gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 08:20 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  sit down i want to tell you all a story
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: sit down i want to tell you all a story  (Read 1003 times)

mike pardon

sit down i want to tell you all a story
« on: November 14, 2005, 11:43 AM »
Okay this is a picture of the Redditch national from 83.. I was racing for Wizzard racing aka Alan Woods team. I won this event (one of the few i did) but it was funny because the rear tyre i was using was from my sisters shopping bike!!! It was a whitewall slick. Now for all you young uns this was the days before slicks where made bmxs just had knobblies. well i kept looking at that tyre on my sisters bike at home and thinking. Would it work?? It fitted perfect because it was a 20 inch rim. So i stuck it on and ran it at REDDITCH in the race.
It created a fair commotion in the paddock with Official bmx even taking pictures of the revolutionary new tyre!!! I wish i had the copy of the mag because they ran a picture of the tyre in it.. Little did they know..
TRUE STORY only the names have been changed to protect the innocent
Oh yes check out the old school names in the background.. Mike Chilvers and the skate legend Steve Gratton.anyone remember them?

[attachment deleted by admin]

kamodo

Re: sit down i want to tell you all a story
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 07:09 PM »
Was Steve Gratton the one with the big hair?

Much better avatar Mike......

daz bmx it!

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 07:28 PM »
I did something similar at Newton Abbott bitd,only I took a pair of skinny wheels and tyres off a shopper or summat,was still crap tho,kept gettin blitzed by Nicky 'the man made mountain' Dalton! Feck he was big for a 13 year old? ???

Offline Tefore

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 08:08 PM »
classic picture.
good old redditch keep em coming

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  sit down i want to tell you all a story

gfxgfx
gfx gfx