I have a mongoose solution frame, forks, stem, post and clamp. The frame No. is K4111627.
When I got it (at the last real backyard jam) I was told it was a prototype team model. It has an odd size (not one and an eighth or one inch) headtube and forks. One of the first ones with a clamp on stem.
It's had a hard life and is cracked but I'm thinking of getting it fixed and putting it together. If anyone can give me any imformation on it I'd be very gratefull.
In case your wondering I will not be selling as this was my favourite bike for years and I still love it now.

Lazarou

Re: Mongoose solution, info wanted.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 09:16 PM »
Any piccies?

neckbrace

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 08:53 AM »
I'll have to borrow a camera and work out how to get 'em on yer. I'll see what I can do.

SaMAlex

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 09:03 AM »
When BMXs started with clamp on stems there was no fixed size for a nominal 1 inch setup. Some of the companies forks only fitted the clamp on stem from the same company. The headset should be a normal size, and the frame is probably a "1 inch" frame as I cant see them making a proto type headset. The stem problem can always be sorted out with a shim. Id suggest getting a normal 1inch threaded headset (and fork?) just to see if it does fit the frame.

neckbrace

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 12:49 PM »
As I remember 1" fits the forks but not the frame (too loose), I used to have to grind down 1 and an eighth cups to fit (wich never lasted long). It had some kind of "tange" headset on when I got it but that was shagged anyway. I'm going to take it up the local MTB place and see if they can work it out as I was told there are a few differrent sizes. Otherwise it'll have to be the grinder.
Could I get frame stickers anywhere for it?

neckbrace

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 09:59 AM »
I've been trawling through the old BMX Plus's and it looks like it's a '95 (with cable hanger for canti's).
I'm very keen on getting hold of a sticker set for it, anyone have any ideas?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Mongoose solution, info wanted.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx