gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 03:14 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Save Southsea Online Petition
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Save Southsea Online Petition  (Read 7172 times)

spinmaster

Re: Save Southsea Online Petition
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2007, 04:24 PM »
i'm down kev  :daumenhoch:

keep the place open!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 05:27 PM by quimrider »

Offline dubber

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2007, 05:17 PM »
IVE JUST SIGNED IT.......

HOW CAN THE FOOKIN COUNCIL twatS CLOSE THIS PIECE OF BMX HISTORY, I WENT PASSED IT TWICE OVER THE WEEKEND AND THE PLACE WAS PACKED, THEY WILL SOON MOAN WHEN ALL THE KIDS (AND US OLDIES) ARE RIDING AND BUILDING JUMPS ON THE STREETS AND BUNNY HOPPING OVER LITTLE OLD LADIES......
COME ON PLEASE SIGN THE FORM WE CAN'T LET THIS CLOSE........

DUBBER

stegam

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2007, 05:45 PM »
yeah  ruler .

redditch/halfords trick team with me front middle and steve rooke who runs redditch wheels project (skatepark) top right .

those were the days.

kick303

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2007, 06:17 PM »
All Signed.....

I have scars that remind me of the fun had at the '91 KoC...
if they shut southsea how will i be able to add a new one???

what do they plan to replace it with .... ASDA or Tesco???

how much will it cost to buy it...not that i am rich but willing to invest / buy shares... how mad would that be? £20 a share put me down for 5 to start... :)

piransurfer

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2007, 12:07 PM »
Just signed the petition.  Council here in west Cornwall are building concrete skateparks all over the place...how can Southsea be any different?!! Its a disgrace.   :tickedoff: 

theRuler

« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2007, 12:16 PM »
if southsea skatepark was shut, it would just become part of a field.

kowalski

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2007, 04:20 PM »
not really bmx but i saw the powell peralta team skate there in the very early nineties holds a lot of memories
im all signed up :)

Offline Stace

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2007, 04:28 PM »
For those that aren't lucky enough to be getting up/down to MK  :-\

Apparently there's a 'Save Southsea Skatepark' day on Saturday, so try and get yourself down there.  Its all about the numbers, hopefully the news/tv will be there to help strum up some interest and exposure  :daumenhoch:  Hopefully Kev can confirm but I've just had a call from Dave Morgan so it must be legit !!

Look forward to seeing some people down there  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2007, 09:58 AM »
bummer i would have liked to have gone to that  :-[

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2007, 10:59 AM »
bummer i would have liked to have gone to that  :-[

Yeah me to, can we arrange another meet at Southsea maybe in September  ???

Trev

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2007, 11:08 AM »
done me bit just singed it lets hope it stays  :daumenhoch:

you would have thought that with all the shit the lottery funds they might put something towards this

kids and adults use the park and it is a great social scene where the majority get on and help each other

well that is my bit just hope me mark makes a differance so every one sign it  :daumenhoch:

They can't put any of the millions they make from the lottery towards a skatepark that generations of bmxers and skaters have used for years.  not when there are most essential things for it to be spent on.  like all the crappy art stuff.  you know it only costs about £100k for an exhibition to show an unmade bed.  FFS give me the money and you can all come round to my house...

Trev

Trev

« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2007, 11:13 AM »

Could this be of any help to the guys down at Southsea?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/actionnetwork/A4289132

oldmankev

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2007, 10:58 PM »
Didnt know much about this myself as i was off last week but
it is on Sat. Its more of a word of mouth thing than anything
else as we as staff cant be seen to be organising anything
thats anti council, so every discipline is welcome skaters
inliners and BMX the more the merrier. We have had the
News down a couple of times already so another article
will help.

Trev

« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2007, 11:05 PM »
it's a shame it's this weekend.  any other time, we could have all turned up there mob handed (with our bikes of course).  if a load of 30+ riders who've ridden there over 20 years ago were there and still riding, maybe that would get noticed.

Offline Stace

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2007, 11:36 AM »
Just spoke to a mate who know's (very well) a writer for the News Of The World.  I doubt he'll be interested but he's having a word with him anyway !!  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Trev

« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2007, 11:38 AM »
Just spoke to a mate who know's (very well) a writer for the News Of The World.  I doubt he'll be interested but he's having a word with him anyway !!  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

see if he can get some busty blondes to pose topless with some old school riders in the park...

Offline Stace

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2007, 11:56 AM »

see if he can get some busty blondes to pose topless with some old school riders in the park...

You offering ?

nidge

« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2007, 10:27 PM »
signed up :Great_Britain:

RADHAB

« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2007, 09:31 PM »

blobb

« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2007, 10:34 PM »
Anyone know what's happening with Southsea park? It's quite a special place for me as I used to make a pillgramige down from deepest Wales once a year first to ride bikes then to skate. Had lots of great times there. The guy that used to run the bmx / skate shop on Highland rd once told me how he was behind getting it up and running and that it would live forever because they had managed to tie in listed building status to the bandstand in the flatland area. Therego, they can never knock it down, so the wost fate is for it to stand idle with gates padlocked. That would be a shame.

DJ

« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2007, 11:51 AM »
As far as I know it looks as though the petition worked & that the park will remain open.... for the time being at least.
The retail outlet at the park has something like a 5 or 10 year lease & they arent ready to walk thats for sure. I believe the tender has been all but sorted so its all good news by the sounds of things?

With that said, I have spoken with Effraim & him & myself are looking at having a contest there sometime next year NOT King Of Concrete but something different. Possibly bowls & flat only, different format etc.... of course, will keep ya'll posted.

dj

oldmankev

« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2007, 10:13 AM »
Hopefully we are doing some sort of Boxing Day bash.

RADHAB

« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2007, 10:25 AM »
They should send in the dozers and get it gone, build something new and exciting! bloody hell it aint rocket science, then suddenly people will start to show an interest in the place again and the park will make money once more, keep the bandstand thats the proper history of the park but renew all the rest. Its all very well people on here getting upset that the park could have shut but lets be honest how many of you 3000 or so members have actually been to Southsea recently in any riding or other capacity???? (Tumbleweed passes) yeah i thought so.

So dig it up build a lovely new Gucci style shiny white cement park, loose the half pipe get rid of all the rest of the cr@p there and lead the way once again.

oldmankev

« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2007, 11:01 AM »
Nice to have you back Steve, Tumbleweed that was funny ;D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Save Southsea Online Petition

gfxgfx
gfx gfx