gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 09:05 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  rattle cans
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: rattle cans  (Read 620 times)

singlefin70

rattle cans
« on: July 26, 2007, 08:55 AM »
ive got a some handlebars that tare pitted and the chrome is off when wire wooled em,thinking of doing a rattle can job on em,also a frame.has anyone got an example of a job done [pics]and any helpful tips would be hugely appreciated........cheers

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: rattle cans
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 08:58 AM »
ZED is a good bloke to ask......he's always spraying his bits  ;)

but if you do spray anything then it's all in the preperation, make sure the bits are all washed and dry and have no grease on them, try not to touch them with your fingers as this will leave grease on them.

then primer......top coat........then laquer  :daumenhoch:

zed4130

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 09:31 AM »
prep it mate sand it right down , till its all smooth , get some plasticote under coat from BQ etc , and there colour paint , it works great , t,cut after 2-3 coats, then get some clear coat , will last ages and looks great  :daumenhoch:

Trev

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 09:52 AM »
just get superbikedan to powdercoat em.

theRuler

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 02:11 PM »
if you just want a flat base colour use hammerite spray

get the can warm

make sure the surface is flat and clean

spray in thin layers - don't lash it on

heat is the key - spray in a warm place

once the bars are dry enough to hold, put them in the airing cupboard (or somewhere warm) for a week

kowalski

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 04:41 PM »
i always sand down after primer with 1200 wet and dry, also after main colur 1200 to a dull finish then lacqeuer, i just recently did all 4 mvs on my bmw which look fooking awesome but it takes serious patience, to be honest getting dan to do them wont cost you much more than it will to buy all the shit you need from halfords, and if you havent done it b4 be prepared for tears :daumenhoch:

therock

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 04:47 PM »
just dont do it , looks ok , never get an amazing finish , then as soon as something touches it it falls of and looks terrible . trust me getting it done proper  :daumenhoch:

singlefin70

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2007, 07:43 AM »
thanks for help,maybe will get powder coated but gnna see how well another crap bike comes out first with rattle cans to see if its worth it..cheers

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  rattle cans

gfxgfx
gfx gfx