gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 12:21 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  bit of nostalgia
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: bit of nostalgia  (Read 1230 times)

spillers#1

bit of nostalgia
« on: August 09, 2007, 12:02 AM »
I've just been flicking through an old bmx action bike from 1982 and had a look at the 82 riders chart for the provisional HOT 20 riders and who's names do i see........................MR       TEONY      WAHAY(ratty) and..............mr wonfor(nishiki)is sams real name daniel?anyway mr waye or ratty as he's known is in the mix with the likes of ANDY RUFFEL
                                                                                                                                          KIETH WILSON
                                                                                                                                          TONY SLATER
                                                                                                                                          MARK WHITE
                                                                                                                                          CHRIS SIMMONDS
                                                                                                                                          NICKY PREECE
                                                                                                                                          SID SALISBURY
                                                                                                                                          MARK CRACKNELL
                                                                                                                                          ANDY PRESTON
                                                                                                                                          FENWICK CARR
And many more but i can't be bothered to add :) 25 years ago big boy :daumenhoch:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: bit of nostalgia
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 12:19 AM »
PMSL, Hot 20, wonder what happened... Scan that for me please Lee :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

se bikes

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 01:16 AM »
PMSL, Hot 20, wonder what happened... Scan that for me please Lee :daumenhoch:

blimey, u can ride a bike then  :angel:

Offline LucyLastic

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 07:35 AM »
The good old days  :smitten:   You old bugger, Tony  :LolLolLolLol:

spillers#1

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 07:59 AM »
i'll bring it to daggers tonight tone :daumenhoch:when you consider the amount of riders throughout the country doing nationals etc at the time thats pretty good going to be mention in the top 20.

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 08:48 PM »
Would be interesting to see that Top 20 as already that's five of the named I've now seen gracing the tracks (mainly Braintree) in the last few years.  Go on Tony, scan it in and bask in the glory.  And is "Sam" really "Daniel Wonfor" ??  Humps

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 09:22 PM »
Humps, yes mate, Sam is Daniel. They used Daniel because of Sam Jarvis racing at the same time, Sam and Sam was always battling against each other.

The hot 20 was actually the national riders chart for 82 :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

spillers#1

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 10:15 PM »
humps your the 21st hottest old school rider of 2007.... :4_17_5:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  bit of nostalgia

gfxgfx
gfx gfx