gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 04:29 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Ripper font?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Ripper font?  (Read 907 times)

Offline BrianP

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Ripper font?
« on: June 18, 2007, 11:32 PM »
can anyone remember the name of the font used on the landing gear EDIT: PK RIPPER stickers?

(want to use it for a logo)

:)

Bp.

(typed that wrong last night. shoulda just gone to bed... :-[)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 08:48 AM by brianp »

spinmaster

Re: Ripper font?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 08:55 AM »
i think it was called banco or something like that

Offline BrianP

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 09:03 AM »
thanks dude, i'll look into that.  :daumenhoch:

(how's the nankai f/c going?)

spinmaster

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 09:13 AM »
its going alright mate thanks, getting into the flatland now, still can't really do much but got to start somewhere i guess. hows it going with you?

Offline BrianP

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 09:22 AM »
also pretty good thanks, been doing lots of fakie stuff, but had to adjust the freecoaster gap since it kept engaging the pedals.
that was kinda painful at times  :( (threw me on my back more than once!)

but it keeps us out of trouble, huh?

(all that rolling flatland stuff is way too hard. would love to try it, but reckon i'd not have the patience for it anymore!)

:daumenhoch:

Bp.

spinmaster

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 09:25 AM »
can the nankai take that sort of punishment to do fakie tricks, is that on ramps that you're doing? yeh i've noticed sometimes it engages the pedals, how do i change that? i'm still learning the basic balancing stuff at the moment, lol. it does takes time though. i'm going to stick with it though as i love it.

Offline BrianP

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 09:45 AM »
so far, yeah, it's not doing too bad  :LolLolLolLol:

worst thing that can happen is ur axle will bend, but that's more likely to happen with pegs fitted, doing ice picks and peg stalls, etc, which i don't do too much of.
 (i'm also using the hub in 14mm dropouts with axle converters which is helping beef it up too.)

as for adjusting the gap, remember when you were building the hub into the profile shell? there is a small washer in there near the middle, about 2mm thick. I took this out and replaced it with a regular washer off a 10mm axle which was about 1.25mm thick. this reduced thickness was just the job to give a little bit more slack. however, to make sure the washer slid up inside the bit with the spring properly, i had to reduce the outside diameter of it slightly, which i did by putting the washer on a bolt in the end of my drill and grinding off a few thou with a file.

hope that makes some sorta sense!  :daumenhoch:

spinmaster

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2007, 09:51 AM »
oh right, i can't say i remember seeing that washer i'll have a look next time i take the hub apart. i suppose its not too bad as i'm not doing fakie stuff on ramps so i'll probably leave it for now.  :daumenhoch:

Offline BrianP

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2007, 09:56 AM »
yep, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (although i love taking stuff apart...)

:)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Ripper font?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx