gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 08:29 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Chris King 1" Threaded headsets
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Chris King 1" Threaded headsets  (Read 4508 times)

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Chris King 1" Threaded headsets
« on: July 28, 2007, 05:55 PM »
OK I know it's probably doubled the value of my bike  :idiot2: and it's not Old School, but I've just fitted a Chris King headset to it and I'm  :smitten: !! Bit of a squeeze to fit it but perseverence paid off in the end and it's a damn sight better than those ball-bearing things. 

Evolution Imports @ Bromley got it in for me (0208 290 0807 www.evolution-sales.com) and they ordered it in special for me as they don't usually handle the BMX 1" threaded sets only the standard 1" threadeds - there's quite a difference  (Head Tube Bore Size on a 1" Standard is 30.1mm whilst OS 1" BMX is 32.7mm).  If anyone wants one they'll import it for you but it takes about four weeks.  Not sure on choice of colours but I opted for silver which looks good. 

I told Evolution that I'd mention this on here as I know that sourcing a King for the older frames isn't that easy and knowing where to get one might help others.  Humps

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: Chris King 1" Threaded headsets
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 06:55 PM »
Al, can you stick a pic up with it fitted for me mate :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

darkersomeday

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 07:24 PM »
would a chris king headset even be OSS legal :LolLolLolLol:

if pitbull brakes are out then surely the king set has to be?

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 07:33 PM »
 :)

Flying_fox

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2007, 08:04 PM »
there is more than one make of head set...... ???

i've even got one for my park tools bog roll holder. get with the program guys. :P

humps knows .

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2007, 10:05 AM »
Ohh me likey, how much are they?

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2007, 12:16 PM »
Ohh me likey, how much are they?

Sorry Simon but if you need to ask you can't afford one!!   ;D ;) By the way, Evolution also have the King hubs in stock too - now you're talking serious pennies   :smitten: but you gets what you pay for (c£340 for the rear hub alone!!).  Humps

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2007, 12:27 PM »
£300 quid for a hub :shocked:  :shocked:

Thats taking it to extremes Al, not sure we can justify them on our old bikes, well not this year anyway

zed4130

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2007, 12:32 PM »
kings headsets were £100   :uglystupid2: ive got a 1,18th red one in my shed, it was on my giant atx1 mtb i had , they are good but £100  :idiot2:  just abit of bling  :D

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2007, 12:47 PM »
an old school normal headset is like a womans legs with big ass blue veins all over them and spots.
compaired to a king headset
which is like a models legs all the way up to her neck in silk stockings   :smitten:   :LolLolLolLol:

darkersomeday

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2007, 01:11 PM »
i'm fairly sure king made a few titanium "1 versions

£250 headset? :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2007, 02:40 PM »

I think you're right but I suspect they concentrated on the standard 1" rather than the BMX version.  They do a run of the 1.1/8th A-head version each year I believe and you're looking at c£250 for that little baby!!  Harris's analogy is spot on; I'm holding the thought of silk stockings  :smitten: :smitten: !!  But then Webdawg/OSS Queen would say that I'm just a dirty old man  :2funny: Humps

se bikes

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2007, 04:56 PM »

I think you're right but I suspect they concentrated on the standard 1" rather than the BMX version.  They do a run of the 1.1/8th A-head version each year I believe and you're looking at c£250 for that little baby!!  Harris's analogy is spot on; I'm holding the thought of silk stockings  :smitten: :smitten: !!  But then Webdawg/OSS Queen would say that I'm just a dirty old man  :2funny: Humps

You are a dirty fekker Humps :2funny: :2funny:
 :LolLolLolLol:
BTW  :wtf: was that PM about mate, no i wont put me sussies on for ya (that's reserved for my baby :smitten: :smitten:) or star in BMX Bitches:idiot2:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2007, 05:31 PM »
BTW  :wtf: was that PM about mate, no i wont put me sussies on for ya (that's reserved for my baby :smitten: :smitten:) or star in BMX Bitches:idiot2:

That PM was intended for se-lover not you old queen!!  Yeah. like I'd want to see you in a pair of black lace sussies!!   :D I'd think I'd rather see Mark in them!!   >:D Humps
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 05:34 PM by Humps00 »

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2007, 05:34 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:

se bikes

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2007, 06:49 PM »

That PM was intended for se-lover not you old queen!!  Yeah. like I'd want to see you in a pair of black lace sussies!!   :D I'd think I'd rather see Mark in them!!   >:D Humps

WE FOUND SE LOVER :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2007, 09:32 PM »
WE FOUND SE LOVER :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Biatch!!   ;) I'm off on hols tomoz so you can stitch me up as much as you like for next two weeks cos I won't give a flyin' f**k.  Now would be a good time for that caption comp. Ratty!!  Humps

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2007, 09:48 PM »
Have a great holiday Humps, but Im afraid the caption comp will wait till christmas :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Chris King 1" Threaded headsets

gfxgfx
gfx gfx