gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975768 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 05, 2024, 05:09 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Scottish OS Series - DATES AMENDED - PLEASE TAKE NOTE
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Scottish OS Series - DATES AMENDED - PLEASE TAKE NOTE  (Read 5250 times)

kennyhunter6061

Scottish OS Series - DATES AMENDED - PLEASE TAKE NOTE
« on: August 08, 2007, 04:26 PM »
Okay guys, the dates are set for Scotland's first Old School Race Series - The Scottish OSS Winter Series 2007  :daumenhoch:  Martin is busy getting our race plates ready, which will be based on the design below (final design will be posted asap).  What I need everyone to do now is register themselves for the series and pay their registration fee so I can pay Martin for the race plates.  Registration will be £10 for the series, which includes the cost of your race plate.  Each race will be £5, and trophies will be awarded at the end of the series to the top 8 riders and medals for everyone else taking part.  Any 'profit' from this race series will be used to make donations towards the Stephen Murray fund, and also radbmx  :daumenhoch:  Payment by paypal to:  kennyhunter4130@supanet.com or send me a PM.

Series sponsors include:

BSD, Alans, and Groove Racing,who have all promised to donate some freebies to be given away during the series

Top Prize for the overall Series Winner is a brand new Dialled Bikes MX20 Frame, kindly donated by Mike at Dialled Bikes!  :4_17_5:  Thanks Mike, You're a star!!

Riders registered:

1.  kenny4130 (PAID)
2.  kevin rettie
3.  madall
4.  paulo (PAID)
5.  Big M (PAID)
6.  Stevo (PAID)
7.  Ali Stewart (PAID)
8.  Marc Stewart (PAID)
9.  Nic Gill (PAID)

WINTER SERIES DATES - AMENDED - PLEASE TAKE NOTE:
All racing will be on a SUNDAY.  Registration/Gate Practice from 3pm, Racing asap after that.  Dates and times have been amended due to the club starting weekly race training sessions between 1pm-3pm for a local youth group.  We've also moved the January/February dates to make racing every 2 weeks, and the series will be decided on the best 4 races out of 6 (even more of a reason to come to the double points race!), just to give those who can't make it to every round a fighting chance.

Round 1 - November 4th
Round 2 - November 11th
Rd3 - December 9th CANCELLED
Round 3 - January 13th (double points)
Round 4 - January 27th
Round 5 - February 10th
Round 6 - February 24th

The usual OS Rules will apply for this series.  Top 4 races out of 6 count towards final placings.  All rounds will take place at Clydebank track as it is unlikely that we will be able to get any other Scottish tracks race-ready with a start gate in time.  We will be looking to include other tracks for the Summer series though  :daumenhoch:
Track address is: Onslow Road, Drumry, Clydebank, G81 2PL

The final design for the race plates is this rather cool design by Martin (BrewUK) - Note to all plate collectors - You can buy one of these plates by registering for the series.  We won't hold you to attending any races, just the £10 registration will get you one of these plates posted to your door.  You'll also be helping support the series and helping us make a donation towards the Stephen Murray appeal and radbmx to help with the running costs of our favourite OS website :daumenhoch:  Top 10 plates will be reserved for End-Of-Season presentation but all other numbers will be given out to those who register, and will be distributed as soon as I receive them from Martin.  At the moment numbers 11-30 are available, with more to be added if these all go.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 11:21 AM by kennyhunter6061 »

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: Scottish OS Race Series
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 06:53 PM »
This would be fantastic if you can get this sorted, The South has established a series, Dingo is working hard on a Midlands one, and the North is making progress. If we can get regions to take part, then we are going to push for a national series of perhaps 4 National races, with a final round at MK in 2008. :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

zed4130

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 07:00 PM »
us lads down my way have been talking about this, if we can get enough guys together  :daumenhoch:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 07:02 PM »
Kenny I made this a sticky topic, lets hope you get enough support :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 10:14 PM »
Would be intrested in the odd race, couldnt get to all but should be able to make the odd meet   :daumenhoch:

se bikes

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 10:34 PM »
C'mon guys n girls, lets take OSS National, how mental would that be mad

piper

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 08:40 AM »
I`m up for that...big time.. :daumenhoch:

trixr4kidz

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 11:28 AM »
Yeah I'd be up for that and I know one or two others who would too.  Used to race at Falkirk, Livi and Gala but never raced at Clydebank.  We get a few old schoolers coming into the factory now and again so I'll put the word out.  Let me know how you get on... :daumenhoch:

kevin rettie

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2007, 01:24 PM »
Well up for it Kenny, good shout. I'll try and give some of the Highland boys a shout.  :daumenhoch:

Im going to try and make it accross to Clydebank for the meeting on Sept 2(?) if Im back off holiday.

monkeyboy

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2007, 02:39 PM »
yeah would be up for it as well mate, talked about it with Stella dave and Cyborg on the burner sites, but cant make it that weekend as is Connect festival but deffo the next one.

Paulo

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2007, 01:08 PM »

Apart from Clydebank, what other tracks are there in Scotland?  ???

kevin rettie

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2007, 01:40 PM »

Nairn track is still there, which is amazing after so long, in my opinion it was the best track in Scotland bitd. :4_17_5:

Steve Fraser and a few of the lads up there are talking about getting it re-surfaced and running againg.  :daumenhoch: I'll try and get an update on how its going, I am sure they would be up for an old school meet.

Paulo

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2007, 04:11 PM »

It would be great to set up a series with more than one track so it would be good if Nairn was up and running. Looking at the Britich Cycling website, there's no reference to any facilites other than Clydebank for mainstream BMX, so the Western Titans track looks like it's the only active track in Scotland.

Could have one of the series at one of the North regions meets ?

madall

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2007, 05:00 PM »
Im sure the track in Inverness is still there down at Bucht Park near the Ice rink, I'll check it out...

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2007, 06:45 PM »
The 'new' Cumbernauld track is still there.  The surface on the straights is suprisingly good for not being maintained for 12 years, but the surface on the berms has slid down and they're like deep sand now at the bottom of every turn.  Some of the smaller jumps are a bit rounded off too.  I will speak to Sean Boyle about Bathgate track - I don't know what condition it is in now, but Sean had a new electronic gate system for that track too.  I'm sure Livi track will still be there but when Sean and I were there 7 years ago it was pretty poor.  Everything was there but very rounded off and if you started brushing it I doubt you'd be left with much!

Paulo

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2007, 07:31 PM »

I can't believe this. This is great news. Possible tracks at Inverness, Bathgate, Cumbernauld, Nairn and Livingston.

They don't have to be in A1 condition, but just usable and safe. We obviously need permission but if you guys can use your contacts to get an idea of whether they are usable, we can approach the appropriate people.

Am I getting too excited about this?  There needs to be the demand so if people can, come along to Clydebank on the 1st September. There's no point pursuing this if there's going to be more marshalls than riders!

Good Stuff   ;D ;D

P

Stevo

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2007, 08:01 PM »
I am based in Edinburgh and went to MK07 and had great time meeting old schoolers and doing a bit of racing. Nothing too serious though.

A Scottish meet sounds good, I am up for it. Where is the Clydebank track exactly? I went round Livi last year and it was ok, just needs a clean up and trees cut back as they hang over the track in places. If Nairn, Barthgate and Cumbernauld are decent tracks I am up for that too.

The great weather at MK really made that event, a race meet in the Autumn might be a bit wet-wet-wet (Clydebank connection).  :)

Thanks to SE-Bmxer for the pic.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 08:05 PM by Stevo »

Paulo

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2007, 09:35 PM »
I'll leave it for Kenny to supply the Clydebank details.  Whats the Liviston track address?

How did you get your gear down to MK.

I did look a great weekend...well done to every one

kevin rettie

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2007, 10:25 PM »
Inverness was another ace track... :daumenhoch:

Anyone know what happened to Musselburgh track, is it still there? it was quite good and fairly close to where I now live so I might just check it out next week. I'll keep you all posted. :)

Stevo

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2007, 08:03 PM »
Paulo, drove down with all the gear in the car. Takes about 6-7 hours (driving within speed limit) but I stayed over night.

Livi track behind skatepark to the north over bridge.

Only a few mins away. Not sure about any tracks around Edinburgh. Danderhall was good BITD but sadly its gone.  :'(

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2007, 08:38 PM »
Last I heard Musselburgh had been cut in two.  Can't remember if it was to make way for houses or something like that. 

To find the Clydebank Track, go to Google Maps UK, type in G81 2PL.  Then zoom in a bit to the right and the new track is on the corner between Onslow Road and Great Western Road.

To find Livi track, again, go to Google Maps UK, type in EH54 6QU.  That is where to park for the skatepark.  The track is just a short cycle up the hill to the left, as seen on the map, near the junction of Howden South Road and Howden E.

To find the Bathgate track, type in the postcode EH48 4AL.  This should show Balbardie Avenue.  The track is to the right, at the end of the street between Balbardie Avenue and Waverley Street.

To find the Cumbernauld track, type in G68 9AG.  The track is between the arrow and the A80.

Hope this helps!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 08:40 PM by kennyhunter6061 »

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2007, 03:41 PM »
Anyone know if the track is still at Hawick?

bsdforever

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2007, 03:52 PM »
The Livingston track was knocked down just a few months ago

never mind, there's a great skatepark just across the river

Paulo

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2007, 09:22 PM »

Thanks for the addresses Kenny.  :daumenhoch:

Paulo

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2007, 08:42 PM »

Had a look at the Cumbernauld track today. Looks great. Ready to use. There's a sign there saying it belongs to the Westfield BMX Club.

Does anybody know about the club. Does it still exist?

P.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Scottish OS Series - DATES AMENDED - PLEASE TAKE NOTE

gfxgfx
gfx gfx