gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975625 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 26, 2024, 12:13 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  Names
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Names  (Read 914 times)

Haley

Names
« on: June 10, 2007, 08:55 PM »
Had a conversation with Aerostylie at Epic about names and nicknames on RAD. I am rubbish with names, nicknames confuse me even more. How about putting real names in profiles and under avartars?? Pics of members would help my crap brain even more.   :LolLolLolLol:

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Names
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 11:15 PM »
i've said this from day one that we should have our proper first namews in the signature bit.
you soon pick up the lads names then you talk to most and it is easier when the meets are on.

dave the bmxing gypo

Trev

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 12:32 AM »

there are a lot of famous riders on here that are up for the crack but don't want to be publicly known who they are.  i know of a few riders on here that i chat to that were "names" back in the day.  some are common knowledge to those in the know but not to everyone and there are some who only a few people know are on here.  there is probably about 5 or 6 "name riders" on here that haven't disclosed their true identity on the forum, but have messaged me. it is not for me to say who they are, for if they want to join in but keep a low profile then that is down to them. i'm sure if they want people to know who they are, they will let them know.  whilst there are many famous riders i know on here that have kept a low profile, i'm sure there are plenty more that i don't know about. for all i know, there could be up to 100 famous ex-riders having a bit of a browse to see whats going on. fair play to those guys. i'm sure they'll let us know who they are in their own time if they want to.

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 01:01 AM »
At the meets i call people who's names i don't know by their screen names anyway.

It's more of a problem wondering who i'm talking to half the time, i'm bad at remembering names. A good name badge would sort it out but it's a bit gay at the local meets. I might have to sort something out for MK....

mark 2

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 01:16 AM »
I always prefere to use my proper name and address everyone by theirs, been dj'ing for years under different guises so I tend to stay away from made up alter ego's now.
The J is for James btw. Anyone got a real bad middle name. Spill the beans.... :LolLolLolLol:

p.s. I haven't got one

Trev

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 01:20 AM »
i am really crap at remembering names. it usually takes me a few times before i remember who's who.  makes it worse when you have to remember a forum name and a proper name and match them to a face....

i've finally learnt two of my Charlton riding buddies names - Meddle (Graham) and Muttley (Ross).

Last night at Epic I met about 20 people who I'd never met before.  I think I remember most of their site names, but wouldn't know many of their real names. To be quite honest, I think although I'd recognise every face that was there last night, I may have some trouble matching up their names...  It took me months to learn the names of the RAD members at Rom and I still think I don't know them all.... So apologies if I dont remember you first time off..... Does get embarrassing at times... After MartyC paid for Epic, I messaged him thanking him for the payment and was looking forward to meeting him at Epic to which he replied something along the lines of "you silly sod, i met you at rom last week and was chatting to you for a while"  :-[

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2007, 09:29 AM »
there are a lot of famous riders on here that are up for the crack but don't want to be publicly known who they are

lol who gives a fook who there are.
were all old farts on bikes at the end of the day eh  ;D.
dave the bmxing gypo

SaMAlex

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2007, 09:36 AM »
I dont tend to look at the names, I look at the avatar pictures. If I meet someone and they tell me what their user name is I am usually non the wiser. I think we should all have a hat/T-shirt/badge or whatever with our Avatar picture on it cos thats the only way I will know who Im talking to.

Oh, and yes, it does really mess me up when people change their avatars. It takes me a while to tune in to who they are again.  :crazy2:

zed4130

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2007, 09:51 AM »
some members change there avaters on a weekly bases  :-\ i use the user name , but after ive had dealings with a member i usualy use there real name when poss  :daumenhoch: although ive allways been happy being called zed  :daumenhoch:

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2007, 10:27 AM »
zed aint that bad.
but when you have to call say phil...hey hello oberonspacefruit you feel a slight bit silly i bet  ;D ;D ;D ;D.
dave the bmxing gypo

zed4130

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2007, 11:08 AM »
zed aint that bad.
but when you have to call say phil...hey hello oberonspacefruit you feel a slight bit silly i bet  ;D ;D ;D ;D.

:LolLolLolLol: thats very true ,  :-\  i didnt think about that , allthough  i call him fruity for short  :2funny:

highrisedrifter

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2007, 12:31 PM »
It might also go some ay to stopping certain members from popping up again and again with different user names. Not pointing any fingers at Rubber-Ducky, oh no.  :2funny:

HRD

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2007, 01:26 PM »
I dont tend to look at the names, I look at the avatar pictures. If I meet someone and they tell me what their user name is I am usually non the wiser. I think we should all have a hat/T-shirt/badge or whatever with our Avatar picture on it cos thats the only way I will know who Im talking to.

Oh, and yes, it does really mess me up when people change their avatars. It takes me a while to tune in to who they are again.  :crazy2:

Yes I tend to look at the avatar first, then the user name, I thought I was the only one  :-\

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  Names

gfxgfx
gfx gfx