gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 08:17 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  My Dirtbike, Holmes, and Widowmaker
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: My Dirtbike, Holmes, and Widowmaker  (Read 1393 times)

RyanPartridge

My Dirtbike, Holmes, and Widowmaker
« on: November 03, 2007, 09:09 PM »
Hey fellas. I figured I'd post some photos of my bikes over here, even though some of you might have seen them on other sites...

The first one is my 94 Dirtbike. I got this bike from Chris Moeller when I was a kid. I rode the hell out of this bike growing up. At one point I sold it on ebay, and years later I found it and bought it back. I even found an original sticker set which I thought would never happen. It was originally set up with Slams, red 1st gen Prince Alberts, GT sprocket, platform pedals. I just slapped this together yesterday using the wheels, bars, cranks and sprocket from that 2hip I found the other day.

This is my Holmes when it was built up last year. The seat and tires aren't really correct for the era but I didn't care at the time. I just wanted to ride it. The brakes are new as well(Revenge).

Here's my Widowmaker. This is by far my favorite bike. I've heard that some of the first batch Widowmakers had issues with the rear end not being aligned but I lucked out with this one. Moeller told me he doesn't think they made more than 100 of these frames. I have chrome Pitbulls for it, and maybe someday I'll get around to buying a cable and Tech77 but it's fun to ride anyways. Kinda wish I had a 39t or 40t Flight sprocket.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 09:17 PM by RyanPartridge »

Lazarou

Re: My Dirtbike, Holmes, and Widowmaker
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 09:41 PM »
All lovely bikes, but the Widowmaker is definately my favourite!

dialledbikes

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 09:43 PM »
Really nice.

I'll get some pics of my Challenger up soon (first race on it tomorrow).

I also just picked up a Widow Maker and seeing that pic of yours makes me want to build it up sooner than I planned.  OK, so where am I gonna get some Widow Maker stickers from?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 09:50 PM by dialledbikes »

RyanPartridge

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 09:50 PM »
I also just picked up a Widow Maker and seeing that pic of yours makes me want to build it up sooner than I planned.

You must have scored Matt's off ebay? I can't wait to see it built. I love the Widows but you don't see them often.

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 09:51 PM »
i like them,do you ride em as they are or just stashed away.
i am 99% of the way to finishing my holmes and dirtybike .

dialledbikes

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 09:53 PM »
Yeah, the Widow Makers look nice.  I wasn't into cruisers when they first came out, but now I'm old I like them.

Would love a first generation Challenger cruiser too to match my 20".

SaMAlex

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 10:13 PM »
Those 3 bikes are great. 1st 2nd and 3rd ... in any order!

I had pictures of your widowmaker saved ages ago and I used to look at them all the time.

darkersomeday

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2007, 10:28 PM »
superbad
superslick
superfly

:daumenhoch:

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2007, 11:17 PM »
Dirtbike for me...  great :daumenhoch:
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

RyanPartridge

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 03:27 AM »
i like them,do you ride em as they are or just stashed away.

Well, I don't ride the Dirtbike because it's much too small for me now, I just threw it together half-assed yesterday as I was taking the parts off the Big Boy. The Dirtbike frame hangs in the garage.

The Holmes hasn't been built up since last year. I sold most all the parts off of it. Tonight I actually started taking those wheels and cranks off the Dirtbike to use on the Holmes. I gotta find some uncut chrome Slams for it.

The Widow is my main ride. I also have a newschool bike to thrash on. But I'm looking forward to riding the Holmes again, this time without mags. Those wheels sucked. Way too much flex.

scooterboy

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2007, 05:38 PM »
Widowmaker is a peach, would love to build one myself  :daumenhoch:

Scoot

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2007, 06:44 PM »
love that cruiser  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  My Dirtbike, Holmes, and Widowmaker

gfxgfx
gfx gfx