gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 11:31 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Skyway T/A 25th Anniversary frame and forks
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Skyway T/A 25th Anniversary frame and forks  (Read 575 times)

highrisedrifter

Skyway T/A 25th Anniversary frame and forks
« on: August 16, 2007, 06:05 PM »
It seems to have gone rather quiet on the Ed Ferri front regarding the retro 25th anniversary T/A f&f...

I've scoured the other sites for information and sent a few emails and PMs to Ed but have not had a reply yet.

Anyone have any more info?

HRD

ColoredTuffs.com

Re: Skyway T/A 25th Anniversary frame and forks
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 11:04 PM »
Hey guys!
 Things have been crazy busy here.  Early mornings and late nights!  Being a one man operation is taking ALL of my time now..... but I love my job, so that's the way it is....

OK.... we finally had a slight breakthrough with the Original Skyway T/A frame and fork project.  I've been put on hold the last 6 months due to Skyway's overwhelming busy production timelines, so I've been just waiting to get word on who they have found to weld these puppies up.

Well, they still have not figured things out, mainly due to the fact that they are making so much non-BMX stuff, and their work day just doesn't have enough time..... so, the "ball" has been placed back in my end of the court!

I got Skyway's blessing to have the tubing sent to my first choice in welder's- Mr Greg Esser, here in good 'ol Florida, USA.  In the 70's, Greg's family founded the NBL (National Bicycle League) and brought BMX here to the East Coast of the USA.  Greg's dad started MCS Bicycles, and Greg was one of MCS's main welder's for decades.  Greg also was one of Skyway's earliest factory riders, and is considered to be one the East Coast's best racers back in the day, earning the very first NBL Number One Pro title.

Greg was inducted into the ABA Hall Of Fame recently, and I'm honored to call him a friend.

Greg recently suffered a heart attack a few weeks ago, and is recovering VERY well after having a triple bypass surgery.  He's eager to get back into the shop and start building things again!

We talked today about having him weld 150 skyway T/a framesets, and he's very interested in doing it.  If anybody can do an absolutely beautiful job making a classic BMX frame and forkset, it's Greg Esser!

A tubing set, and a completed TA frameset (to make a new jig from) is on the way to him so he can look at it and see if he wants to take on the job.

I've got a good feeling that this will work out just fine!

Once we've finished this, we'll start working on the Retro's.  But this project needs to be first on the list!

That's the very latest......!

Cheers!

-Ed Ferri

highrisedrifter

Re: Skyway T/A 25th Anniversary frame and forks
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 07:43 AM »
Great news Ed. Thanks for the PM and the reply to this thread. Much appreciated.  :daumenhoch:

Thanks

HRD

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Skyway T/A 25th Anniversary frame and forks

gfxgfx
gfx gfx