gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 30, 2024, 11:22 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  difference between haro vector bars and normal vector bars
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: difference between haro vector bars and normal vector bars  (Read 3564 times)

Offline danny silverstreak

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
ive pm,d a member about a set they are selling but whats the difference fella,s ive got 2 pairs of bars here a non gen pair and a white pair i want chroming for my GEN 1 but wont get them done in time for MK

the bars look great and hopefully i can buy them , but is it politically correct for a gen 1 having non bob haro vector bars

fook me that was long winded  - blame the artios :crazy2:

thanks in advance chaps

Danny

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
Re: difference between haro vector bars and normal vector bars
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 12:31 AM »
No its not but they are nice bars but check the rake out first on the museum bikes, they may not look right, mate has vectors on a Haro they are right on the mark but the copies didn't work, those vectors were for race bikes, hope this helps.

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 10:14 AM »
When did the Haro signature bars come out? i expect Haro was running the non sig ones before. I'd say it was cool either way  :daumenhoch:

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 02:22 PM »

I get confused on this one. When the bar/stem combo ones were for sale BITD they were called Vector Bob Haro Replica Bars. Then people started making copies of them and when these come up for sale they are sometimes sold as Replica Bob Haro Vector Bars.   :idiot2:

So when you see them up for sale and they are copies should they be described as Replica Bob Haro Replica Bars  :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: So everyone gets all confused (well I do)

Have alook at this link from Jay about how to spot the copies  :- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=17161.0

Or are you talking about the non stem Vector bars  :D 

gmac

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 02:23 PM »
When did the Haro signature bars come out? i expect Haro was running the non sig ones before. I'd say it was cool either way  :daumenhoch:

What he said  :daumenhoch:

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2007, 01:41 AM »
Its goes like this......

82-83ish Bob was sponsored by Vector.... they made Bob Haro Signature Bars first of all. They used the design of the integrated stem from their integrated race bar.... They are called Bob Haro signature bars because Bob was involved in the development and he was sponsored by Vector at that time. When Bob was no longer sponsored by Vector they had to change the name to Bob Haro Replica bars. Thats all  :)  Signature Bars=Sponsored   Replica Bars=not sponsored anymore...sheet we cant use his name  ;D
 There are 3 different variants..... to my knowledge they are all identical in size and sweep... just decal differences and knurling on the stem shaft. The knurling was added to the last generation of VBH Bars i think in 84-85... Vector then developed the Freestyle Unlimited bar which was beefed up and had a built in foot stand... they used the VC8 race bar as a reference for the Freestyle Unlimited bars. All the Vector Bob Haro bars i have owned have had imperial sized hex bolts.
 Hope this helps  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  difference between haro vector bars and normal vector bars

gfxgfx
gfx gfx