gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 08:24 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  BMX tracks in the South East/London area
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: BMX tracks in the South East/London area  (Read 4467 times)

Superkav

BMX tracks in the South East/London area
« on: August 15, 2007, 03:13 PM »
Looking for a track close to Watford where I can hone my skills, (read that as learn how to get round without looking like a geriatric) ;D

I did a couple of laps at MK and have been well and truly bitten by the race bug, I'm even tempted to drive back up there but It's a 60 mile round trip.

I'm counting on you guys to pint me in the direction of somewhere welcoming where you don't have to be an ex-pro and won't get laughed at. I don't want to win prizes but I do want to learn how to jump a triple without losing a testicle on the landing :D

TK The Mic

Re: BMX tracks in the South East/London area
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 03:17 PM »
I can say tht you would be more than welcome at Hersden (nr Canterbury) on Sep 16 for the Old Skool Shootout, send me a pm before that date if interested with your plate number.

This Sunday there is a South regional meeting at Hayes, with plenty of Old Skoolers there, not sure on race entry fee.

TK the MIC

Superkav

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 03:21 PM »
Thanks TK, need some gate practise before I race. I'll be the pleb on the floor otherwise

muttley

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 03:21 PM »
Can always come for a session at Dorking trails too, got some nice downhill sections with berms  :coolsmiley:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 04:49 PM »
Can always come for a session at Dorking trails too, got some nice downhill sections with berms  :coolsmiley:

I ride my MTB down there mate!  some great bits of singletrack up there  :daumenhoch:

Flying_fox

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 06:35 PM »
The closest track to Watford has to be Dunstable, not sure what night gate practice is held on, Mondays I think..... Go on bmxtalk.com and PM dunstablebmx for the low down.

There are some pictures from the last regional they held here: http://www.bmx-race.co.uk/Dunstable_110607/album/slides/02.html

Hayes takes no time to get to from from watford, get down there sunday and check it out, a fair few rad member will be that (not me though, i've just broken my other shoulder ::) :uglystupid2:).  check out www.haawksbmx.co.uk for details.

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 08:31 PM »
Hayes takes no time to get to from from watford, get down there sunday and check it out, a fair few rad member will be that (not me though, i've just broken my other shoulder ::) :uglystupid2:).  check out www.haawksbmx.co.uk for details.

Miles is spot on, Watford is a 40min drive to Hayes track and one of the best tracks around  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2007, 09:48 PM »
Dont forget Dagenham track, open race Thursday evenings, with a good Old school gate. check www.badbmx.com for more details :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Superkav

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2007, 03:16 PM »
Cheers lads. So can I just turn up and ride?

spillers#1

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2007, 03:34 PM »
JUST TURN UP PAY £2:50 GET ON THE GATE AND YOUR OFF :daumenhoch:BEWARE OF THE RATMAN HE'S PRETTY SHIT HOT ROUND THE FIRST BIRM :4_17_5: :LolLolLolLol:

Flying_fox

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2007, 06:36 PM »
Cheers lads. So can I just turn up and ride?

At Hayes you can borrow equipment, but if you've got your own FF lid and gloves use them. I think it's 3 quid for non members at gates.

Long sleves are a very good idea, essential if racing, and the same with knee and shinnys if you like to ride in shorts, jeans are fine.

This tends to be the case at every track/club across the country, but it's just common sensce.

Superkav

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2007, 11:56 AM »
Thanks for all your inut guys, full face lid is on order. I can't wait to get on the track. 1st stop Dunstable :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  BMX tracks in the South East/London area

gfxgfx
gfx gfx