gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 20, 2024, 02:10 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Tim Rucks 'Behind Bars' Zine
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Tim Rucks 'Behind Bars' Zine  (Read 1292 times)

the_cyclops

Tim Rucks 'Behind Bars' Zine
« on: July 07, 2007, 10:41 PM »
Anyone remember this?

I got a couple of the first copies off Tim but they have long since disappeared. I think John Dye did some of the art work for him!

I'd love to see a copy again (if anyone has one to scan) All I can remember about it is how Tim had an obsession with Hugo Gonzales :uglystupid2:

SaMAlex

Re: Tim Rucks 'Behind Bars' Zine
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 10:46 PM »
I met up with Tim a few months ago and took down my copy of the mag, just to make him smile. John Dye cover art, Hugo and Vanderspeck contence. There was even the hand written letter from Tim when he sent it to me. It was written by his mate "death" cos Tim was too drunk to write.

the_cyclops

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 10:51 PM »
I met up with Tim a few months ago and took down my copy of the mag, just to make him smile. John Dye cover art, Hugo and Vanderspeck contence. There was even the hand written letter from Tim when he sent it to me. It was written by his mate "death" cos Tim was too drunk to write.

Tim was/is cool! I used to love his mini ramp style and also those 'Hard Times' clothes he did...I had a couple of those shirts

I remember going on a photoshoot with Death around Southsea lawcourts many years ago! (i'd forgotten about him till you mentioned it!)

Get your copies of Behind Bars scanned up!

SaMAlex

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 10:56 PM »
Tim IS still way rad. Ive met up with him earlier this year and at the end of last year for a little riding trip with all those old guys (Death, Gav, Kev, Steve). Tim still runs The boarding House, the BMX shop in Exeter.

Steve Shindig

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 04:14 PM »
Tim IS still way rad. Ive met up with him earlier this year and at the end of last year for a little riding trip with all those old guys (Death, Gav, Kev, Steve). Tim still runs The boarding House, the BMX shop in Exeter.

The Boarding House is still going? man, I should probably know that in my job.  Ha.  That's cool though.

SaMAlex

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 04:16 PM »
It sure is. A BMX shop that has been going for years and years, without once stopping selling BMXs and selling records instead!

Steve Shindig

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2007, 04:22 PM »
It sure is. A BMX shop that has been going for years and years, without once stopping selling BMXs and selling records instead!

I'm down that way in a couple-o-weeks so will try to find it, awesome.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Tim Rucks 'Behind Bars' Zine

gfxgfx
gfx gfx