gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 06:06 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  the best BMX racing club
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: the best BMX racing club  (Read 2107 times)

DR VINOAH

the best BMX racing club
« on: July 23, 2007, 01:51 PM »

first off i want to thank all those who helped out at the track on saturday,you all know who you are to many stars to mention.

well well well,what an absoulutey fantastic day sunday was
a great turnout of 177 sign ups ,very smooth meet with no hic ups at all,back slaps all round,you all deserve it.
loads of action and old scores settled,notably martin parker and miles kirby having a right ol ding dong in their moto,s,and even in the final they were still banging elbows and trading 1st n 2nd places numerous times.

every B-A-D member who raced did exceedinly well,i havnt received the results as yet
i will post up asap.
gotta say a huge well done to one of our youngest and brightest stars josh mbu,who reamed the opposition in no uncertain terms he tripled his moto,s and won the final easily, and billie jones who did very well to recover in moto 2 after being put in the ruff,coming out the 2nd from last berm,
didnt put her off ,she just pedaled harder and took 2 places to get a 2nd.
jodie bowden also did the job right in what i think was her first big meeting.
chris dwyer in the 15+ novices played a blinder got a third in the final,
leah jones rode well despite being in the 10 to 14,s class,

local bad boy grant turner had a real battle in his moto,s,but showed the grit and determination to put in a high placing in the final,
tommy parker also did very well despite crashing badly in his 1 moto,held up racing for 5mins and did look quite nasty,but in the end he was only winded and made up for it in moto 3 and placed in the final.

i want to thank tony slater for presenting our trophies to all the B-A-D club riders.

in the old school class which had 20 riders competeing,ran a moto rotation system,
russ stainer took a tumble over the roller section and mark leetham hit the deck very hard and was temporalily knocked out,thank god he had a full face helmet on,lee spillers went down in the 1st straight,hope all 3 are ok for round 8 "the penultimate final" @ MK
a few of the hersden lads notably simon barnes who finished 3rd in the A final,2nd place went to jason te-harve and our very own paul coleman got the all important 50 points and 1st place A final.

thanks for coming and see you all on thursday nights 6 till 6.30 registration, racing commences 7pm and saturdays training session with CK Flash starts 1.30 to 3.30

se bikes

Re: the best BMX racing club
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 01:54 PM »
nice write up Steve :daumenhoch:

Twinkle

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 01:58 PM »
AH Steve, that was really nice, thank you xxx  I feel like I was there Sunday now  :)  I was in spirit anyway  :)

Well Done again to everyone  :4_17_5:

mrs-bmx-796

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 02:00 PM »
i have gotta say it was the best race meet i have been to so far, the bad riders defo did it with pride and done us all proud, 
the finish line was getting harder & harder as the day wore on with 93 moto's then the run offs, with the finals even harder.
was a great day.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 02:02 PM by mrs-bmx-796 »

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 03:12 PM »
Steve, great write up mate, one tiny correction, MK is the final round mate, this is where te harve sells his soul to the devil in the hope of blazing the oppos, where Nishiki 14 prays to the almighty bmx god to give him a good gate and where QuadPaul just laughs at us all before demolishing us.

I cant fooking wait for MK, The best racing action in the country (Except Daggers) the best bikes from all round the UK and the best people :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline LucyLastic

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 03:22 PM »
Just a thought, but will OSSS riders be mixed with non OSSS casual riders?

It's just I'd like to be as far away from you OSSS lot fighting for each others blood.  I am banking on a quiet day, you know, racing wise  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 03:25 PM »
Lou, tbh if you are in our race the only thing to worry about is if you get the holeshot, the only trouble is coming from behind >:D Its gonna be the guys in the lead with the most to worry about :daumenhoch:

Offline LucyLastic

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 03:47 PM »
Lou, tbh if you are in our race the only thing to worry about is if you get the holeshot, the only trouble is coming from behind >:D Its gonna be the guys in the lead with the most to worry about :daumenhoch:

Ok, no problem, if in doubt, I'll stay in front then  :LolLolLolLol:

se bikes

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2007, 03:50 PM »
U aint safe anywhere on the track >:D watch out for me looking to get some berm warfare action :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Offline LucyLastic

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2007, 04:06 PM »
U aint safe anywhere on the track >:D watch out for me looking to get some berm warfare action :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

I've heard about your berm warfare, might just have to remove your chain while you're on the startgate   ;)   :LolLolLolLol:

se bikes

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2007, 04:08 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

DR VINOAH

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2007, 04:08 PM »
Steve, great write up mate, one tiny correction, MK is the final round mate, this is where te harve sells his soul to the devil in the hope of blazing the oppos, where Nishiki 14 prays to the almighty bmx god to give him a good gate and where QuadPaul just laughs at us all before demolishing us.

I cant fooking wait for MK, The best racing action in the country (Except Daggers) the best bikes from all round the UK and the best people :daumenhoch:

tone thats why i put this in

"round 8 "the penultimate final" @ MK"

Offline LucyLastic

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2007, 04:10 PM »

Penultimate means next to last one, do you not mean ultimate, Steve?

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2007, 04:19 PM »
Sorry Steve, what Lou said :daumenhoch:

You dopey un-educated reprobate :2funny:

se bikes

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2007, 04:27 PM »
pmsl

DR VINOAH

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2007, 04:57 PM »

Penultimate means next to last one, do you not mean ultimate, Steve?

;D

and there,s me trying to be

clever and educated bookworm :LolLolLolLol:

notice one thing :angel:

i said not one word about the triumphant return

of the OSWS numero uno

who in moto,s 1,2,3, and the semi got a 2,1,2......2?

and fack me only made the A final :coolsmiley:

but sadly came 6th :'( ;)

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2007, 05:31 PM »
Steve, did you see the pic of the winter 1 and 2 in bermwarfare mode :daumenhoch:

« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 05:37 PM by RATTY »

DR VINOAH

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2007, 05:58 PM »
Steve, did you see the pic of the winter 1 and 2 in bermwarfare mode :daumenhoch:

o yes

freakin ace pic

notice how me elbows stick out instinctively
its funny i dont know im doing it

check the 4 that follow
although posted in reverse order ;)

can you zoom in on your face in the pic
as we are near the bottom of start hill?

Flying_fox

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2007, 06:45 PM »
I was well impressed with your riding Steve, for some one who been out injured even longer than me you did really well. :daumenhoch:

OS was stacked, loads of riders, loads of competition. But you lot still can't crash on mass like the masters  ;)  who saw my first moto? Only little old me left on after the first jumps. >:D :shocked: ;D

DR VINOAH

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2007, 08:15 PM »
I was well impressed with your riding Steve, for some one who been out injured even longer than me you did really well. :daumenhoch:

OS was stacked, loads of riders, loads of competition. But you lot still can't crash on mass like the masters  ;)  who saw my first moto? Only little old me left on after the first jumps. >:D :shocked: ;D

cheers it means alot

to be honest thru me injury i didnt stop riding,just took it easy
and going to physio/gym everyday,its made it easier in the recovery

and that stack in your 1st moto
me 1st thought was no :'( miles is under that lot
then i saw ya appear out the 1st berm
and your ding dongs with mr parker were top drawer
shoving each other all over the track
and still laughing n joking in the pits after

this statement could be a bumper sticker
"old schoolers crash in solo"

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2007, 08:17 PM »
this is where te harve sells his soul to the devil

Oh my God!!  Surely he's not clipping in at MK in front of all those diehard anti-clips RADsters??   :D Humps

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  the best BMX racing club

gfxgfx
gfx gfx