gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 09:30 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  EPIC Not Dead but now named CREATION
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: EPIC Not Dead but now named CREATION  (Read 1205 times)

fuzzynod

EPIC Not Dead but now named CREATION
« on: July 11, 2007, 12:03 AM »
Looks like there really is'nt smoke without fire the rumours about Epic closing are nearly true  :tickedoff: .
Looks Like Keith and his family have finally given up the fight to make the place pay and moved on.
I love this place its where I have learnt most of my limited bag of tricks.
Just hope a fresh set of minds can do something to save it. Although some of the lads I talk to say they may extend the climbing part with the loss of the Bowl and vert !!!
This is a link to an article on random bmx all about it NOTE THE CHANGE IN OPENING TIMES !!!!!

http://www.randombmx.com/blogger/2007/07/big-thanks-to-everyone-who-came-to-shit.html
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 05:34 PM by fuzzynod »

MeddlE

Re: EPIC Not Dead but different opening
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 12:13 AM »
Well it wont survive on those hours!

fuzzynod

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 12:14 AM »
Yeah thats what worries me!

Trev

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 12:19 AM »
have to agree about that.  it's hard enough trying to keep a park open without it being shut most of the time.
those opening times will just speed up the process of it closing down.

rarman1

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 01:53 AM »
i wish i lived up that way,

i'd fecking run it :smiley6600: as i hate my current living :(

fuzzynod

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 07:11 AM »
Wait a minute just found this says they will be doing some development work in there the place is now called Creation Skate park  :coolsmiley:

http://www.creationwall.co.uk/

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 08:27 AM »
the worrying thing about that web site is the word 'wall' in the title!  maybe they have a grand plan to get rid of all the skate park and build a climbing centre? 

I love that vert bit at the back!  that's what gave me a lot more confidence when i started back on a bike (not that i've progressed much since then mind) but i still love that place!!

MeddlE

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 09:09 AM »
Quote from: http://www.creationskatepark.co.uk/
This is a fresh start for what was once known as The Epic Centre, under new management.
The park will evolve over the coming months offering new lines for skateboarders, BMX and inliners.

----------------

Notice to existing EPIC customers

This is a new business under new management. Annual membership will apply which is payable on your first visit to the park.
We are not able to transfer recent renewed memberships or passes. Prices will be as follows

We do not have session times, all prices are based on a per visit basis. Stay as long as you like for one entry fee.

No opening times listed though, but new website is http://www.creationskatepark.co.uk/

Maybe they are actually going to try and make a go of it?

fuzzynod

Re: EPIC Not Dead but Renamed Creation
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 05:33 PM »
Ok spoke to the people today they do want to make a go of it their main problem at the moment is that  rumours that they have closed are getting around so I have offered to provide em with some address of mags and websites etc to spread the word.
The opening times are much the same as before
Week days 10.00-22.00
Weekends  10.00-19.00
Please spread the word on any other forums you use  :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: EPIC Not Dead but now named CREATION
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 11:36 AM »
Mate can you get me some contact details as we'd like to do the old private hire session again in the next few months  :daumenhoch:

fuzzynod

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2007, 12:04 PM »
Mate can you get me some contact details as we'd like to do the old private hire session again in the next few months  :daumenhoch:

Going there tonight so I will have a word dude :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2007, 12:17 PM »
good man  :daumenhoch:

Trev

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2007, 02:45 PM »
i've noticed that anyone who had a membership with them regardless when you bought it, is not valid anymore.

lucky they didn't disappear after we paid our deposit and before the event.

fuzzynod

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2007, 09:03 AM »
i've noticed that anyone who had a membership with them regardless when you bought it, is not valid anymore.

lucky they didn't disappear after we paid our deposit and before the event.

Hey Hey!
 they are good people I have known them since I started riding 6yrs ago they put everything into that place to keep it going the best they did was break even one year they just had enough
 no fiddling or anything
 :knuppel2:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2007, 09:10 AM »
have to say the times i've been there....Dianne has been as good as gold!  she is top notch in my book!  :daumenhoch:

did you speak to them regards booking it again?

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2007, 07:05 PM »
Deffo get it booked again, that was a rad night - I'll deffo go again  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

fuzzynod

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2007, 10:16 PM »

did you speak to them regards booking it again?

Ok mate I have just had a lengthy chat with Debbie at the climbing wall/Skatepark she is going to talk to the M.D of the place as their insurance cuts off at 19.00 on the weekend but he was thinking of extending the hours anyway.She will get back to me next week about it and I will let you know more details then.
What she did say was that the climbing wall side of the buisness is going to extend all the way down to where  the vert is now, they plan on moving the vert!!! the bowl may go but there will be a foam pit for all you stunters out there.
Then they will rearrange the rest of the park to make better use of the space (I always thought the bit from the bowl to the long quater was a long pedal for no reason anyway).
The bar has gone (dismantled by the previous owners) :'( and there won't be one put back but the refreshment facility will be upgraded and stock more stuff like sports drinks,Relentless etc .
The impression I got was that they are going about it in a more buisness like way as the wall is already subsidising the park anyway so lets be possitive and get the news on any other forum you might use as their main problem is all the negative publicity on the forums going around.
We cant afford to loose the place as its one of a few indoor places "darn sarf"
 :Great_Britain: :daumenhoch: :Great_Britain:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  EPIC Not Dead but now named CREATION

gfxgfx
gfx gfx