gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 30, 2024, 07:19 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Charlton lastnite!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Charlton lastnite!  (Read 1425 times)

Sean 2000

Charlton lastnite!
« on: August 16, 2007, 06:06 PM »
Well, another top nite of riding, banter and general radness....i love the place  :smitten:

Highlites being: Fish's barspin over the spine, Cleggy's canadian over the spine and high airs all nite, Scott's 360 tyre taps on the volcano, Billy BMX going BIG on airs and the spine, my back wheel spinning freely (cheers Cleggy  :daumenhoch:), having a good chat with the Stupps and seeing Joe ride. Trev pulling feebles for fun and fakie footplants.........and i'm the ringer???? Oh, and i nailed smith stalls.........in an hour.  ;)

Thanks to everybody for making it another good session

Sean. :daumenhoch:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: Charlton lastnite!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 06:08 PM »
ringer   :LolLolLolLol:
im back in practice soon so i will join right in    ;)

billy-bmx

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 06:46 PM »
it was rreal good i had soo much fun
and seeing couler coded trev doing perfect feebles and the fakie foot plant and the ringer doing smiths like hes had them since hes been riding
thanks for letting me come rob

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 08:24 PM »
was a busy but kool night,  felt a bit of an out cast at the end,  i was so fooked from working late for the last

couple of weeks and it caught up with me last night :(  was gonna take loads of pics but sat at the back

in the end :-[    anyway top riding from everyone and i mean that,  some kool tricks going on

and sean,    there's something not quite right about your story that you've been back riding a short while ;D ;D

the truth will come out >:D
For powder coating drop me a pm

SaMAlex

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 08:41 PM »
Id love to come and ride that place again with you guys. I'll have to talk nice to Rob and see if I can make it over.

It would be great to ride with Sean2000 again. We used to ride my local spine ramp loads last year and the year before, he was real good!
(only joking sean!)

Sean 2000

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 08:59 PM »
Dan,

wot ya see is wot ya get with me mate, there is NO b0ll0x honest!  ::)

I rode from 82 to 88ish, then a brief encounter with a mongoose decade in 89. Followed by a full blooded comeback from 92-93 riding Leigh-on-sea skatepark (rampage). This is where i gained some good experience thats bearing fruit now. I was doing the spines then, even pulling the odd 360 on a small spine (but slamming most), nosepicks, cant remember doing tyre taps which is probably why i struggled with them for a while! Was also getting about 5/6ft out of a 8ft midi halfpipe, was starting to get hands and feet off whilst airing aswell.

I do trully wish there was a "story" to come out mate, but nothing as glamorous or exciting im afraid  ;D

Apart from my mate Bill, who i posted the pics of getting a good 1 handed 7ft in the performance, i was probably the best rider in our little crew.
To qoute Paul Superfly "you can always spot a progressive rider, and ya can't really hide it" his words, not mine!

I'm happy to let this myth continue though, it ads a bit of banter to a wednesday evening.........if the truth be known, i quite like it! :LolLolLolLol:

the "R"  ;)

Nice one Alex, i told you to keep shtum mate  ::) Ya just cant get the staff......

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 10:27 PM »
sean  the myth will continue for now ;)  you said tyre taps and thats one of the tricks

that caught my eye last night,   you do em better then the kids do :coolsmiley:

still think there's more to sean :yahoo_silent:

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 10:45 PM »

Love to see you there Dan   :)

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2007, 10:53 PM »

Love to see you there Dan   :)

rob   ;D  nice little add on there,  like the racing, when i see you old gits ride my heart pumps and just

wants to jump on a bike and pop the spine and say     look that's how you do it ;D :daumenhoch:

but my head tells me,  hospital, recovery, pain and no wages ???

so sean you rode for mongoose in 89 :coolsmiley:  new it :daumenhoch:

Sean 2000

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2007, 11:13 PM »
Ssssshhhhh Dan, dont spill the beans. :LolLolLolLol:

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2007, 11:17 PM »
Ssssshhhhh Dan, dont spill the beans. :LolLolLolLol:

;D  like that one sean ;)  no all jokes aside, billy and the boys have told me about you

and your pretty good mate,  loads of style and it's like you've rode for years :idiot2:

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2007, 11:35 PM »
Dan,  he HAS ridden for years.......

Don't get drawn into his web of lies and deceit    :police:     :2funny:

Sean 2000

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2007, 11:48 PM »
I cant give you a reasonable explanation mate.

Ive been pretty much the same throughout my life, if i enjoy something im totally focused and 110% passionate about it. However the downside is, trying to focus on things that i couldnt give a rats arse about in life but need doing anyway! Thats where i struggle.

Its funny aint it, when your a kid/teen ya mates dont tell ya if you are good for fear of losing face. So i really dont know how good i was rated as a rider then. I know i was gettin a few props in my early 90's riding at rampage, but i'm really not someone who likes to blow there own trumpet (ooh er missus), and i suppose if im honest, have always had a lack of self belief.

I know one thing for sure mate, the last 4 months have been my saviour! I was in a pretty bad way before i discovered RAD, had lost all direction in life and was struggling in me noggin....if ya know wot i mean :crazy2:

But we are feelin much happier now........arn't we sabastien?  :LolLolLolLol:

I feel much better for that thanks DR Dan, i'll pay at reception on me way out.

Sean.  :daumenhoch:

Oh FFS Rob, why am i even trying here.......its like smashin me bonce on a brick wall!  ;D Oh, and thanks for helping with my braking issues lastnite mate, dialled it all in today AND got me front wheel spinning aswell.....bonus!  :daumenhoch:

steve-fish

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2007, 11:56 PM »
Thanks for letting me come rob the night was a treat sean and colerfull trev was having a well good sesh never seen trev ride so well.

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2007, 11:58 PM »
Perhaps you`re just good Sean, and we`re all a bit jealous  :-[
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2007, 12:00 AM »
Sean,  you're breaking my heart here......

I'm welling up.....

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You know we all love ya buddy.  I for one hope your progression never stops   :daumenhoch:

I do wish you'd buy some kneepads though............

Sean 2000

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2007, 12:08 AM »
Bill, flatery will get you nowhere my friend, you will have to get somebody else to teach you triple whip 360's.  ;D I'm humbled by your comment  :-X

Cheers Steve (or is it just Fish?)

Was nice to meet ya fella, keep on rockin.

Rob, i wish you would wear a helmet mate! Once thing start getting more serious i will get me some veggies bud.  :daumenhoch:

Sean.  :daumenhoch:

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2007, 12:11 AM »
sean,  love the dr dan bit,  much better then,  supprano, gansta, thug and all the other names i've

been called on this site ;D  ratty you owe me big time :)

sean if i've helped release your demons tonight and shared your story with your brothers then :daumenhoch:

keep it up mate,  nothing better than an ex pro to keep all these old gits in check >:D :)

i can see it now,  my advice on life will cost more then my painting :4_17_5: :daumenhoch:

Trev

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2007, 01:25 AM »
Thanks for letting me come rob the night was a treat sean and colerfull trev was having a well good sesh never seen trev ride so well.

cheers fish...  :daumenhoch:   i did enjoy the session last night.  i think i had a bit of a good night last night. it normally takes me a while to be able to pull my first peg stall of the night, despite being able to do them for a couple of months now. i think i've also only pulled about 5 or 6 feeble stalls too.  so to ride in and pull a peg stall on my first go then to follow up with a perfect feeble straight after kinda started me off on a high.  i think i pulled more feebles last night than i have ever done before.

big props to spencer though. always an unsung hero.  the smoothest peg stalls, smiths & feebles.  he was struggling with feebles at Rom on Sunday but got them perfect last night.  Also Spence does the smoothest Smith's you will ever see.  If there's ever a trick that is completely dialed, then it's Spencer with his Smith's.  All sorts, stalls, grinds and reverse grinds.  :daumenhoch:

it was very busy last night, so it was more of trying to perfect what i can do rather than learn something new.  but i have a couple of tricks which i feel may only be 2 or 3 sessions away.

also loved the 540 tyre tap sesh we had.  it must have seemed mad seeing me trying this when i can't even do a simple tyre tap.  but i figured if i learnt this first then the tyre tap should be fairly easy.... it made sence in my head last night...  :idiot2:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Charlton lastnite!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx