gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975653 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6351 Members - Latest Member: Spencerkidd July 07, 2024, 06:04 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  rad calendar for the site....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: rad calendar for the site....  (Read 729 times)

welsh denny

rad calendar for the site....
« on: February 25, 2008, 09:17 PM »
how about this then.

members on rad nominate their fav pics they've taken that year (must be on a decent  5 or more megapixel camera or film for blowing up) and out of all the entrants the best go to a vote system similar to bike of the year. the best 12 pics are then the set calendar months for 2009. if anyone on here can produce calendars for a good price then some of the profit goes towards the site running? i'm not sure how much a small run of calendars would cost but just a thought.

(been thinking of doing a calendar for the last 2/3 years but never get around to doing it.)

Trev

Re: rad calendar for the site....
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 09:55 PM »
Denny, I've also been thinking about that for a couple of years but never got round to it either....   :LolLolLolLol:

I believe someone tried it a few years back and it didn't really generate too much interest when it came to putting their hands in their pockets. That might be different now with several thousand members.

I was thinking about selling the months with the proceeds going to RAD. i.e. if you wanted to appear on it, you could buy a place.

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 02:15 AM »
As Trev says the Calendar idea was done a couple of years ago, a few of us put a lot of time & effort into getting the calendars produced and printed and hardly anyone parted with the cash to buy one. 

It would have been pure profit for the site also as I did all of the printing for free (as did everyone else involved), but as with most ideas for generating a bit of cash, when it came to people putting their hands in their pockets it all went belly up.

Can't see it happening again, I personally wouldn't get involved, as I have enough work as it is.  I don't want to spend my free time going into work, spending hours doing extra printing and then finding that people didn't care part with the cash.

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 07:39 PM »
how about doing it with naked chicks on os rides, now i bet they would put there hands in their pockets, dont know were you would get the chicks from though :buck2:
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

JT71

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 12:25 PM »
how about doing it with naked chicks on os rides, now i bet they would put there hands in their pockets, dont know were you would get the chicks from though :buck2:

let's just get that chap with the hotchick on his bike, think it was a TA, it's probably his missus, so I'll be careful what i say, to do a calendar of her.

maybe getting more and more undressed in each pic...just an idea..  :daumenhoch:

virtualmeuk

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 12:30 PM »
Good idea. What about a WAGS on BMX calender. Better not include mine though :( Mind you i could put my dog on it cos she is a girl. :daumenhoch:

Longun

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 12:39 PM »

Bet the price of the used Kashimaxes would go up too!  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2008, 07:46 PM »
i think you are getting carried away with you monkey spanking fantisies there JT, though it does sound good :daumenhoch:
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

Offline kusam

• Berm Worm
  • Nob
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008, 08:12 PM »
Good idea. What about a WAGS on BMX calender. Better not include mine though :(

thats not very nice

scary_leary

« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2008, 10:54 PM »
come on Sam.. lets see a pic with your thrupneys out!
we'll use it for every month  :daumenhoch:

Offline kusam

• Berm Worm
  • Nob
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2008, 04:17 AM »
u av PM

Beckyboo

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2008, 06:51 PM »
If thats a pm to sign up then your on your own Sam :-\ ;)

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2008, 02:33 AM »
As Stidds said the last one just didn't sell. I expect they'll be worth a few quid in 20 years  ::)

its33

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2008, 09:38 PM »
 :-\

wadagangker

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2008, 11:11 AM »
I think this is a great idea :daumenhoch: you could have something like a poll where people vote on their favourite customised bike that people have done themselves from the past year and the 12 that get the most votes appear in the calendar with the bike with the most votes being the cover bike aswell.  :4_17_5: good idea? and maybe if the proceeds stretch that far you could have a prize for the winner, nothing too expensive or extravagant. I would be more than happy to maybe offer a half price spray job, or something along those lines for the winner, or a percentage off of the paints i sell.  :Great_Britain: :)

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2008, 11:40 AM »
i havent met alot of the rad lasses ,so a good time to put your pics on.
i no the ones i have met are well worth a pic and heard sams a hotty  so clicky, click girls

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  rad calendar for the site....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx