gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 04:19 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  rebel bmx?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: rebel bmx?  (Read 8105 times)

kowalski

rebel bmx?
« on: July 06, 2007, 11:19 AM »
anyone remember rebel bmx, a lad i knew bitd around 84, had one i think all i remember is it had the old confederate flag? on the pads (same as the general lee roof) i assume they are rare as i cant find them on the net anywhere, have i dreamt this up? if not what are they worth more info wanted

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: rebel bmx?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 11:22 AM »
Have a look in the museum mate....Sawzall has a cracker!!  :daumenhoch:

Huge bars though!!!   :shocked:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 11:23 AM »

kowalski

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 11:37 AM »
well i'll be dammed, nice work pickle the one my mate had was different , you know the seatpost tube it had another thinner tube behind that,kind of parallel to the seatpost tubehard to explain!!! i assume they were american are they worth much? :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 11:44 AM »
From what i understand they are actually English made (could be wrong though) and i know exactly how your mates frame looked....they are very rare now so i think would command a good price!

haro__master1985

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 08:27 AM »
I had rebel bars on my dp freestyler made from good old renolds 531 !  8)

A guy in our area had a rebel freestyler which was almost a haro copy as seen in the museum  :D

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2007, 07:26 PM »
rebels were made in the uk they were based in shropshire,heres a pic of a race frame i recently picked up,as far as i know they made three different freestylers,the one like mine in museum one like your mate had and one more like a haro with twin top tube :daumenhoch:
British race frames and race clothing wanted

daz bmx it!

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2007, 07:38 PM »
My old one is in the museum with huge Cw type bars that point out as they meet in the front! sold to motomag and I also gave him an original Rebel Race shirt ;)

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2007, 08:04 PM »
daz heres a pic of the same frame bars and forks built up :daumenhoch:
British race frames and race clothing wanted

p1nell

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2011, 10:02 PM »
heres one of my mineyes built at worfield Shropshire bitd, factory ceases to exist unfortunately! I'm about 15mins away from there by car. Here's a flyer, zoom in and read the small print. Only cane in white or chrome.This was the chrome one before I stripped the white paint back

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2011, 10:06 PM »
I do like a nice twin top tube, looking for one to trade with my goose. nice collection there fella, keep you busy for a while

where abouts are you in shropshire? Im a bit south of you in Herefordshire

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2011, 10:07 PM »
Where was the factory then ? Not far from me in walsall I guess ? think it was in stourbridge if I recall ?

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2011, 10:08 PM »
One of my current builds, lovely twin top UK freestyler.  Gonna give it a bit of a custom paintjob so watch this space!  Picked it up on eBay a few months back as a complete bike needing a little tlc  :smitten:
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

p1nell

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2011, 11:18 PM »
I do like a nice twin top tube, looking for one to trade with my goose. nice collection there fella, keep you busy for a while

where abouts are you in shropshire? Im a bit south of you in Herefordshire
Cheers Jay, add a chrome 84 gen2 master on top of the ones in the picture to do! the mid school gt performer frame I got given so I moved it on, to new for me that one!!

I'm very near cosford air base
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 12:26 AM by p1nell »

p1nell

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2011, 12:33 AM »
Where was the factory then ? Not far from me in walsall I guess ? think it was in stourbridge if I recall ?

nearer Bridgnorth, think it's like empty field area now, near dog inn and davenport arms, it's about 12/13 miles from me. If you zoom in on the original black and white advert from bitd you can see the their address minus postcode

p1nell

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2011, 12:37 AM »
One of my current builds, lovely twin top UK freestyler.  Gonna give it a bit of a custom paintjob so watch this space!  Picked it up on eBay a few months back as a complete bike needing a little tlc  :smitten:
I can't see your picture but I think I recall the one your on about because I nearly went for it but my better half would have murdered me ;D

Was it white with blue alloy hub tuffs on it, blue tuf neck sprocket? I could be wrong! it was on for a few weeks and he kept dropping the price. I was so tempted >:D Damn you woman!!

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2011, 12:43 AM »
I can't see your picture but I think I recall the one your on about because I nearly went for it but my better half would have murdered me ;D

Was it white with blue alloy hub tuffs on it, blue tuf neck sprocket? I could be wrong! it was on for a few weeks and he kept dropping the price. I was so tempted >:D Damn you woman!!

Yep thats the one!  A few nice parts as well but had to send one of the tuffs back as it had a huge chunk out of it that wasn't mentioned.  Repowdered now in white but gonna get the spray cans to it as well.  Women eh!!
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

p1nell

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2011, 01:21 AM »

Cool 8) you got it for a tidy price, I've got three rebels, (hence why my lady would kill me if I got a 4th!), one practically nos in primer, not a mark on the dropouts! that's going white very soon as I've already got a decal set waiting to go on. I can't wait to see yours done man, I'm a sucker for the double top tubes! I'll keep an eye out for your progress :daumenhoch:

Yep thats the one!  A few nice parts as well but had to send one of the tuffs back as it had a huge chunk out of it that wasn't mentioned.  Repowdered now in white but gonna get the spray cans to it as well.  Women eh!!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  rebel bmx?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx