gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 08:23 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  My MK £10 purchase Mongoose Decade Pro F&F
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: My MK £10 purchase Mongoose Decade Pro F&F  (Read 4419 times)

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Ridin the TA (but not quite like Bob Medrano)
  • Rated:
My MK £10 purchase Mongoose Decade Pro F&F
« on: August 12, 2007, 10:50 AM »
HI folks...first off thanks to Stuntmaster Paul for keeping hold of this over the last few months for me :4_17_5: (and not selling it to The Ruler :LolLolLolLol:)

The idea is to try and get this as era correct as possible, thus far I have the F&F and some 6 spoke OE skyways (again thanks to Stuntmaster Paul  :daumenhoch:). For those that saw the F&F at MK, it needed a good clean, plenty of surface rust and pitting and old paint here and there so yesterday I was in the garden with my Simonz Chrome cleaner and hey presto. It's no show pony by any stretch of the imagination, and the welded lugs certainly need to be removed, Paul did mention these as it came like this from the States.

I'm not sure whether to get it re-chromed, powdercoated or leave as is a a survivor, any thoughts gratefully received. The 6 spoke oe skyways are in the process of being cleaned but I can now see/understand the pleasure how peeps enjoy restoring bikes/parts, if you look past any dirt/rust there is potential.

I hope to get this back to a full bike over the next year and with any luck present it as a show and shine at MK08 ::)

Paul :)

Vans Style

chrishil1

Re: My MK £10 purchase Mongoose Decade Pro F&F
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 11:11 AM »
ur a lucky man, I know two people who paid a lot more than a £10 for one of those recently. More like £80 - £100

lucky fella  :daumenhoch:

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 11:14 AM »
looking good paul  :daumenhoch:

zed4130

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 11:15 AM »
that was a bargain mate  :daumenhoch:

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 11:23 AM »
Thanks guys.... I really should have taken a 'before' pic as I think that possibly reflected the price I paid for it...Stuntmaster Paul would probably clarify that. The pics I've posted don't show the little scratches here and there and some of the pitting but there's no dents (just a few dinks) or re-welds (apart from the lugs :crazy2:). The rear dropouts aren't too chewed either.

Just to add the serial number is M7C 03994 and there is also a number 18 stamped into it just below the base of the seat tube at the rear....would anyone have any info on this ie original colour way etc ::). Also were they a Ltd edition, I don't know to be honest of the history.

Many thanks

« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 11:37 AM by aerostylie »
Vans Style

Offline Del

• Look Back
  • Re-living my youth!
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 08:42 PM »
Looks like you put a bit of elbow grease into that Paul, looking forward to following the progress on this one. A bargain too. :daumenhoch:

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 10:16 PM »
nice job mate you cant beat a mongoose :daumenhoch:
British race frames and race clothing wanted

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 10:49 PM »
looking good pleased it went to someone as was out in garden for ages and nearly dumped it and keep us updated with progress , i v`e seen a few of these painted and backend chrome or all chrome and look nice   
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 01:47 PM »
looking good pleased it went to someone as was out in garden for ages and nearly dumped it and keep us updated with progress , i v`e seen a few of these painted and backend chrome or all chrome and look nice   

Cheers bud...the skyways are coming up a treat as well, still plenty of work left to do on the wheels and frame/forks but I'm gonna really give it a good go.

Also Paul, hope you don't mind me asking, but did you mention at MK you may have some decals for the Pro ::)

Regards

Vans Style

theRuler

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 01:51 PM »
nice job paul

i'd do some sort of paint / chrome two tone thing with it

obviously you will have to paint out the rear end after hacking the lugs off

should be a good scoot!

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2007, 02:09 PM »
Excellent Gra.. those ads and pics are just what I need to inspire :daumenhoch:

Think the parts might be a bit difficult to come by, but I've set aside a year to get this built up for MK08. All my other builds have been this and that part but for once I wanna get all the parts relevant to the bike.

I was thinking of keeping it full chrome...although I have seen a peppermint green version.......decisions descisons ::)

Vans Style

theRuler

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2007, 02:14 PM »
i guess you could put something together similar to my fs-1 that i had on show at mk:

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2007, 02:20 PM »

my mate built the one at the top of the page built by mark outen (follow the link) http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=4076.60     ,i think he might be selling it?  :-\

also im 99% sure that he has a complete decal set availble............ill ask him for you as i will be seeing  him at some point tomorrow  ;)

theRuler

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2007, 02:36 PM »
;)

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2007, 06:41 PM »

what bits do you need for it paul

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2007, 06:52 PM »
what bits do you need for it paul

Virtually everything Pete :LolLolLolLol:

I've got the F&F and some white oe 6 spoke skyways....so it's a a start :daumenhoch:

Vans Style

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  My MK £10 purchase Mongoose Decade Pro F&F

gfxgfx
gfx gfx