gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975645 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6349 Members - Latest Member: Kev667 July 07, 2024, 01:52 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Action Zone Bars
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Action Zone Bars  (Read 2845 times)

trixr4kidz

Action Zone Bars
« on: August 10, 2007, 08:17 AM »
Hopefully be picking up a set of 'survivor' Action Zone bars later today but don't really know much about them.  I remember they had a bit of a reputation for cracking BITD but not much else.. ???

They don't seem to come up very often and I can't find a decent pic.  Does anyone have any or know how I can tell if they are originals or not?

Cheers

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: Action Zone Bars
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 08:21 AM »
get a pic up when they arrive    :daumenhoch:
im still after a set but to lazy to look about.

Trev

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 09:43 AM »
there's a guy on here who'll be able to tell you for sure if they're original or not once you've posted a pic. ;)

Rad Robbo

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 10:10 AM »
Does any body out there have the stickers for them? I think pictures have been posted on here before maybe try a search and see if it comes up.

trixr4kidz

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 10:59 AM »
Ok thanks.  There is a pink performer with what looks like a black set of AZ bars in the museum but its not the best angle.  I'll post a pic once I've picked them up and see what you all think... :daumenhoch:

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 11:03 AM »
nice avatar  :smitten:.
dave the bmxing gypo

username

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 12:05 PM »
I remember they had a bit of a reputation for cracking BITD but not much else.. ???

They don't seem to come up very often and I can't find a decent pic.  Does anyone have any or know how I can tell if they are originals or not?

Cheers

I knew lots of riders doing lots of silly stuff and I have never seen or heard of the "cracking" - has anyone EVER actually broken any personally or seen some broken?

there's a guy on here who'll be able to tell you for sure if they're original or not once you've posted a pic. ;)

Maybe, even I am confused and got tons of abuse after showing interest in Radhab's "stamped in all the right places" bars - which rang no bells with me.

Does any body out there have the stickers for them?
im still after a set but to lazy to look about.

Yes, there is a very good chance - any particular colour?

SaMAlex

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 12:08 PM »
My mate has got a broken set of AZ bars in his shed. I keep meaning to get them off him. I have heard of a few sets snapping

trixr4kidz

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2007, 12:54 PM »

"I knew lots of riders doing lots of silly stuff and I have never seen or heard of the "cracking" - has anyone EVER actually broken any personally or seen some broken?"

No you're right I never actually saw anybody break or crack them but that was the only thing I remembered about them.  Maybe it was just one of those urban myths around at the time.  Still cracking (no pun intended) looking bars though.
 ;)

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2007, 01:08 PM »
I've got a set at home. I'll post a piccy or two over the weekend if it helps. Mine are stamped with the initials AZ, I think its on the right-hand reverse side about halfway up.
As for cracking, there have been a few threads on here over time mentioning this, as well as bending, but mine are nice & true, Only issue I have is that the original chroming isn't too hot.
hope it helps.
Pete
**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2007, 01:10 PM »
BTW also very interested as well if anyone has any stickers for them.  :daumenhoch:
**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

username

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2007, 01:47 PM »
My mate has got a broken set of AZ bars in his shed. I keep meaning to get them off him. I have heard of a few sets snapping

That sucks, I was under the impression they were really strong - oh well :)

Mine are stamped with the initials AZ, I think its on the right-hand reverse side about halfway up.

I must be having some kind of brain blockage but I have never seen any that were stamped - I am assuming from your username you were the guy that bought Radhab's off ebay. There is a huge possibility my memories of the stamp could  be wrong as my memory of everything even 10 minutes ago is crap.

retrorider.u.k

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2007, 03:15 PM »
everything bitd broke so why should az bars be any different  :-\

Rad Robbo

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2007, 03:38 PM »
I have a pair knocking about somewhere still straight as a die. I don't remember them being stamped. I got mine from Mud Machine in about 85 or there abouts.

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2007, 03:50 PM »
got a set of these with original stickers as well ,tatty but cool and all bars broke bitd as if didn`t you weren`t trying hard enough  ;D
no1stuntmaster on instagram

trixr4kidz

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2007, 05:25 PM »
Right got them.  They look to be in pretty good nick other than the obvious scratches.  No dents or cracks.  Turned out they were attached to a pretty nice bike so I took that too!  Result.  My camera has just died after one photo so I'll take more later....

Jesse

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2007, 06:01 PM »
Mine are absolutely fine, straight and true. No stamp.
I would also love to get some stickers for them - they're currently black, so maybe white stickers? Whatever DC any colour will do!

rosscoe

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2007, 09:21 PM »
I ran a set of these for a coupla years BITD and they were the best set of bars I used. No bends or cracks.......and I did try quite hard....

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2007, 09:23 PM »
I ran a set of these for a coupla years BITD and they were the best set of bars I used. No bends or cracks.......and I did try quite hard....

Dave will be pleased  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

rory

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2007, 09:42 PM »
 i used a pair for about two years, they snapped near stem .
they were  a nice size ,  :daumenhoch:

pic by fidz

username

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2007, 10:22 PM »
i used a pair for about two years, they snapped near stem .
they were  a nice size ,  :daumenhoch:

Those ones are not action-zones. VDC made the first prototypes, the real ones were made in England. VDC just carried on making those ones which did snap a lot. You can tell by the mile long sticking out cross bar and the bottom joins, the brazing and tubing on AZ ones were much better in my opinion, but then I would say that :)

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2007, 10:29 PM »
Did you make any money out of them bars Dave ?

username

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2007, 11:17 PM »
Nah, but it was definitely worth doing! I got a set on my newschool that I got from my Mums house - she says hallo btw....

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2007, 11:23 PM »
Hope shes well Dave, wish her the best from me, is that the house in Woodford ?

username

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2007, 11:35 PM »
Yeah I will and yes - the same house :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Action Zone Bars

gfxgfx
gfx gfx