gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 10:27 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  simplex mag repair? is it possible????
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: simplex mag repair? is it possible????  (Read 1155 times)

turky642003

simplex mag repair? is it possible????
« on: August 31, 2007, 04:48 PM »
 :'(  i cracked my rim!!!   i went out for a ride on the burner and managed to crack the rear wheel  by hitting a curb,   tryed to bunny the curb but wasnt moving fast enough!!! :idiot2:    its a small crack in the edge (the brake part of the rim) and the piece has not come away although it is flexing and i think the tyre was trying to push the plastic out so i deflated it,   anyone know if its possible to melt or glue this back in some way??    and is there a good tecnique??

cheers guys any help greatly apprieciated.  :-[

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: simplex mag repair? is it possible????
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 04:50 PM »
I wouldn't if i were you......you'd be making an already crap wheel even worse!  afraid the wheel needs binning mate!  get some proper plastic wheels and buy some tuffs..............while you're at it get a proper BMX and ditch the Burner!  ;)

:LolLolLolLol:

turky642003

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 05:08 PM »
 ??? thats a lil bit elitist,   wot kinda money you spend tho?   mine cost me £30 and its all original and most of all its what i love, retro,   i dont want to change it i want it original.  right down to the simplex mags.  i had one of these when i was younger, and i sold it stupidly for about a £5,   so now im makin a point to keep it.   i do have otherbikes too,   loads of random stuff like old kona mb's and huffys haros chrome burners stylers minimags, a pirrahna with its original magnesium alloy mags,   and a diamondback formula one,  i just love the real retro stuff that normal people had access to  ,  not stuff that cost loads back then and only rich brats could get. :daumenhoch:

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 05:20 PM »
i just love the real retro stuff that normal people had access to  ,  not stuff that cost loads back then and only rich brats could get.

well said  ;)
dave the bmxing gypo

bof

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 07:14 PM »
try brazing it . it wont work but fook me it would be funny to watch. :LolLolLolLol:

theRuler

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 07:18 PM »
look out for another simplex, but in the meantime, try some glue!
maybe araldite?

if it doesn't work, well at least you have tried.

rob

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 07:19 PM »
i have a rear skyway that had the same problem but it was aroldited by the previous owner and its been fine for me on a daily rider (burner) for the past few months

turky642003

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007, 08:31 PM »
ok kool cheers for that guys ill try the araldite and see wot happens,   does it look shit tho?    dont want a big glob of glue on it.  althought anyhting is better than a crack. :)

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2007, 09:06 PM »
do the repair on the inside of the rim
then sand to shape

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  simplex mag repair? is it possible????

gfxgfx
gfx gfx