gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 04, 2024, 02:47 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Scottish OS Series - DATES AMENDED - PLEASE TAKE NOTE
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Scottish OS Series - DATES AMENDED - PLEASE TAKE NOTE  (Read 5091 times)

kennyhunter6061

Re: Scottish OS Series - WINTER DATES/FEES NOW ADDED
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2007, 12:42 AM »
Yes they are for sale - £10.  And for that you can get yer arse up on the gate with the rest of us!  ;D

Stevo

« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2007, 06:57 PM »
Sent you payment Kenny. Props to you and everyone for organising this.  ;)

I am looking forward to this.

Big M

« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2007, 11:45 AM »
Man this takes me back.....

I used to race in '81 & '82 at a few club races across Scotland, raced Danderhall a few times and a track somewhere around Glasgow, we lived out on the west coast, no track at all but if a race coincided with a trip to visit my grandparents in Edinburgh then I could get there. After retirement!! we moved to Inverness used to ride the track there, it looks in a bit of a mess now from looking at the pictures... :( be good to see the track and the Nairn track used again.

There used to be a few quick boys in Inverness, Mark & Henrik Bishop spring to mind, their dad ran a bike shop........

Kenny - Can't make the winter series, live too far away now, I'd love to buy a plate though and contribute... PM me if this would be OK

M.

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2007, 10:50 AM »
Alans now onboard as well with some promised freebies :daumenhoch:

Plates will be getting ordered over the weekend.  All those who haven't registered should do so now.  If you plan on taking part, at any point in the series, and don't see your name on the list then please send me a PM and I will get you added.  To be eligible for the plate, end of series placing and trophy you need to be registered, so the sooner the better chaps  :daumenhoch:

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2007, 12:27 AM »
Mark at Groove Racing has also promised some goodies to give away during the series  :daumenhoch:

Just a note to any plate collectors out there.  Our Winter Series plates can be bought simply by registering for the series.  You don't have to turn up and race although we'd love it if you could!  But if you're just too far away, or some other reason is stopping you taking part, just the £10 registration fee will see to it that when we receive delivery of the plates from Martin in the next couple of weeks that you get one posted to your door.  Numbers 1-10 will be reserved for presentation at the end of the series but, at the moment, we have numbers 11-30 available, with more to follow depending on demand.

Big M

« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2007, 08:51 PM »
Kenny, any chance of getting number 54.. ::)? If not could I have 21.

cheers.

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2007, 12:50 PM »
We've only got 1-30 just now so No.21 is yours mate  :daumenhoch:  I've just received the plates from Martin so I'll get yours in the post on Monday.

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2007, 11:09 PM »
Race Plates have landed.  Here's what they look like - Mine attached to my oldschool race bike.  Looking forward to next weekend  :)

Finally got my Supergoose (now a fake Pro Class) built up.  Still a work-in-progress, so please excuse the crap cranks (solid black GT 3pc) and the non-ProClass wheels.  These issues WILL be addressed as soon as funds permit.  Can't wait to 'christen' it next weekend!!

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2007, 11:11 PM »
looking good Kenny, love the goose, thats a cool battle bike :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2007, 11:36 PM »
 ;) ;) ;)

NOT TOO FAR FROM ME

MIGHT SNEEK UP FOR LITTLE BASH

RUSS  NEBMX :4_17_5:

Stevo

« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2007, 11:00 PM »
Kenny, had a good read of this thread and can't see a time for the race this Sunday.  ???

Will there be a start gate?

See you all on Sunday, hope weather is decent.

Props to everyone who is involved in organising this event.  :daumenhoch:

Cheers
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 11:03 PM by Stevo »

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2007, 12:38 AM »
Sorry all.  Registration & Gate Practice will kick off at 12noon and we hope to have racing starting at 1pm.  No start gate, but we will be using a big elastic band stretched across the start hill, just like they used at Falkirk BITD.......Only kidding!  ;D  We've got a full electronic/hydraulic-ram start gate, traffic lights, "riders ready, watch the lights, beep beep beep beep" etc etc. 

kevin rettie

« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2007, 10:43 AM »
Kenny

Just realised I've not paid my fees yet!! Can I pay you on the day? 

See you all on Sunday, and remember to go easy....its been a while!

Kevin

Stevo

« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2007, 03:06 PM »
Cheers Kenny, an electronic gate? Does that belong to the BMX club or did you have to organise that too?

This is looking like a professional event, better make a big effort to finish high the placings.

Can't make the race on 9 Dec as I will be down in Birmingham for the RadBMX Xmas bash, so I will miss out on double points.  :(

Cheers

Big M

« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2007, 04:06 PM »
Kenny, plate arrived today, looks great.....

Cheers,

M.

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2007, 05:50 PM »
Kevin (and everyone else), yes there's no problem registering on the day.  You can pick up your race plate then too.  The gate system is owned by the club and cost a few grand.  Hey, our track even has new tarmac berms! The club does, of course, run newschool races in the spring/summer, hence why we have the gate and tarmac berms.  The berms aren't to help clipped in riders though (just to reduce track maintenance), and anyone who dares to turn up with clip pedals will be the subject of much abuse.  Over the winter we tend to stop the racing so the track can recover.  This winter, however, we're reliving those days when we'd race in any weather, all year round.  Can anyone remember racing at Ayr through a foot of snow?? ;D

PS.  Oxygen masks will be available at the finish line  :D

Paulo

« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2007, 07:34 PM »

Had a fab day's racing today at the 1st Round. Dave old mags and photos were brill. Stevo's Skyway is the dogs and thanks to the 2 Kenny's for setting up the day.

Let's see some more riders next week and have even more fun.  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Stevo

« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2007, 08:21 PM »
Guys, it was good to meet you all on Sunday. Props to everyone for organising the event and turning up on the day.

Hopefully I will get more points since Dave (winner on the day) won't be able to make it.

See you next Sunday.  :daumenhoch:

Stella Dave

« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2007, 11:16 PM »
Cheers Sean, got ma dvd today! Much appreciated dude.

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2007, 01:59 AM »
Just looking to check who is planning on racing on 9th December (Round 3)?  If you are coming along to race then can you let me know, just to give me an idea of numbers.  Cheers!

kennyhunter6061

Re: Scottish OS Series - DATES AMENDED - PLEASE TAKE NOTE
« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2007, 11:08 AM »
9th December round has been cancelled and amended dates for January & February.  We've added another date in February to make up for 9th December.  The club is starting a series of 21 weeks of training for a local youth group, involving 2 hours of training, racing & coaching.  Obviously we can't run the OS Series during this time, so the OS racing will take place right after our coaching sessions.  Just means you all get your usual Sunday lie-in  ;)  We've also made teh series 'best 4 out of 6', just to make it fairer to those who can't always make it every week.  See you all in January  :daumenhoch:

kevin rettie

« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2008, 10:19 AM »

Hi Kenny,

Is the 13th still on? What time does it all start? Is it still double points?

Kevin

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2008, 08:43 PM »
Hi Kevin,

Yes, 3pm, and Yes!  :D

Hope to see you there,
Kenny

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2008, 08:44 PM »
Apologies to the guys who headed over to Clydebank this afternoon.  The weather was appaling and the track wasn't really fit for racing.  If anyone planning on taking part at any stage could PM me their mobile number I can give them a bell if there is any change of plans in the future.  :daumenhoch:

kevin rettie

« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2008, 01:18 PM »
Hey Kenny

The weather was crap yesterday but still good to have a burn around the track on the old  Harry Leary. Not sure how long it will last with my 16 stone pressing down on it though, especially when I start jumping the doubles and tripples!!!!  :LolLolLolLol:

Good to meet the other Kenny and Andy M though. Good bit of banter although 20 years of drinking and general abuse has fogged the memory somewhat!

I was saying that I might even consider getting a new school rig after a blast round the track on Kennys. Plenty more room for someone of my size and it felt solid as a rock. Fancy the retro quadangle....have to convince the wife first though.

Hope to catch you at the next race (if it aint raining!)

Kevin

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Scottish OS Series - DATES AMENDED - PLEASE TAKE NOTE

gfxgfx
gfx gfx