gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 12:27 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Triple A Rascal revisited
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Triple A Rascal revisited  (Read 1107 times)

Offline reilley1

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Triple A Rascal revisited
« on: September 04, 2007, 10:38 PM »
A while back I received my friends AAA Rascal on loan to the Reilley1 museum of old school radness.

Shortly after he gave me a few pictures of him racing along with  a picture of how the bike looked when he first got it.

I built the bike a while back but decided to make it as close as it was when he first got it.

AAA Rascal:

This is the original picture

and the rebuild

Thanks Greg for the bike, WFO for the front rim, Cheez for the bars and Keep_it_warm for the post

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Re: Triple A Rascal revisited
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 10:44 PM »
Lush, especially those tyres  :smitten:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

theRuler

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 10:56 PM »
another super nice bike from the R

what year would that be?

Offline bmxgirl

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 09:11 PM »
Cool bike ,,, Ruler is that emelda from grange hill in your avatar ?????????

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 09:28 PM »
looks kinda FMF/Race Inc ish
Very sweet as always Reilly  :smitten:

:) DINGO :)

se

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 11:34 AM »
Perfect.  :)

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 12:25 PM »
Very nice Rick , as dingo said kinda FMF/Race Inc'ish .

Who made AAA Rascals ? .

Offline reilley1

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 03:26 PM »
AAA was a company from Southern California.  They made the original Kawasaki aluminum bikes  in addition to this bike.  They predate FMF and Race Inc.  The connection was that Bill Bastian worked there at the time and spun off to form Race Inc. 

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2007, 03:29 PM »
AAA was a company from Southern California.  They made the original Kawasaki aluminum bikes  in addition to this bike.  They predate FMF and Race Inc.  The connection was that Bill Bastian worked there at the time and spun off to form Race Inc. 

Cool , what year approx was this F+F made . I see from the race pic it was still being raced 83/84 ? ( noted Ceedub rider behind gate in pic ) .

zed4130

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 03:37 PM »
yet another great build mate, with the usual history aswell   :4_17_5:  thats one nice frame ive never heard of a aaa rascal  :smitten:    :4_17_5:

Offline reilley1

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2007, 03:39 PM »
Frame is 75.  When mt friend Greg (owner of the bike) saw me looking through Vintage, RAD sites at work.  He told me that used to race BMX and still had his aluminium bike.  I dropped off some names of "newer" bikes and he kept saying "no, that's not it"  I finally ran out of choices and said "AAA Rascal?" He said that was it and explained how he had bought it used when he used to race and how he had updated it with "modern" racing equipment

zed4130

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2007, 04:52 PM »
Frame is 75.  When mt friend Greg (owner of the bike) saw me looking through Vintage, RAD sites at work.  He told me that used to race BMX and still had his aluminium bike.  I dropped off some names of "newer" bikes and he kept saying "no, that's not it"  I finally ran out of choices and said "AAA Rascal?" He said that was it and explained how he had bought it used when he used to race and how he had updated it with "modern" racing equipment

:daumenhoch: thanks for the details mate  :4_17_5:

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2007, 05:21 PM »

1975  :shocked:

Cool story , I bet that was frustrating when your calling off the names and he just keeps saying no ! lol

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Triple A Rascal revisited

gfxgfx
gfx gfx