gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 09:37 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Bestwicks Dew tour ride
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Bestwicks Dew tour ride  (Read 931 times)

muttley

Bestwicks Dew tour ride
« on: August 19, 2007, 07:13 PM »
Caught the vert on the second round last night and OH MY WORD!! Killa looking Failure It looka soooo fookin RAD! All the neon green Oddy parts and the frame colour matched  8)

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Re: Bestwicks Dew tour ride
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 10:11 PM »
yeah saw it last night - his bike was bit bright  :LolLolLolLol:

WizardWeb

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 11:48 PM »
I was watching the Dew tour BMX park on Eurosport tonight and it was horrible ! The action was fantastic but the scoring was dodgy. Even worse though was the commentary ! They got some english bloke who did a good Alan Partridge and got the names of the tricks wrong. That really spoilt it for me.

In some ways it was comical, for instance, he kept referring to 720's when Mike Spinner was doing 900's and when Spinner did a 1080, the guy announced it as the first 900 in Dew tour !  :idiot2:

540 tailwhips were 720's and he counted the revolutions of the bike: 2 spins and a whip is apparently a 900....  >:(

They should use the US feed. Much better. That way I wouldn't have to watch it again with the sound off !  :LolLolLolLol:

Anyone else see it?

Trev

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 12:38 AM »
it wasn't andy ruffell commentating was it?
i'm sure he was a nice enough bloke, but knew fook all about freestyle tricks.

my personal favourite was andy ruffell calling a side glide a "one footed front wheel sideways peg wheelie"... just say what you see.....

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 12:47 AM »
 :) BITD our school had some of the Faze 7 riders down for a demo,which was great,until our Yoda-esque headmistress said it was lots of fun seeing the riders "doing twirlies".

PS Is Bestwick`s frame sponsor Failure,or is he just riding whatever he is flowed???

Offline egg

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 02:02 AM »
he doesn't have a frame sponsor,sure it's a failure? thought he was riding a mutiny.

muttley

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 08:32 AM »
Your right about the commentary, he did the whole of Tabrons run calling him Bestwick  ::)

Bestick is either on Failure or just getting flows : http://www.failurebikes.com/news/20070624011933.html?PHPSESSID=0735fce827e77d32d2f88c4802163bf5

http://www.astdewtour.com/modules.php?name=Athletes&mv=ShowAthlete&AthleteID=44&subnav=Athletes&SportID=3

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2007, 09:38 AM »
Is this the same bike he rode in this years X-Games as that was one bright bike.

WizardWeb

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2007, 10:48 PM »
Yep same bike I think.

I remembered another hing that commentator said. I forget who it was, (probably Dhers) he did a 720 that looked a bit dfferent as he threw in an x-up to lookdown. The bloke "said he obviously had trouble getting the bike all the way round..."  ::)

Muppet. He probably knows loads about footie but nothing of the two-wheeled arts....   ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Bestwicks Dew tour ride

gfxgfx
gfx gfx