gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 03:25 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  my first BMX photo - 1983
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: my first BMX photo - 1983  (Read 8364 times)

bsdforever

my first BMX photo - 1983
« on: June 20, 2007, 10:02 AM »

on my brand new Raleigh Ultra Burner

SaMAlex

Re: my first BMX photo - 1983
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 10:08 AM »
Thats rad, I my first bike was a blue and silver Ultra Burner but I dont have any pics.

Here is a pic of me on my second bike in 1983 A Diamond Back Silver Streak

A jump near my house

At a Hotshot BMX race at Deddington

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 10:09 AM »
Nice Grant...very rad.

My first bike was a Mk1 Super Burner, that endo'd real good too!

:daumenhoch:

zed4130

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 10:14 AM »
 :daumenhoch: its funny how a lot of members knock burners ,but they were alot of our first bmx's ?  :daumenhoch: nice pics mate

spillers#1

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 10:34 AM »
WASN'T MY FIRST BIKE...I HAD A HAWK SCORCHER FROM WOOLWORTHS...£99 I THINK MY OLD MAN PAYED :daumenhoch:LOOKED A BIT LIKE A KUWAHARA.CRASHED IT CHRISTMAS MORNING,MY DAD PUT IT TOGETHER AND DIDN'T DO A VERY GOOD JOB...I WAS RIDING UP AND DOWN THE ROAD AND A GIRL I REALLY FANCIED WAS WALKING IN MY DIRECTION SO I THOUGHT I'D SHOW OFF AND PULL A WHEELIE OFF THE CURB...AS I PULLED THE FRONT UP THE F**KIN BARS AND STEM CAME OUT AND I WENT STRAIGFHT OVER THE BACK OF THE BIKE AND HIT THE DECK...MY OLD MAN HADN'T DONE THE STEM BOLT UP PROPERLY :crazy2: :2funny:SHE PISSED HERSELF LAUGHING AND I FELT LIKE A twat SO NOTHING NEW THERE :daumenhoch:

SaMAlex

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 10:38 AM »
Grant, are those gloves you're wearing those woolen raleigh Haro ones? A shop I worked in in the late 80s had loads of those, and so, I had loads of those!

bsdforever

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 10:47 AM »
yes, Raleigh Haro gloves!! do you think it was even a proper collaboration??

SaMAlex

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 10:49 AM »
We'd cycle into work, and if it got cold when it was time to go home, we'd help our selves to another pair!
It was a shame that most of the BMX parts the shop stocked were Landar!

xtremepervert

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2007, 12:55 PM »
WASN'T MY FIRST BIKE...I HAD A HAWK SCORCHER FROM WOOLWORTHS...£99 I THINK MY OLD MAN PAYED :daumenhoch:LOOKED A BIT LIKE A KUWAHARA.CRASHED IT CHRISTMAS MORNING,MY DAD PUT IT TOGETHER AND DIDN'T DO A VERY GOOD JOB...I WAS RIDING UP AND DOWN THE ROAD AND A GIRL I REALLY FANCIED WAS WALKING IN MY DIRECTION SO I THOUGHT I'D SHOW OFF AND PULL A WHEELIE OFF THE CURB...AS I PULLED THE FRONT UP THE F**KIN BARS AND STEM CAME OUT AND I WENT STRAIGFHT OVER THE BACK OF THE BIKE AND HIT THE DECK...MY OLD MAN HADN'T DONE THE STEM BOLT UP PROPERLY :crazy2: :2funny:SHE PISSED HERSELF LAUGHING AND I FELT LIKE A twat SO NOTHING NEW THERE :daumenhoch:

Lee I too crashed trying to impress a bird I fancied. I was talking to her as she was waiting for a bus. When it arrived I went to ride off & my freewheel shattered & I went OTB in spectacular fashion with basllbearings rolling all over the pavement!!! :smitten: :smitten:
That was in 1985 I think.

rosscoe

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2007, 10:15 PM »
yes, Raleigh Haro gloves!! do you think it was even a proper collaboration??

yes it was - for a short while Haro provided Raleigh with kit - I had a pair of the original sample Haro trousers in Raleigh colours (bitd - not now). Colaboration didnt last long - Raleigh went down market a bit....

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2007, 10:57 PM »
cool photo  8) - burners had their place  :daumenhoch:

Its funny how most of us oldies started riding bmx's as kids 7-13 years, most of the nu skool kids i know mainly rode mountain bikes then got into bmx around 16-18 - we were luckier haha  ;)

Trev

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2007, 11:00 PM »
but they didn't have ET when they were 7 or 8...

highrisedrifter

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2007, 07:56 AM »
My first BMX was a Super Tuff Burner. Got another Burner now too.

HRD

muttley

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2007, 08:52 AM »
   :LolLolLolLol:  :LolLolLolLol:

loosenut

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2007, 08:33 PM »
more burners....

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2007, 09:29 PM »
Not too sure when this is, it`s my second bike, the first one was a Mongoose, so it could be 80 or 81 at the Blackheath dips :

I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Ramp Rat

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2007, 09:53 PM »
What a great thread, funny stories and pics. Love the burners all lined up with a bloke on a tracker and another on an old racer.
Bill - those dips look like a fun place to ride.

My first BMX was a Team Murray from Halfords, I got the Halfords race pants, crash helmet and face mask. Loved that bike....the grips were rock hard, get massive blisters on the palms...heavy as a Tank too. (notice the Tracker boy in the background wishing he had a BMX)

Second bike was the Pro Star Mark II. Always wanted the DB Silver Steak (nice jump Alex) but din't have the funds to get one, so I got the Pro-Star. A member on this site has a mint cond. Pro-Star Mark II. Great bike.

mobysteve

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2007, 01:47 PM »
Not too sure when this is, it`s my second bike, the first one was a Mongoose, so it could be 80 or 81 at the Blackheath dips :

i know these dips,i lived in blackheath in 2000/2001 and for me that photo is cool coz i didnt know they were used for bmxing.i came from the nottingham/derby area originaly but today the track in  ilkeston is just wasteland now,even houses. my fisrt bmx was a red burner in 1982 when i was 11, and every one was into bmxs. one of the best times of my life.after one year we heard there was a track close t nottingham in the end we could not find it so my mates went home, but i wanted to stay. big mistake cos not long after two shuffle munsterers older than me smacked me in the head ,remember i was only 11,knock me off and i watched my gem go off in the sunset.anyway after that 1984 my dad was a friend with somone who worked at raleigh so he got the bikes a bit cheaper.the next bike was a ultra burner,after 6 months i ended up with a mk1 supergoose frame and forks which i swoped for a pair of araya 7x off the ultra burner,i allready had the skyways waiting and it was the bees nees,racing and causing trouble bunnyhopping every where you can!!oooh the good old dayss 

theRuler

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2007, 02:00 PM »
backyard kicker ramps!
cool.

that bottom pic is nuts, damon

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2007, 10:12 PM »
more burners....

Just look at those clothes  ;D

Jesus , I had a wardrobe of gear like that  :-[

I wonder do they do any NOS ' Y cardigans ' on Tebay  :-\    ;D

Jazzchimp

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2007, 10:35 PM »

More streaks, me on mine in 1983 at wordsley number 306  :)

Twinkle

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2007, 10:39 PM »

:LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  my first BMX photo - 1983

gfxgfx
gfx gfx