gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975645 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6349 Members - Latest Member: Kev667 July 07, 2024, 01:29 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Bags of style
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Bags of style  (Read 3625 times)

Ricky

Bags of style
« on: November 20, 2005, 04:32 PM »
Im  a wee bit late but in thought the post about old skool riders having a certain style that seems to have been lost a bit had a good point and it gives me an excuse to put up some more pics!,another Rom local we saw on our travels no idea who he is rode a really nice black hutch and just oozed style.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Bags of style
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 08:07 PM »
I really love to see these photo's from BITD. Thanks  ;D

cymruambyth

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2005, 08:40 PM »
wonder if twobobrob knows who this is?

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2005, 09:31 PM »
Sorry,  I have no clue.  In fact, I'm struggling to remember anyone who rode a hutch back then...

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2005, 09:33 PM »
I think this is in Summer 1985 Rob, bit after our time  ;)
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2005, 09:48 PM »
That'll do it!!!  ;D

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2005, 09:51 PM »
hutches were for rich kids, he must 'ave been from emerson park ;)

Dave
haro, how do you do

keyhole kid

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2005, 11:07 PM »
could it be jason hassle by chance

RADHAB

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2005, 11:46 PM »
Definately more style in the oldschool riders. Look how much that guy is enjoying himself in the picture.

Ramp Rat

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2005, 03:58 AM »
Wicked pics. Loads of air, loads of style, loads of $$$$$ for that Hutch...gimmie that Hutch boy  :2gunsfiring_v1:

I remember going to a skate park in Notting Hill Gate, near London Bridge, rough hood, anyway, we would get hounded by the local kids shouting "gimmie that Hutch, I want that Hutch man"!   :knuppel2: We would peg it to the train station shitting ourselves, we were in the wrong part of town. I lost a BMX at Westway race track. They start out with..."let me try out those grips man, they feel great, let me try those pedals man, ah so grippy, let me go one time round the track...come on man". I was just a nipper....the bike was gone. Erroll MacKlean helped me get it back though. Erroll's a cool dude. :angel:

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2005, 08:22 AM »

remember that dodgy park at notting hill a mate almost lost his vdc changa there, big erroll was so cool we used to go to alpine action for a weekly beating

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2005, 10:25 AM »

remember that dodgy park at notting hill a mate almost lost his vdc changa there, big erroll was so cool we used to go to alpine action for a weekly beating
Did he work there, or just go there to hand out beatings. Cos he was always there when I went there  ;D

gudge

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2005, 05:48 PM »
Na, errol never worked at Alpine action but your right he was always there! I nearley lost my Skyway that exact same way at westway.Give us a go mate and it was gone. 15 minutes later me and my mates crapping ourselves and they came back and handed it over. I 've still got it. That skate park was Meanwhile Gardens and i remember Big errol riding that wooden vert extention of the concrete. That was the raddest thing i had ever seen back in '82. Good Times :rant:

Ramp Rat

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2005, 06:36 PM »

That's right, Meanwhile Gardens, with that wooden extention on top of the concrete that took the bowl to almost vert and Erroll would be do areials on it, that was the first place I saw someone do an aerial, and I was hooked immediately, like a good hit of evo stick glue  :buck2:

gudge

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2005, 07:12 PM »
Right now i'm gonna be really sad! they filmed an episode of Tuckers luck at meanwhile Gardens. That was really big Bmx news at School the next day :D

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2005, 07:50 PM »
That was also Marco Lara's local.  I went over there a couple of times to ride with him.  I remember going off to buy a drink and as we rode down the road he would point to side streets and say 'we don't go down there'  or  'YOU don't go down there'   :o

The council rebuilt that park into a modern peanutty, hipped bowl type thingy.  Looks cool. I've not ridden it however, its been overrun with skaters the couple of times I've visited.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Bags of style

gfxgfx
gfx gfx