gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 06:22 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  BRITS RACE PLEASE READ IF YOUR RACING
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: BRITS RACE PLEASE READ IF YOUR RACING  (Read 3182 times)

Webdawg

Re: BRITS RACE PLEASE READ IF YOUR RACING
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2007, 12:51 PM »
Tone,

Why dont we ask UB who's making the Brits plates, if we're going to bare the cost of plates anyways why dont we get em made up so that everyone gets the brits plate (all OSS entrants)

Do them similar to my brits ones printed all over inc numbers from 1st to .......................

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2007, 12:54 PM »
Nicki, its all in hand, I have two sponsors for the plates and I am waiting for a reply from Martin who produces the plates for the south region. Once I get the reply I will make an official announcement.

BUT WE DO NEED MORE THAN 10 PLATES TO MAKE IT WORTH WHILE, COME ON GUYS :daumenhoch:

Nicki, can you post something up on talk for me please
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Webdawg

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2007, 12:56 PM »
K babe :daumenhoch:

Webdawg

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2007, 01:31 PM »
Posted over to Talk

Guys,

We have decided to arrange commemorative plates for the OS Riders taking part in the Brits, the price of doing so will be calculated and notified asap.

Please confirm if you want one asap so we can get the order placed.

There are 2 sponsors on board 1 being Dialled Bikes (Mike we luv ya x) covering the cost of plates, ALL PROFIT we take from selling to peeps will be going to the Stephen Murray Fund so please dig deep.

The plan is to make the plates with a background design/sponsor names etc and u add yr own numbers before i open a can of worms over here 

Please either reply to this post or PM me or Ratty with your order.

Thanks

dialledbikes

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2007, 02:15 PM »
BUT WE DO NEED MORE THAN 10 PLATES TO MAKE IT WORTH WHILE, COME ON GUYS :daumenhoch:

Tony, I think everyone who races the OS event will want the commemorative plate, so why not just add the price of the plate to the entry fee (i.e. £20 + £10) seeing as the entry fee and plate money is going to the Stephen Murray Fund anyway.  Just a thought.

Regarding what numbers we run on our plates in the actual race, normally, people run whatever number they finished in their respective regional Summer series followed by their region's number (e.g. my number at the Brits last year was 14.5 cos I finished number 14 in region 5).  People who took part in the OSSS07 might want to run the number they finished in that, but others who didn't will probably just be allowed to run whatever number they like.

Finally, have BC definitely given the old school class the green light?  I would hate to think you are doing all this planning and everyone is getting excited only for BC to pull it at the last minute.

Webdawg

« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2007, 02:24 PM »
As far as i'm aware UB has run by BCF and Burnham club, BCF would be mad to pull it, bear in mind all the additional peeps with bringing kids etc who can race novice.

Lets await conf from the Ratster but he wouldn't have been beavering away to arrange all this if he wasn't sure :daumenhoch:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2007, 03:36 PM »
Mike, I think your idea will work the best, I just didnt want to put people on a low budget off racing.
If I dont have enough orders by tonight then we will include it in the race fees. If this does make it excessively hard for anyone, pm me and I will sort something out for you...

As for confirmation, Scott has run this by the BCF and we do have the Green light. As nicki said they would be mad to pull it now, Just in entrance money alone we are on target to raise a £1000.
The club at Burnham will benefit from 30+ camping fees without all the other money we will spend over the weekend.  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 04:27 PM by RATTY »

dialledbikes

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2007, 03:59 PM »
Nice one Ratty (I agree if the extra tenner is a stretch for people, they shouldn't be forced to have the plate).

I'm looking forward to the OS racing.  I love the Brits atmosphere, but know I am gonna get moto'd in 30-39 Cruiser, so having an extra event to compete in and more time on the track is cool.

KGB Matt

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2007, 04:35 PM »
So will my lil racer be able to enter the novice class then as i was a little reluctant to drag the whole family down there just to be told he cannot race.

Had i not decided to go i would have just paid the entry fee as my donation to Stephens fund.

Matt

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2007, 04:36 PM »
Matt, the Brits proper race is by qualification only, You could always put them on OS bikes!!!!!

dialledbikes

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2007, 08:36 PM »
So will my lil racer be able to enter the novice class then as i was a little reluctant to drag the whole family down there just to be told he cannot race.

Had i not decided to go i would have just paid the entry fee as my donation to Stephens fund.

Matt

Hi Matt.  There's no novice class at the Brits and as Ratty says qualification is by doing 5 regional rounds (and there are only 3 left now).

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  BRITS RACE PLEASE READ IF YOUR RACING

gfxgfx
gfx gfx