gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975757 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 26, 2024, 11:55 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  BRITTS====BIT OF A LET DOWN
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: BRITTS====BIT OF A LET DOWN  (Read 5670 times)

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: BRITTS====BIT OF A LET DOWN
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2007, 08:06 AM »
not going to get to involved in this debate because it's not my thing,   but,

and a big but,  mountain bike at a bmx race,  that's where it would have stopped for me

and   yes it is the riders fault as well,   why bring a mountain bike to the brits in the first place :idiot2:

bmx is bmx and mtb is mtb  thats it,   can no one who runs these events say it like it is :)

last thing i would like to know is this guy who brought along his mtb to a bmx event,

what the fook was he thinking,   sorry guys but the racer and the organisers are to blame,

put RATTY in charge ;)

NAIL AND HEAD!

se bikes

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2007, 09:53 AM »
This was the British BMX Championships so why they let a Mountain bike in is beyond me.

Because the BCF have no backbone, that's why  ;)

SO TRUE :(

sonic-1

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2007, 10:23 AM »
 :LolLolLolLol: can i bring my xt350 to hersden then i take it no one will mind !!!!!!
just dont quite get the mtb against bmx s !!!!!! so all the bmx s are fixed with there gearing n mtb bloke can change his on the fly  :wtf: thats not right

SaMAlex

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2007, 10:34 AM »
I have entered 2 or 3 MTB races (in the early days of MTBs) on a BMX, but I didnt get very far. One was a 10 miler but I got a puncture trying to jump a stream in the first mile. The start was the best, I got a flying start. My front tuff was way out in the lead untill they all changed gear a few times and flew past me.

No help for this thread really, just a funny story.

workshyfop

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2007, 06:10 PM »
how unfair for someone with gears and front or possibly even rear suspension (theres a few full sus 4x mtb out there at moment) to be in a race against fully rigid single speeders. shame on that rider for even participating in that race.
if the mtb rider had any decency or sense of sportsmanship, he would have refused to participate in such an unfair race.
YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF if you read this, whoever you are. whichever cycling federation allowed this should know better. they're supposed to promote cycling, whatever style it may be. but lets keep it all on a fair and even playing field for all. next thing children and adults will all be racing in the same classes!!!! and beginners, novices and professionals all together in the same class as well. fairplay????? seems that thats for the losers. we may as well tell our children the way to win is to cheat and use underhand dirty tactics.
my heartfelt sympathy and upmost respect to the rest of you in the race who played by the rules. at least you can all hold your heads up high with pride and dignity. well done you chaps/chapesses.

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2007, 06:15 PM »
here here   ::)

zed4130

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2007, 06:32 PM »
who is he, i cant see a name mentioned ?  ???

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2007, 06:53 PM »
how unfair for someone with gears and front or possibly even rear suspension (theres a few full sus 4x mtb out there at moment) to be in a race against fully rigid single speeders. shame on that rider for even participating in that race.
if the mtb rider had any decency or sense of sportsmanship, he would have refused to participate in such an unfair race.
YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF if you read this, whoever you are. whichever cycling federation allowed this should know better. they're supposed to promote cycling, whatever style it may be. but lets keep it all on a fair and even playing field for all. next thing children and adults will all be racing in the same classes!!!! and beginners, novices and professionals all together in the same class as well. fairplay????? seems that thats for the losers. we may as well tell our children the way to win is to cheat and use underhand dirty tactics.
my heartfelt sympathy and upmost respect to the rest of you in the race who played by the rules. at least you can all hold your heads up high with pride and dignity. well done you chaps/chapesses.

I think that's a bit harsh. The rules are what allowed him to enter and he qualfied by being british Champion in 4X. It's not his fault he was simply abiding the rules, regardless of whether their fair or not is another matter and something that should be looked into.
Dave is apparently a really nice bloke and has so far taken a bit of a pounding over this when in truth it's not his fault but the rule makers.

Trev

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2007, 07:04 PM »
you can always find loopholes in rules but in the spirit of sportsmanship it is wrong... and i think that is where the issue lies...

if you found a loophole that meant you could ride an engine powered bike in a bmx race, what would you do?

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2007, 07:44 PM »
Fire the bugger up.  :LolLolLolLol:

Formula One teams spend millions exploiting loopholes so I say it goes.

If you don't like it change the rules.

jezza

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2007, 07:46 PM »
if you found a loophole that meant you could ride an engine powered bike in a bmx race, what would you do?
I'd need a fookin engine to keep up with you lot  :crazy2:

Trev

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2007, 07:56 PM »
Fire the bugger up.  :LolLolLolLol:

Formula One teams spend millions exploiting loopholes so I say it goes.

If you don't like it change the rules.

Formula One teams have millions of pounds to gain too.

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2007, 08:24 PM »
Keep a lookie outie for my next build  :D A two stroke 84 Cali  :daumenhoch:

Paul :Great_Britain:

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2007, 09:33 PM »
Anyone heard of the browning two speed? (gears) Proforks?(front suspension)  OM flyer? (26" wheels)
 these are all old /mid school bmx equipment but add them together and you have what Dave was riding, I think the main problem here arises from the apparent lack of qualifying (but apparently Dave got dispensation for missing Regionals because they clashed with 4x Nationals)

its the rules and the way they are interpreted that is at fault methinks?

:) DINGO :)
p.s remember this?

http://www.vintagebmx.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=026631#000000
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 09:41 PM by Dingobmxer »

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2007, 09:53 PM »
It sounds to me as though BMX governing bodies are as sh*t these days as they were in the 80's, good to see nothing changes.

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2007, 09:58 PM »
It sounds to me as though BMX governing bodies are as sh*t these days as they were in the 80's, good to see nothing changes.

probably worse now Sean as bitd BMX sanctioning bodies were BMX sanctioning bodies, BMX nowadays is run by British Cycling which is predominantly road and track people(all wearing very fetching blazers)

se bikes

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2007, 10:23 PM »
Anyone heard of the browning two speed? (gears) Proforks?(front suspension)  OM flyer? (26" wheels)
 these are all old /mid school bmx equipment but add them together and you have what Dave was riding, I think the main problem here arises from the apparent lack of qualifying (but apparently Dave got dispensation for missing Regionals because they clashed with 4x Nationals)

p.s remember this?

http://www.vintagebmx.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=026631#000000

fkin hell Dingo, opened that thread n me computer went bonkers n i had to crash it :LolLolLolLol:

Lopes is a knob, i believe it was him that was involved in the clips n disco slippers thing :knuppel2:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2007, 11:10 PM »

p.s remember this?

fkin hell Dingo, opened that thread n me computer went bonkers n i had to crash it :LolLolLolLol:

Lopes is a knob, i believe it was him that was involved in the clips n disco slippers thing :knuppel2:

He may well be a nob......but by fook he can arf ride a bike!!!

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2007, 11:13 PM »

p.s remember this?

The rot set in a long time before that one surfaced....

:wtf: were they thinking?  :LolLolLolLol:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

se bikes

« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2007, 11:28 PM »
plain wrong that is  >:(

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2007, 05:52 AM »

p.s remember this?

The rot set in a long time before that one surfaced....

:wtf: were they thinking?  :LolLolLolLol:

Marty I think the Browning system predates even that  :uglystupid2:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2007, 08:06 AM »

Marty I think the Browning system predates even that  :uglystupid2:

Yep, you are right but I couldn't find a picture of a bike with one on it  :LolLolLolLol:

What's interesting is if you read the sidebar about the advantage/disadvantage it gives however I think the performance of todays gear mechs is such that there is a definite and clear advantage to using them.  The bottom line is that if it's a bmx race then it MUST be a bmx bike used otherwise don't call it a BMX race and allow run what ya brung  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2007, 10:08 AM »
You know what I find is a crying shame about this, The Brits weekend was the best BMX event I have ever attended, 20 members of RAD raced at that meet, yet they only got a handfull of comments, then we have this topic that looks like it will run and run. Oh well thats the english nature I suppose, always look on the gloomy side of life :-[
A long time ago, in a land far away!

spillers#1

« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2007, 10:49 AM »
Well i'll kick it off talking about us who raced there.

It was brilliant doing moto's with the likes of schofield,jules,stockwell...even though they smoked us  :coolsmiley:

It was a pleasure meeting mike wong,what a nice bloke  :daumenhoch:

I was s-h-i-t-t-i-n-g myself lining up with nikki webb for our run off for the semi's and she flew out the gate.....cheers for the slip up niki you made me look good  :LolLolLolLol:

se bikes

« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2007, 12:30 PM »
Gotta say Lee, lining up for that run off i was well bricking it, wanted a semi place so bad, still gutted but was a quality race down the first straight til i fooked up and let ya win  ;) :LolLolLolLol:

The quality of racing at the Brits and lining up against the likes of Craig made my year :4_17_5:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  BRITTS====BIT OF A LET DOWN

gfxgfx
gfx gfx