gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 12:27 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  1 inch se Fork fitment
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 1 inch se Fork fitment  (Read 867 times)

MizuToda

1 inch se Fork fitment
« on: August 31, 2007, 12:28 AM »
Hmmmm.. ::)
I have some threadless 1 inch & a bit se landing gear forks & am stuck on what to buy for them..
Being an old skool goose fan i am lost  :-\ when it comes to this newer fitment as the goose type had the pole on the end of the stem that locked in place at the base of stem arm...
What type of headsets & stems fit these se forks..
Just in case It helps i have a 1990 ish pk ripper frame which is close to 35mm on the inner diameter at the fork pole..
Any brands or pics would be cool/helpful.
 :) :)

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: 1 inch se Fork fitment
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 06:26 AM »
You have 1&1/8th threadless Landing Gear and with a bit of juggling using two headsets should be able to fit them to your Ripper, I am sure someone has done the threadless forks to 1" frame conversion before on here

:) DINGO :)

Offline Del

• Look Back
  • Re-living my youth!
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 08:42 AM »
I'm sure Dan Harris has done the old 1 1/8" to 1" headtube thing on more than a few occassions

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 09:25 AM »
Mizu mate, you have bought fom me a 1.1/8" headytube 90's pk ripper frame, and a 1.1/8" ahead threadless pair of Se forks, so all you need to do is use the aheadset and stem that I gave you to connect it all toegether, A bike shop can do it for you in a matter of minutes. Easy as pie!

SaMAlex

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 11:41 AM »
A bike shop can do it for you in a matter of minutes. Easy as pie!

Bike shop .... or a big hammer!  :LolLolLolLol:

On an Ally frame it should be a doddle to get the cups in, its just the lower race on the forks that is always a pain.

MizuToda

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 05:26 PM »
 :D :D :D
HeHe ya got me wrong :LolLolLolLol:
I was just thinking about buying some different parts  instead of modify stuff..like whats avaliable brands of headsets & stems clamps..
Sorry looks like i set you guy's up the wrong path.. :idiot2: @ the keyboard.. :)
I bought some wicked graphites with campy hubs... :smitten:
http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=43234.0
So I was after some gold annodised or polished alloy parts to try..just to see how it looked against the f/f colours i have & the new rims.. ;)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 05:45 PM by MizuToda »

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 08:50 PM »
A bike shop can do it for you in a matter of minutes. Easy as pie!

Bike shop .... or a big hammer!  :LolLolLolLol:

On an Ally frame it should be a doddle to get the cups in, its just the lower race on the forks that is always a pain.

Butcher  >:(

heres how it SHOULD be done:-

:) DINGO :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  1 inch se Fork fitment

gfxgfx
gfx gfx