gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 11:12 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  CAV STRUTT the ruler?????? anyone remember him
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: CAV STRUTT the ruler?????? anyone remember him  (Read 4252 times)

mike pardon

CAV STRUTT the ruler?????? anyone remember him
« on: November 14, 2005, 11:57 AM »
Okay iam gonna take you back way back!! Do you remember Cav Strutt, that guy was my hero. I saw him ride at Belle Vue and he did a 360 off this jump and i just died.. I had never seen anyone so rad ever.. He had the whole pro tec look before ruffel with mouthguard on see the top picture. I used to look at this advert in Official bmx and dream of how good he would be then i saw him and i was dumbstruck.. What a rider  what  a name  CAV STRUTT what else could you do with a nme like that but be radical???
A true bmx hero... Cav whereever you are i salute you !!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 02:18 PM by team gullet levers »

Ramp Rat

Re: CAV STRUTT the ruler?????? anyone remember him
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 05:59 PM »
Pike, don't remember him, but love the name...well mean sounding  >:( jusyt like his face guard.

bmx-796

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 06:03 PM »
he was a walthamstow boy boy he could jump

bmx-796

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 06:19 PM »
i think the photo of cav was took at the high mill track

mike pardon

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 06:57 PM »
CaV strutt was ruler lads he rode for mongoose i think and was the first person i saw that ever did and aerial 360 on a jump ramp awesome

theRuler

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 07:00 PM »
there can only be one ruler

ok, two then.

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 07:08 PM »
Cav Strut and Steve Gratton are two of the earliest names that I can remember from the early days of BMX. I used to have all of the early mags as I lived for bmx back then. I wrote to every bike manufactor that had any bmx products on their lists for leaflets ect so that I could put them in my bmx file.
I even had a letter published in one of the early Official BMX mags  :D
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

gudge

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2005, 07:25 PM »
Cav Strutt!
I was reading some old obmx mags the other day and cav strutt was definatly the man of the moment back then, did all the tests got all the pictures but seemed to disapear of the face of the earth along with Ace Bmx by '82. All the rest of the Walthamstow crowd went on to big things with Mongoose. If i knew how to post pictures on this site  i'd show you the Strutt in action, and Billy's letter that i've just found!

The-flying-banana

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2005, 07:29 PM »
Man im gonna call my second born if it ever happens :-\ cav strutt thats a wellard name 8) almost as cool as pike mardon these must be irish gypsy names surley ;)

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2005, 07:34 PM »
I was small for my age grudge, thats what that letters all about, and I thought the reply from Offical BMX was a bit patronising, boxers seem to get on ok with that idea  ;D

bmx-796

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2005, 07:44 PM »
cav is a courier now i think and pete middleton runs a nightculb in southend

mike pardon

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2005, 09:22 PM »
Cav Strut and Steve Gratton are two of the earliest names that I can remember from the early days of BMX. I used to have all of the early mags as I lived for bmx back then. I wrote to every bike manufactor that had any bmx products on their lists for leaflets ect so that I could put them in my bmx file.
I even had a letter published in one of the early Official BMX mags  :D
Go Billy you are the man... I remember Steve Gratton said to me one day at a very early race something like" oH that as bitchin"  (i guess people used to use those words!)! I thought i had been blessed by the pope i was so stoked...

Ramp Rat

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2005, 11:08 PM »
 i remember ace bmx well, cav strutt, but i remember nicki mathews well, i remember seeing him at earls court underground doing back hops right on the edge of the platform, that was when back hops were the state of the art.
they had an indoor track inside earls court, and everyone was wearing shopping bike tires and spraying hair spray on them.
 the good old days...
tony mac.........

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2005, 11:19 PM »
I think Earls Court was one of the first times that me and Chris Young rode as a team together, we started off by working for Sue and Malcombe Jarvis, although to be honest I think they just wanted the use of the skyliners quarter pipe as it was one of the few of the time, but moved on to the O.T`s stall when he offered us money per wheel that we laced up.
We then raced together in the side hack class  :o

Ramp Rat

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2005, 05:43 AM »
Oi Tony, get your own user name and password and stop ponsing off of mine  >:(

mike pardon

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2005, 09:42 AM »
Earls court yes i raced there Billy. I had changed sponsors from Alans bmx to riding a mongoose for a local dealer. It was a big deal then cos i had the number 2 plate. Alans Mum came up to me and proceeded to strangle me (just like the bart simpson homer thing). " you dont leave Alans team"  Why you little!!!
We all laugh now..Says rubbing his throat.
Malcolm Jarvis classic what a hairstyle? I stayed at his house with some teammates from Alans once. I think i had a crush on his wife. We raced Buckmore park ?.
Speaking of Cav, he did just seem to vanish from the scene makes him even more a legend in my book

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2005, 09:36 PM »
I think there were quite a lot of riders that had a crush on Sue Jarvis Mike, and her on some riders  ;)

andy irwin

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2005, 09:40 PM »
yeah pike you have found a blast from the past there , he was a early hero for most of us our age but vanished from the bmx world without trace. I used to have a pic on the old wall of cav and a few of jeff watson (pre Fiola) days. i had a mate who had your pic and always asked if I could get you to sign it ,you hero.

mike pardon

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2005, 09:54 AM »
yeah pike you have found a blast from the past there , he was a early hero for most of us our age but vanished from the bmx world without trace. I used to have a pic on the old wall of cav and a few of jeff watson (pre Fiola) days. i had a mate who had your pic and always asked if I could get you to sign it ,you hero.

Hiya Andy, hows it going mate? Yes was flicking through the old mags and looking at pics of you doing forward flips. Coolio. mate. I pissed myself when i read that interview you and Jenkins did for freestlye you give me and Andy (a right seeing to).
Its hilarous. The higginsons where trying to make it like the sunday sport i think. Got to admit mate i didnt gel with Jenkins a really good rider but when he MUM came up to me one day and said "our Terrys going to beat you" i thought ah fxcx off!!!! What a joke...my folks gave me a few quid from being 15 when i started to ride bmx and said see ya later but they never got involved like that. If my mother (god forbid) had ever done that to anther rider i would have killed her.. Parents eh who needs em.??.
You where mad though. I remember you thrashed yourself trying to do opposite airs on a quarter pipe. That was gnarly back them we didnt even think of that stuff.  Anyway take care mate you have my email keep in touch.. Pikester...

mike pardon

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2005, 09:56 AM »
I think there were quite a lot of riders that had a crush on Sue Jarvis Mike, and her on some riders  ;)

Oh Billy my loins are on fire thinking of her, mmmmmmmmmm Sue Jarvis. So she liked a bit of young tender meat eh!! very interesting..

theRuler

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2005, 10:05 AM »
post a pic!!!

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2005, 10:59 AM »
Mike. ha ha thats funny. Jenkins' Mum verbally beats up Mike Pardon... ha ha
"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

mike pardon

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2005, 10:59 AM »
Mike. ha ha thats funny. Jenkins' Mum verbally beats up Mike Pardon... ha ha
Dude i was affected she wanted her son to beat me so bad.....Why that little

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2005, 11:34 AM »
I remember some mates had a band when we were about 18. The guitarists mother used to come to his pub gigs and help him put away his gear in front of all the punters...  Oh how sorry I felt for him. Everyone was laughing....What an embarrasment
"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

darkslider

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2005, 04:30 PM »
He was exceptional was all over the UK mags and we loved his name as BMXlets. Is it true his middle names were Alier SRI. :-\

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  CAV STRUTT the ruler?????? anyone remember him

gfxgfx
gfx gfx