gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 12:20 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  redline padsets can you buy repops?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: redline padsets can you buy repops?  (Read 3020 times)

kowalski

redline padsets can you buy repops?
« on: July 07, 2007, 05:13 PM »
hi all, im wondering if the early to mid eighties redline padsets have been repro'd ? i assume certain other makes have been ie skyway, hutch etc, there seem to a lot about, as are a lot of sticker sets, a particular set that myself and a few others want are fetching silly money on satanbay, they are obviously rare but someone must be re doing them surely? ;)

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: redline padsets can you buy repops?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 05:23 PM »
A guy in the States was knocking sets out about 4 year ago...  you'll be very lucky to find any at all now, Redline are very good at killing off any repo gear to protect the copy right...

I would also be very sceptical about any 80s nylon Redline padsets that pop up as NOS or very good condition.... 

"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

GREMLIN

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 05:31 PM »
I was thinking the same about the supposedly nos pad set on the f&f currently on the bay. They look a bit tatty and loose for a better word. Also it's the 1st set i've seen that has the Redline font split between the blk/gry on the pad. Usually it's soley in the black part. I may be wrong and will be stood corrected...   ???  G.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 06:21 PM by Gremlin »

kowalski

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 07:24 PM »
mm exactly what i was thinking mr g, its hard enough getting a set but then not knowing if they are cheap knock offs too, especially when they are going for the sort of money they can fetch!! >:(

kowalski

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 07:47 PM »
mm thats them :daumenhoch:

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2007, 07:57 PM »
Redline pad set...

???

kowalski

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2007, 09:37 PM »
$299 eh!!! i'll take three of those please ;)

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2007, 09:42 PM »
A guy in the States was knocking sets out about 4 year ago...  you'll be very lucky to find any at all now, Redline are very good at killing off any repo gear to protect the copy right...

I would also be very sceptical about any 80s nylon Redline padsets that pop up as NOS or very good condition.... 

I don't see why Redline worry about it if they don't make them anymore  :idiot2:

kowalski

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2007, 09:50 PM »
well said old bean i am right behind on that, not literally tho!!!! :laugh:

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2007, 09:52 PM »
$299 eh!!! i'll take three of those please ;)

Just a set of bars would do me :-\

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2007, 09:55 PM »

I don't see why Redline worry about it if they don't make them anymore  :idiot2:
Cant see why redline dont do their own repops or licence someone else, could always have the date printed inside them
A long time ago, in a land far away!

kowalski

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2007, 10:28 PM »
big ron b i just picked up a set of mint pro v's off ebay in germany for wait for it, £10 posted  :2funny: some guy called hans in a leather catsuit said he would do me a deal if i spent five minutes polishing his old stem... ha ha
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 10:38 PM by kowalski »

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2007, 11:04 PM »
big ron b i just picked up a set of mint pro v's off ebay in germany for wait for it, £10 posted  :2funny: some guy called hans in a leather catsuit said he would do me a deal if i spent five minutes polishing his old stem... ha ha

Nice one...  but I need Stu bars :daumenhoch:

gt0733

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2007, 01:04 AM »
that pad set on ebay dosn't look right  :-\ the red font on the frame pad should be completely in the black. i saw a set of correct ones last month on ebay in the store section when searching "redline" for $89.95usd. i had to go out for a short while, when i came home to buy them they were gone  :'(
£155 is a waaaay too heavy for pads that appear to be repo  :shocked:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2007, 09:53 AM »
that pad set on ebay dosn't look right  :-\ the red font on the frame pad should be completely in the black. i saw a set of correct ones last month on ebay in the store section when searching "redline" for $89.95usd. i had to go out for a short while, when i came home to buy them they were gone  :'(

Think you missed the bit that says frame, forks and bars too, not just a pad set  :LolLolLolLol:  That makes £155 look pretty good to me  :daumenhoch:.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Coastvl

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2007, 10:51 AM »
In Aussie dollars it's still too much for the sale. That frame pad is definately different to the scanned pic of the ad.

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2007, 11:26 AM »
In Aussie dollars it's still too much for the sale. That frame pad is definately different to the scanned pic of the ad.

In Aussie that would be what just about $400?  So pretty expensive for sure.  Can't argue about the frame pad definitely looks wrong  :daumenhoch:.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Coastvl

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2007, 11:37 AM »
Yeah $363 au + post. I'll take my chances of finding one at the recyclers shop.  :shocked:

GREMLIN

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2007, 11:52 AM »
Where i'm still on the hunt for a set of these style pads, i don't actually know how they're manafactured.
Is the Redline font printed on or stitched into the fabric? 
As a few of us in this thread have said, the Redline font should be sat squarely in the black portion of the pad. But taking a look at the pad it looks as tho the cover may have been set up for printing/stiching the wrong way round. The lettering looks in the right position then if that's the case. So they may be a screw up on the production line...?  ??? 
But still doesn't mean it was the production line for Redline. Then again if i were going to be knocking out repop's i'd make damn sure with the time and expense they were coming out spot on. For the small numbers they'd be made in.  :)    G.

Offline Bananaman

• BMX Nerd
  • Le Mans Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2007, 03:48 PM »

Them pads were brought as a set for a 600a not PL20, does anyone have a scan for the 600a to check they wern't different??

I have seen them pads in the flesh and they look pretty gen to me but could be wrong, were the same design used across the range?

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2007, 08:32 PM »
Can't find any scans of the 600a, but I have got these...

Some one must have a scan of the 600a Test or an advert ...

GREMLIN

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2007, 08:38 PM »
The only pics/adverts for the 600a i can find show it with white pads.  ???   G
Hey Ron... If they're all your padsets .  :shocked: :smitten: :daumenhoch:

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2007, 08:43 PM »
Not mine mate, but I do have some ::)

gt0733

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2007, 11:55 PM »
here's a scan of the December 1982 BMXA 600a advertisement. this edition also included the test of that bike, but without padset. i think Ron Burgandy has provided the proof we need that the ebay set is repo. awesome collection of pads there  :daumenhoch:

the pad on the 600a above, (i believe) could be one used for promo. the grey/black with red font were available from 1983 on as they don't appear in advertisements til that year.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  redline padsets can you buy repops?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx