gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 03:35 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  eBay - What would you do?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: eBay - What would you do?  (Read 720 times)

macmark

eBay - What would you do?
« on: June 22, 2007, 05:39 PM »
I won the auction for an old BMX Action Bike mag. Got a message from the seller saying he/she had been called away for work and couldn't post it for a few days. Fair enough, these things happen and I was grateful for the heads up. The magazine has turned up but looks nothing like the picture or the description. In my opinion the picture is either of a different mag or has been retouched. The thing is I got the the mag for £2.49 posted and I can't complain about that. As with all of my eBay purchases I paid immediately after the auction ended but as per usual the seller hasn't left any feedback. If I leave neg feedback I know I'll end up with neg feedback. I can't see the point returning the item as I'd send it recorded delivery to make sure they got it and that would cost me more than I paid for the mag in the first place.

The thing that bothers me is the seller is obviously selling items that don't match the description. There's a massive rip across the cover and an address sticker on the cover that aren't on the pics in the listing.

Dunno what to do, it could be the next thing they sell is a f&f's that don't match with the pics that someone has paid a lot of money for. As it is i haven't left any feedback.

If anyone goes to buy anything from a seller on eBay that has a name that could mean they are in love with the capital of Japan beware!

Mark

theRuler

Re: eBay - What would you do?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 05:42 PM »
just leave no feedback at all.

keep an eye out for this seller in future - add him/her to your favourites!

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 05:55 PM »
I would contact the seller and see what they have to say about it.  You never know they may have asked someone else to ship the mag and they c0cked it up.

If the seller gets shirty, then for that amount I would bite the bullet and keep the mag and either not bother to leave feedback OR leave negative on the last possible minute so they cannot neg you back.

highrisedrifter

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 06:04 PM »
And if you get no joy with the seller, tell them that you would prefer not to leave any feedback at all. Then, do as above. The chancves are that they will think that you won't leave feedback and so won't be watching at the last minute when you do.  :2funny:

gt0733

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 12:06 AM »
as said earlier try and sort it out. if there's no replies to your emails, then to me that's guilt. let the world know about it.
if they leave a neg for you, anyone with a brain will be able to see it was a spiteful neg.

selfpreservation

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2007, 02:38 AM »
whats their feedback like if its turd you should know better , contact the seller and voice your concerns it may be a silly mistake give them the benefit of the doubt

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2007, 04:01 AM »
what Stidds said  :daumenhoch:

YGT

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2007, 08:28 AM »
I have had the same problem with some miss described counterfeit decals that were way off and had bum fluff all around the edges.
I tried contacting the seller but they were unhelpful and then went through paypal but since its all automated and they have their rules I got shafted (basically I have to return the decals and pay all shipping costs using a registered postal service and provide shipping details to paypal) .... try to contact the seller first ...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  eBay - What would you do?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx