gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 01:32 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Which shops do you KNOW have mid school stuff
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Which shops do you KNOW have mid school stuff  (Read 1844 times)

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Which shops do you KNOW have mid school stuff
« on: August 24, 2007, 09:43 PM »
Theres still a few shops and places where nos mid school stuff is lurking -
lets share the knowledge.
Obviously Shiners still have loads of mid Haro stuff and perhaps Robinso stuff. theyve sold out of al Auburn tho.
As for shops, Cyclesport have somemid school Standard Copy shorty and lengthy frame, they also have an S&M Sabbath [first one I thnk], they also have some early Heavy Tools frames, and a LOAD of 1" aheadsets and 1" clamp on forks and stems. They also have a GT Pro Freestyle Tour frame and forks from early 90's, and also some Dyno Slammer frames and forks too. And thats just what I know of, im sure they have more...
Green Machine in Devon have a bundle of old Bully BigBlock and Hotrod frames and forks, and a bunch of number plates I think...
and that sall I know of at the mo.
Over to you guys!

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Which shops do you KNOW have mid school stuff
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 09:48 PM »
I heard that Winstanleys have few bits and pieces, if you can stand to deal with them  :(
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 09:49 PM »
custom riders and billys have small amounts of bits n bobs
cyclesports also have mini frames robinsons and another i forget
they had 4 original shortys until today  
and i got a nos black peregrine hp tyre from greenmachine this week  cool

so yes an assortment to be found

darkersomeday

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 09:53 PM »
j.e james in sheffield have a fair stock of mid-school primo stuff,

last time i was in they had 2 old powerlite framesets and a set of GT show (primo type) cranks,

they used to have about 25/30 white gt logo tyres(skinwall!) but some cat bagged the lot in one pop!

fosters cycles have a bunch of tioga factory MX still in stock from the 90's going cheap :daumenhoch:

billy's can be great for mid stuff too :daumenhoch:

Offline gary4130

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 01:21 PM »
Theres still a few shops and places where nos mid school stuff is lurking -
lets share the knowledge.
Obviously Shiners still have loads of mid Haro stuff and perhaps Robinso stuff. theyve sold out of al Auburn tho.
As for shops, Cyclesport have somemid school Standard Copy shorty and lengthy frame, they also have an S&M Sabbath [first one I thnk], they also have some early Heavy Tools frames, and a LOAD of 1" aheadsets and 1" clamp on forks and stems. They also have a GT Pro Freestyle Tour frame and forks from early 90's, and also some Dyno Slammer frames and forks too. And thats just what I know of, im sure they have more...
Green Machine in Devon have a bundle of old Bully BigBlock and Hotrod frames and forks, and a bunch of number plates I think...
and that sall I know of at the mo.
Over to you guys!

don't suppose you know which 1" threadless forks the've gon't in and how much they are ? have looked on website but couldn't find anything.do i need to phone and speak to anybody in particular?

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 04:43 PM »
Do you know of any shops with Primo skinwalls in stock?
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 04:58 PM »
only state side ,not alot of hope over in the uk

Offline Wayne Ryder

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2007, 10:34 AM »

don't suppose you know which 1" threadless forks the've gon't in and how much they are ? have looked on website but couldn't find anything.do i need to phone and speak to anybody in particular?

I think this was Custom Riders, but it may have been CycleSport, and it'd be around 2002-3:
I remember being put through to a guy in the warehouse when I was struggling to get my 1" forks into a 1-1/8" frame. I ended up getting adaptor cups, it was the search for those that led to the warehouse. We chatted about the problem, at some point I said that unless I upgraded the whole front end it'd be tough to get Hoffman stems in 1" if I ever needed one; he said not, as they'd got a box full of them. Presumably they have the forks, too.

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2007, 11:29 AM »
Cyclepsort have 1" Ultimate Hardware forks [theyre own brand that they used to do] in black, very nice ofrks actually, I just got a pair. They also have some mid school 1" ahead Haro forks, and load of old prolite 90's forks 1" ahead with brake mounts and peg bosses.

Offline Wayne Ryder

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2007, 12:12 AM »
...and load of old prolite 90's forks 1" ahead with brake mounts and peg bosses.

Which were EXACTLY the forks I was trying to fit onto my Schwinn Miron frame. They lasted ages and the chrome was pretty good, just wish the mounts on mine had been for 990s instead of cantis.

muttley

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2007, 11:49 AM »
I'm after some 97/98 Hoffman skidmark tyres  ;)

nic968

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2007, 01:37 PM »
Do you know of any shops with Primo skinwalls in stock?
Win Stanleys..They still had a few dirt monsters in 1.75 skinwall recently...Check that they're in stock though before..

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Which shops do you KNOW have mid school stuff

gfxgfx
gfx gfx