gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 07:32 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  some people.......you just can't help em can you!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: some people.......you just can't help em can you!  (Read 844 times)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
some people.......you just can't help em can you!
« on: July 04, 2007, 09:42 AM »
a friend of my ex wife wanted to buy his lad a BMX and asked if she could speak to me and get some advice? (i'm no expert on new school) but she calls and we go through the usual "how much do you want to spend?" to which she replied about £150 up to £180? 

soi do a bit of digging around on the net for her and send her some links of decent enough bikes from Haro's through to DK's, GT's and a redline all around the price she wanted......also told her to go to Custom Riders and speak to them there and try a few of them out?

i gets a call the other night......"thanks for all the advice, we went to that shop and they were extremely helpfull, he tried a few out but didn't like them....he said they were a bit heavy" (these are £150 bikes what does he expect?) then tells me that he didn't like any of the colours and that they went and bought a Ruption in a nice matalic green and silver!   ::)

you can leed a horse to water............

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: some people.......you just can't help em can you!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 09:47 AM »
snap mate ,had the same thing with my nephew.
i take one or 2 of them with me from time to time but the other younger one i dont hes a muppet and a tad small.
his mum wanted me to sort him one ,well when i was in london the weekend i got a call ,we got him one.
lol well it was a piece of dogs doo doo ,its started rusting already tin is the word and the components are straight out of a £1 shop.ho hum.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 09:52 AM »
i know mate........i sorted him out a nice Redline.......main tubes cro mo, U brakes front and back......giro.....pegs, tube cro mo 3 piece cranks all for £150!  you just couldn't go wrong!  but of course i didn't count on not liking the colour brown  ::)

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 10:36 AM »
some people just don't listen mate

i used to get wound up about it, now I just let them crack on.

:idiot2:

muttley

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 10:49 AM »
I had the same with the sister inlaw's boy, said i would take him down to Wolfy's and set him with a nice BMX. Shame there was a sale on at Halfords and he ended up with some kind of moutainbike thingy that is falling apart  ::)

easyroller

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 10:57 AM »
Don't know if i am invading a private convo here, but i get the same shite here all the little groms moms trying to get me  to hook up an ok ride for johnny fart face who says he wants a good bike as long as its got the right stickers on it so he can get props from his crew,but seriosly a stickerless mongoose legion is as good as a stickered up hoffman el1 any day, i tell em learn to stop bitch manualing and lose the squirly style or lack there of and the props will role in ..........well we all know image is everything in bmx. Right sorry state of affairs.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2007, 11:21 AM »
No invasion here mate......it's a public forum so none of the convo's are personal....that's what PM's are for!  :LolLolLolLol:

although it did take me about 10 minutes to read and understand your post....but that's cos i'm a tad strange!  :idiot2: :LolLolLolLol:

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2007, 11:29 AM »
Thats why sh!t bikes are sprayed in bright colours, to attract the kids  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: WOW LOOK AT THE COLOURS :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

:LolLolLolLol:

:buck2: :buck2:

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2007, 11:33 AM »
ooooooooooooo pretty stickers...

easyroller

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2007, 12:30 PM »
Yeh ,i guess i got a little worked up thinking about the last wee tacker i "helped out"and forgot to put in all the commas and shit. well nuff sed

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2007, 12:40 PM »
no worries mate  :daumenhoch:   i know what it's like  ;D

Offline priv

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2007, 12:52 PM »
but the other younger one i dont hes a muppet and a tad small.

that's got to be the quote of the day,good old uncle harris :2funny:

i'm giggling away to that :4_17_5:

priv

Offline Bananaman

• BMX Nerd
  • Le Mans Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2007, 01:40 PM »
I had the same with the sister inlaw's boy, said i would take him down to Wolfy's and set him with a nice BMX. Shame there was a sale on at Halfords and he ended up with some kind of moutainbike thingy that is falling apart  ::)

I had exactly the same with my missus's mate, split up from hubby and no one to get the kid a bike "I will get ripped off I know it" she says, only want to spend £100 to £150 so finds one reduced from £250 to £150 on the net and she ends up in Toys R W*ank with an £90 scrapper " I saved £10" no honey you have wasted £90 :rant:

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2007, 11:45 PM »
..........well we all know image is everything in bmx. Right sorry state of affairs.

that much makes a lot of sence   :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  some people.......you just can't help em can you!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx