gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 05:45 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Did S&M ever make a bike with a freestyle platform?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Did S&M ever make a bike with a freestyle platform?  (Read 717 times)

thesku11s

Did S&M ever make a bike with a freestyle platform?
« on: September 02, 2007, 04:53 PM »
Ive bought a bike of a friend and cant quite figure out what it is,

ill be picking it up tommorow so cant show you pics of it yet....

But I was impatient & curious.

It has what seems like 1" S&M dithforks on it. -Although they have a pithfork sticker on them? so might be neither and cheaper similar forks.

The frame  is chrome and and has details which are identical to an S&M dirtbike - the gusset joining downtube to headtube on the underside. And also the machined shape of the BB shell.

But the frame has a freestyle platform! - never seen an S&M with one, just cant put my finger on what frame this is.

the dropouts are really thick and nothing like a dirtbikes either.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 11:58 PM by thesku11s »

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: Did S&M ever make a bike with a freestyle platform?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 05:04 PM »
they sure did make one

teamsano

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 06:01 PM »
here it is-

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 06:08 PM »
oo another one stashed away   :)

Lazarou

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007, 07:19 PM »
Thick dropouts makes me think of an HAF.

thesku11s

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 12:02 AM »
Hey everybody,

the bike doesnt look anything like that.

I mightve got carried away in saying it was like a dirtbike.

Sorry if I got your hopes up ALEX I know your no1 S&M man.

The Chrome on it is tatty, and it might be something way different to a S&M,

I just thought it had a few similar elements.

Pics will arrive shortly, so we will see.....

Lazarou

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 12:10 AM »
Does it look like this?.......

thesku11s

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 12:15 AM »
I just had a search about on bmxmuseum for s&m frames and found it!

I came back here now to "break the anticipation" 
but I find another sad person who is glued to a childrens bike forum at midnight has already posted a pic!!! :D

It is indeed one of those, a S&M H.A.F

swapsies for a challenger if anyones interested?

pics tommorow!

Lazarou

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2007, 12:18 AM »
HEY!.......................you've got a point........... :-[

SaMAlex

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2007, 01:16 PM »
BUGGER! I was really hopin it was a platformed dirtbike!!!! Is it in good condition? What are the stickers like on it? Also, what are the forks like? Pitchforks you say?

Laz, that HAF you just posted looks just like one Ive got ..... no, JUST like it! ha ha.

thesku11s

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2007, 02:27 AM »
Here you are chaps, a little late I know. And they are poorly lit grainy ones too!

Like I said, the chrome is tatty, but its pretty solid and working minus the cranks which being one piece , are obviously bent!

It also has nice bits like the sealed BB and nice hardcore homer equipped wheels!

And a TNT quill stem.

I did in fact get this from another car boot & just collected it off a friend who I left it with.

I really cant be sure where it came from, if it turns out to be someones old bike here which got pinched id feel a right twat though!

SaMAlex

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2007, 08:51 AM »
Thats nice, not bad at all. The G-sport Hubs are well liked by lots of people so thats a nice wheelset. TNT stems are always good. The ditchforks are the second version with the full boss for the peg to sit on (rather than just a hole drilled in the forks). You have even got the headtube sticker still on it. Thats the earlier sticker decal, real shame you dont still have the downtube sticker on it.

Can you let me have the frame number, and also tell me if the end of the top tube has got a shield stampon it (behind the seat tube).

thesku11s

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2007, 10:28 PM »
Yeah ive been after a wheelset like this for a while, thought homer wheels looked awesome, really clever and really strong.

paid over the odds for a trashed rear wheel similar to these a while ago, which ive never had running because I never found the bolts!

So well chuffed at this mint pair!

Theres only really fragments of stickers left on the bike, the head one is just half there!

I dont think theres a shield stamp on the bike as i had a good look when I was trying to figure out what it was!

But ill double check tomorow.

- Im sure you mentioned in another thread that you just got a H.A.F,     do you really want another? or are you just keen on doing some sleuthing?

SaMAlex

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2007, 10:35 PM »

- Im sure you mentioned in another thread that you just got a H.A.F,     do you really want another? or are you just keen on doing some sleuthing?

im not interested in having the frame, I already have 3 (2 maybe up for sale soon). Im just trying to make a log of 1" S&M frame numbers along with some details of the frame. The only change to the HAF over its life was they added the stamp to the top tube later on cos people started making close copies (from the far east). If the headtube sticker was what came on your frame, it is one of the early ones and probably didnt have a stamp. The frame number will confirm what it is, it should say SMF???? (the 's being numbers).

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Did S&M ever make a bike with a freestyle platform?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx