gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 07:36 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Headset Choice for Haro Sport 84 - Chris King?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Headset Choice for Haro Sport 84 - Chris King?  (Read 2242 times)

zed4130

Re: Headset Choice for Haro Sport 84 - Chris King?
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2007, 08:37 PM »
 :crazy2: oh i didnt look at the dates ,i thought peen was back  :-\  :crazy2:

Offline double chevron

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2007, 08:10 AM »
I put a Hatta MX100 in my 84 Sport ... only cause it was blue otherwise I'd have used a Beartrap II  :daumenhoch:

Steve

Lucky you to get a blue one !

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2007, 08:57 AM »
and if you can't find a beartrap II then you can get these instead!

http://www.alansbmx.com/product_info.php?products_id=5023

crazy foool

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2007, 11:05 PM »
rude wheels have beartrap 2s, got one sitting in my reflex f n f upstairs

peen

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2007, 12:03 AM »
Hey dudes. :D

Thanks for the concern ZED! :) I'm a-okay! Just been a bit busy! How odd I should randomly come across this thread again.  :uglystupid2:

As for the Chris King, yes I did go for a black one on my build. You do indeed need the 1" BMX threaded one with a 32.8" cup skirt diameter. See: http://www.aspirevelotech.com/Reference/CupSkirt.htm

I went with the above company (Aspire Velotech - they have an eBay and web shop). They were great, John was extremely helpful. It was a bit of a tight fit on my 84 Haro Sport I hear, however so were the sealed bearings for my Flight cranks. (Biaggio pressed both in for me when he was powder coating my frame and said they were a b*tch to get in).  :2gunsfiring_v1:

Also, pickle is pretty much spot on - the King is way over kill for a show bike or just an old school "rider". Originally I was going to spend £150 on my old school build, that turned into £350 initally, followed by about double that getting it perfect (repowdered, repro stickers, all NOS or cleaned components, sealed bearing everything). And pickle is also right, it just sits around gathering dust. It is too perfect to ride! :-\ I am worried about scratching it, or snapping it.  :LolLolLolLol: It is a nice ornament for the room though, but I can see myself in the future selling the parts on and either getting a new school or a mountain goat that's made to be abused. So yeah, I wish I had listened to the peeps on here that say keep the old bikes for show, and new bikes for riders.  :LolLolLolLol:

However if you got the dollar, they are an excellent quality headset! You pay for what you get - they probably are the best headsets money can buy.

Here are some pics of the completed build (left - White Haro Sport). :D

« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 12:23 AM by peen »

zed4130

« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2007, 09:31 AM »
hi mate, you been driving that jap import too much  :LolLolLolLol: great bikes mate  :smitten:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Headset Choice for Haro Sport 84 - Chris King?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx