gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 20, 2024, 02:24 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  ACS Rotor with other stems (RL Osborn)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: ACS Rotor with other stems (RL Osborn)  (Read 3459 times)

Stevo

ACS Rotor with other stems (RL Osborn)
« on: July 03, 2007, 12:00 AM »
I notice on RL Osborn's Redline that he ran the ACS rotor with a Forklifter and a Tuff Neck stem. ACS rotor stems are hard to find these days so I might do the same to one of my stems.

Has anyone on here done the same?

The stems have obviously been drilled and threaded to allow the rear cable to enter the stem, but looking at this pic the cable doesn't appear to go all the way through the stem and meet the rotor, especially on the Forklifter pic (maybe hidden by the angle).

Surely the stem needs to be drilled all the way through.

Can someone clarify what is going on here.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 12:02 AM by Stevo »

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: ACS Rotor with other stems (RL Osborn)
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 12:06 AM »
The cable only reaches the top half of the rotor, then at the bottom of the rotor it continues, in the first pic you can see the other half of the cable :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

the_cyclops

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 12:11 AM »
Did they EVER work?

I never managed to get mine working and I breathed a sigh of releif when the Gyro came out!

rarman1

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 12:12 AM »
i think the forklifter pic is just down to the angle of the picture, i would say its a case of drill through the stem and then tap it to accept an adjuster,

i have a gt mallet stem which is like this, looks fairly simple, let me know if you want me to post a picture for ya and i'll do it tomorrow ;)

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 12:18 AM »
Did they EVER work?

I never managed to get mine working and I breathed a sigh of releif when the Gyro came out!
I got one set up on my RL20b, with forklifter stem, it works as well as a giro tbh, but then I dont ride it hard :angel:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

SaMAlex

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 12:20 AM »
Loads of stems were drilled like this. Hutch, Tuffneck ...

I had a tuffneck stem but I didnt wanna drill through the stem  body so I drilled through one of the bolts. I just stopped the outer cable in the allen key hex and didnt use an adjuster and it meant I could just change the bolt to a new one if it didnt work / I didnt like it.

fLA

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 10:08 PM »
hi,

I have my self a GT Stem mallet...
and a Gyro..

the system isn t working well...
do Y have to put a spacer in the headset? (make it taller,.. for cable)

please explain me the drilling issue... with pic if possible.

regards,

fLAVIO

Offline Del

• Look Back
  • Re-living my youth!
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 10:31 PM »
ACS rotor stems are hard to find these days so I might do the same to one of my stems.

Are they the ones that are angled downwards? I have one of them in the loft I think.

macmark

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2007, 01:59 PM »
I had a rotor on my streetbeat bitd. From memory I think the stem was very similar to a SunTour power stem. Can't remember if it was a SunTour stem or an ACS one that looked similar. Got no clearer pics of it to check though.

Mark

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2007, 02:54 PM »
I have a mint acs rotor stem,in fact i had 2 not that long ago.i have a spare acs rotor to
heres a pic of the rotor working on my cw,this is with the cw stem that i put on later when i sourced on,the brakes worked ok,a bit spongy,but it had skyways on it to,and the stem did flex a bit due to the height needed for it to work properly.

heres a pic of the cw when i first got it and the stem then was the silver acs rotor,its hard to see,if you want i can sort a picture out of it later if you want??

its probably up for sale to if you want it (thats the acs stem + rotor)?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 03:12 PM by thebigdog »

fLA

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 03:48 PM »
I have a Gyro.. and it won t work properly too.
but the system cable is diferente from ACS.

does someone have pictures from a Gyro system fitted, just to see the height of the stem, and if I have to put some spacer in the headset?

regards,

fLAVIO

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2007, 04:02 PM »
I have a Gyro.. and it won t work properly too.
but the system cable is diferente from ACS.

does someone have pictures from a Gyro system fitted, just to see the height of the stem, and if I have to put some spacer in the headset?

regards,

fLAVIO

Here you go Flavio

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2007, 07:43 PM »
I put one on my trickstar which had a Hutch Stem & it worked great, there much easier to set up then a Gyro

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  ACS Rotor with other stems (RL Osborn)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx