gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975757 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 02:28 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  BRITTS====BIT OF A LET DOWN
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: BRITTS====BIT OF A LET DOWN  (Read 5677 times)

mightymini

Re: BRITTS====BIT OF A LET DOWN
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2007, 01:00 PM »
Fire the bugger up.  :LolLolLolLol:

Formula One teams spend millions exploiting loopholes so I say it goes.

If you don't like it change the rules.
like the 4x race at shef indoor. no cruisers no bmx

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2007, 02:09 PM »
It's things like this that make you want to throw a steak a some one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyJUxSH2RP8

'That's what I'm talking about!'

;D
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2007, 04:27 PM »
I beat Craig at the weekend and it now ranks as the highlight of my bmxing carear.

Mind you he's still got all the skills and the balls to match as he jumped almsot everything in sight. :daumenhoch:

Fingers crossed he makes a comeback.

oldmankev

« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2007, 06:13 PM »
Interesting this thread gets so much response on here, i never met
the guy in the motos or the semi so the main was our first race he
had 1st gate pick and went for 1 i had 2nd pick and went for lane 2
big mistake, did he change gear down the 1st straight i dont know
but he was quick and i dont think its been mentioned yet but he was
clipped in as well. I was gutted to fall and come in 8th after being
really up for it with two 1sts in my motos and winning my semi.

Caddy555

« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2007, 07:04 PM »
Hi Gents,
This thread is interesting BUT what ever is said 'Rules are made to be broken or bent' to suit the needs of the person/rider/driver who ever.

I have watched 40+ racing and competed even though I am totally crap at it but I enjoy even at the age of 53 being on the gate with who ever and having a go.

This year as the last 2/3 have been, have seen the standard of  competition in this age group go from strength to strength, Shaun Calvert, Jamie Spence, Tony Slater, Kev Ranscombe etc al all very competitive riders and exceptionally fit men, as well as being able to ride a bike.

The rules say you must do X amount of regionals to compete at the British Championships, a one off 'BMX' event.

So dispensation or not because of conflicting 4X race meetings, is that the decicated BMX communities fault?

I competed along with my son Simon for many years and it cost a small fortune in travelling expences, hotels, camp sites, food, etc etc so for the dedicated amongst you who have battled all year and suffered injuries along the way these rules need to be changed and made fair for all competitors.

In my opinion I would liked to have seen Dave on a cruiser battling with Tony in what we all class as a fair fight for the win.

I look forward to seeing ALL of you battling it out on a level playing field, No gripes, No niggles just plain good solid hard racing and may the best man win.

Now who do we see about a 50+ race category next year?

Who would be interested?

Thanks for letting me get this off my chest and if I bored you.SORRY!!!!

Cheers,

Caddy Senior.

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2007, 07:43 PM »
Now who do we see about a 50+ race category next year?

Who would be interested?

Paul you can be pretty certain that you and I are the only "over 50s" on here who still race (well, I trundle around occassionally) so it should be quite an elite class!!  What should we call the class then??  "Crusty Old F**ts" ??  More like "Geriatrics" !!  Humps

wolfybmx

« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2007, 09:11 PM »
hi guys

not been on here for a while as mostly been working very hard and competeing at the summer regional and national series and of coarse the brits.

well i raced next to the guy on the 4x bike in two of my 40+ cruiser moto's and my semi and all i can say is it seemed to me that there was an advantage out of the gate and down the firtst straight and as im not a slouch my self on a cruiseri did feel disadvantaged.

the only thing that bugs me is as every one seem to agree that the britts is a premier bmx meeting and not a 4x meeting so why could he not ride a cruiser.

did not make the final this year as crashed out in my semi battling for a 3rd spot  :'(

Moschops

« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2007, 10:29 PM »
Dispensasion is down to the region he rides for, if he had asked the East Aglia region for dispensasion we would have said "get on your gay springy bike" >:(

The blame lies squarley at the foot of whoever let him in ???

I quite enjoyed boooing him over the line :)

Lets hope the rule book is changed slightley, I don't want to diss all 4xers coz some of my club members ride em.

se bikes

« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2007, 10:52 PM »
BCF need to sort this out :knuppel2:

BMX is exactly that not fookin 4x mtb shit :rant:

workshyfop

« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2007, 12:12 AM »
everyone else in that race should hold their heads up high. all those who competed in a bmx race on a bmx. and Mr Ratty, you are indeed a very big man to stand up for the mtb'er at the beginning of this thread.
big respect to all you true sportmen/women (sportspersons????) . you're all my heroes, and great accomplishment by you all to have been in such a prestigious event. please give yourselves a big, hearty pat on the back on behalf of all of us out here in radland.  you should all be exceptionally proud of yourselves, Best regards, Neil.

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2007, 01:27 AM »
everyone else in that race should hold their heads up high. all those who competed in a bmx race on a bmx. and Mr Ratty, you are indeed a very big man to stand up for the mtb'er at the beginning of this thread.
big respect to all you true sportmen/women (sportspersons????) . you're all my heroes, and great accomplishment by you all to have been in such a prestigious event. please give yourselves a big, hearty pat on the back on behalf of all of us out here in radland.  you should all be exceptionally proud of yourselves, Best regards, Neil.
well said that man  :daumenhoch:

Caddy555

« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2007, 03:17 PM »
Gents,

Lets forget what has gone on now, it is'nt going to change the result.

Its down to ALL of you in 40+ to now train hard over the winter and improve to such a standard that you are the best and do it legally.

I don't think any of you guys would 'cheat' to win a race, fight fair and square, if a gap is left go for it.

The word cheat is a bit harsh, the rule book as everyone has said on this thread and the other one on BMX Talk needs to addressed ASAP.

Does anyone fancy challenging the BCF??????????????

Cheers again,

Paul.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2007, 08:00 PM »
The BCF seem to do a reasonable job, most of the time, the events I have attended that are officiated by them usually run very smoothly. I do feel that there are not enough BMX riders in the top team to call the shots. Any sport should be run by people who are passionate about the sport, not people who dont know a lot about the sport. The rules do need looking at and updating as a matter of urgency. But until that, as caddy said, its down to all of us to train hard and win the correct way....
A long time ago, in a land far away!

oldmankev

« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2007, 08:02 PM »
Thanks for the praise Paul, if you want to get a 50+ group going
talk to Roger "rollback" Wilbraham at BC headquarters, i spoke
to him at Burnham about having a 40+ age for 20" he said as
long as there is enough interest of definate riders who will sign
up they will be happy to run it good luck. Kev Ranscombe

wussy67

« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2007, 11:25 AM »
i"d be interested in the 20" 40+ defo, was considering masters next year even though i"d get my ass kicked but i prefer riding my 20" its more fun and sketchy :LolLolLolLol:

kamodo

« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2007, 01:44 PM »
Ok, somebody let this bloke in the race Zippy......bit didnt he feel a bit shady not being on a single speed rigid  bike ? I hope some week ass MTB mag does not belittle BMX over this bloke winning a premier BMX event at his first go.

I entered a downhill race at Penhurst in Kent, back in the very early days of racing there, I rode my Proclass  cruiser.Rode with a hangover, set the quickest time and thrashed some arrogant twats who went on to be so called MTB hotshots....."sorry mate your not on an MTB  your time dont count"   :wtf:make him defend his title next year on a cruiser and on flats !

You still got my box of goodies Wolfy ?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  BRITTS====BIT OF A LET DOWN

gfxgfx
gfx gfx